Thursday, March 29, 2012

Adventure story 23. New Job

                                                                      New Job
Usha was searching for jobs desperately.But she didn't manage to get any.One day her friend phoned her."Usha it's Ritu.""Hi,how are you?""I am fine.Actually I am getting married and going Banglore.""Then what about your job?""I have to quite it.""Can you tell me your position?I can apply for it.""Oh my God!I don't know you are such desperate for job.You are not asking even about my husband.You are just interested in my job.""Sorry but I am really desperate.Please if possible give me your job.Please I am requesting you to help to get them job.""Hey I am your friend there is no need to request.But I think my boss is little bit strange.""It doesn't matter.I just want that job.Can you arrange my meeting with your boss?""Sure but I still think my boss is not a good idea.""Just tell me.Are you going to arrange it or not?""Okay fine.As you wish I will arrange it."After that they talked about Ritu's future husband and her marriage.They both were happy because Ritu got husband and Usha expected to get the job so they both talked happily for long time.Usha just wanted that job.She was waiting for many days.Truthfully just for 3 days but they were like months to her.Finally one day Ritu called Usha.Ritu "I talked to my boss.He was happy to take interview.But he told me after he will make inquiries about you.Then after detailed investigation he will decide if he take you for job or not.""What kind of investigation?I thought it was a simple accounting job.""Of course.It is just a accounting job.But my boss take everything too seriously.Don't I tell he is a strange man."Usha clearly remembered her statement.But she needed that job so she decided to ignore it.After all each boss had his own views."Ok,where do we suppose to meet him?""No me.You are suppose to meet him alone.""Alone?""Come on.He is a nice gentleman.I can give that guarantee to you and you are suppose to meet him at crowded cafe so there is no need to get scared."Usha smiled happily so she was sure now that her boss didn't have that type of bad behaviour.She wanted to try and win the job.Usha"What time did he suggest?""So you are going?"Ritu was little surprised.Usha was never that much modern to accept such offer.But this time she decided to break her codes to get the job."Of course.Now will you tell me the time?""Today at 4o'clock and please take your passport,Pan card,driving license,credit card and other residence proof.""Are you mad?I never drove a car in my life.I get tense just by looking at traffic.Why does I need a driving license?You know it every well I don't own credit card.""Okay,Okay.Don't get so excited.You got your ration card xerox,electricity bills,telephone bills etc.bring them and bring your birth certificate because I think your all bill will be on your father's name.No I think you shall have bring election-I-card.May be you shall have to bring this all?I think you shall have to bring all possible documents.""Why do I need all these documents just for a simple job?""I told you before I will not repeat it again.My ex-boss was a strange man.If you wanted the job,you have to bring all these documents.After accepting that job you shall not complaint about it because I warned you regarding it.""Of course I will not involve you.""No.I am not telling you that you have to phone me everyday to report what happen.You have to promise that.But you shall not blame me because I take you to my boss.""Okay,Okay now give me the address where I am suppose to meet him."Then Ritu gave her the address.Usha properly wrote it on paper.Then Usha started getting ready.She got dress up.She used mild lipstick because she didn't want to look aggressive and over smart.She looked at herself carefully.She was looking perfect for the job.She happily smiled at herself in mirror.After being sure about her appearance she went to meet her boss.
          When she reached in the cafe sit on one table and started waiting for her boss.Exactly on opposite table a middle aged bald man was sitting quietly and drinking the coffee.Usha was very upset now.She couldn't just sit on table and wait.She had to order something.She saw that a waiter was coming in her direction.She was very angry with herself for agreeing to come there.Now she had to waste her money by ordering something.When waiter asked about the order,she sadly looked at menu.Everything was high in price.She was about to tell waiter that she was waiting for someone and she couldn't order before him.Suddenly that bald man joined her on table and ordered food and drinks.Usha"Excuse me who are you?How dare you join me like this?"Usha stood up and about to leave.When that man said"Ritu mentioned me that you hate to talk to strangers."After hearing Ritu's mention Usha stopped."Who are you?""Ritu's ex-boss.Mr.Rane."Mr.Rane smiled kindly.Usha liked this fellow.He seemed like kind and gentleman.She found his sense of  humour  very strange.But she thought each boss had his good and bad points.After all no one was perfect.Mr.Rane"So you came alone.""You told me not to bring anyone so I came alone.""Good.I like obediently person.I was waiting there to find out if you are cheating on me.But you remained true to your word.I really appreciate it.Now let me see your papers."Usha showed all her papers."There is nothing about your family history in it.""Family history?!What do you want Sir?""Where did your father use to live before he came in Mumbai?"Usha was confused after hearing this question.Why did her to be boss questioning about her father.But she answered him.Then he asked her many personal questions.But where he began to ask her financial questions Usha didn't like it.But then Mr.Rane"O god!I am so sorry.You must have felt confused when I asked you this.But you know these are security needs.""But I don't want to give my bank account number."Before Usha could able to say some thing Mr.Rane stood up from his chair."I will inform you after 15 days."And he just went away.He was behaving in such strange way that she didn't understand meaning of his attitude.But in her heart she felt that she was never going to get that job.
             After that for some days she just waited for phone.But after 7 days she started giving other interviews.But while moving around she started getting a strange feeling.She felt that someone was following her.Some one was keeping watch at her every activity.She was started getting scared.She was started acting odd way.One day Ritu came to her home and forcibly took Usha with her for shopping.When they were walking,Usha felt that some one was following them.Suddenly Ritu spoke"Do you know that before taking me on job my boss put some spy on me to confirm my background."Usha laughed and turned to look at Ritu.But Ritu was very serious.Usha "You mean he really spied on you.""Of course whole office told me.Usha I am telling you don't take that job.That man is very strange fellow."Usha didn't like it.But she really wanted that job.Then she thought she might not get that job so she decided to forget about it.But after 15 days she received a phone call from the boss.Mr.Rane told her.She got that job.Usha just didn't know how to react.She was sure of one thing she wanted this job and she was going to do it.On next day Usha started getting ready for her job.Usha wore perfect dress without any wrinkles.She was scared inside her heart but she showed false confidence on her face.She went inside office.She went to receptionist and told her that she was going to be assistant of Mr.Rane.That receptionist looked at her with shock.For some time she just kept quiet.Finally Usha repeated her question again.Then she showed her the room.Mr.Rane was sitting on his table.He told Usha to sit on the chair opposite to him.Mr.Rane "Usha I am appointing you as assistant.I am trusting you with my company's books of accounts.You have to be careful about everything.I don't let anyone touch those files.No one even allowed to enter my office without my permission so you have to do all your work before my eyes."Then he pointed towards glass of window from there a table and chair could easily seen."You have to sit there.I will keep special watch on you.I hope you understand the importance of your work."Usha never thought her work was such a important.But she liked this challenge.She went her table and began to see files.They all seemed to be normal accounting files.Then she entered in computer.In each file it was asking for password.Usha was confused how did she suppose to know the password.She didn't want to disturb Mr.Rane so she went to her next table and asked to that girl about password.That girl "Sorry we never interfered in accounting work.Mr.Rane don't like it.Let me tell you.If you talk with us,he don't like it.If you go and ask him,it will be better for you."Usha was confused.She never liked sitting alone without help.But no one in the office was interested in talking to her.Finally her boss Mr.Rane called her inside his cabin."Usha why are you talking to others?""Sir I was asking for password.""Why are you asking them?You should have come straight a way to me.""Sorry Sir.""I don't want to see you talking to others again just do your job."Usha was very panicked after this.She just nodded her head.Then Mr.Rane inserted password.Usha watched it but Mr.Rane put his hand in such a way that she didn't able to see the password.Usha just sat there and watched as he opened account.When she started working ,she felt her boss's eyes were following her everywhere.His intentions were not bad.Ritu told her clearly.But Usha found this man was looking at her strangely.Then she began her work.It was simple and normal accounts of company.There were proper Income Tax receipts also.Usha didn't find anything suspicious and fishy in accounts.She just didn't understand why this all secrecy.But she couldn't question her boss.Then finally lunch  hour began.She wanted to join others for lunch.But no one showed any interest in joining with her.They all were gossiping no one was paying attention to her.When she saw this,her feelings were hurt so she sat alone and ate her lunch.Then when her lunch was over.She saw still 15 minutes were remaining so she decided to take a walk.She started going away from her desk,when she saw Mr.Rane came out of his cabin.Hurriedly she went to her desk and shut down all the files with passwords.Usha was very surprised.Mr.Rane was not letting his computer opened for few minutes.She just didn't understand.There were no secret in that computer.Then she suddenly thought she must have missed something.She wanted to find it.But she remembered the proverb curiosity kills the cat,it's hope of satisfaction that brought it back.She wanted to be satisfied so she just killed her curiosity and went for the walk.
            After sometime she came back for work.Once again all computers were locked with password.She had to call her boss.Mr.Rane once again to opened  them.Finally when her work was over.She went in Mr.Rane's cabin."Sir I have finish my work and office will be closed so can I go?"Mr.Rane suddenly ran to her computer.Usha went after him."You stupid girl.Why did you keep that computer open?If someone saw our data.He will use it against us."Usha just didn't understand how anyone could use simple accounting transactions against them.But then she thought she was inexperienced to understand it.She just looked around office was all most empty so there was not any possibility of theft.But still her boss continued screaming one her.Finally he told her to get lost.Usha couldn't bear this insult.She started crying and running at same time.Then she noticed the same girl from office.That girl was waiting for train just like her.That girl"Did he scream on you?"Usha was surprised to hear this.Usha"How do you know?""He always acted this way.None of his assistant wanted to stay with him for long time."Then Usha suddenly noticed that she forgot her mobile."I forgot my mobile.""No;don't go there now.Mr.Rane was tearing all receipts now.""What?But why?There is no need of secrecy in our work.I saw the books.They are clear.""I told you.He is strange man."From that day Usha thought she got a new friend.But next day that girl acted as if she didn't know her.Usha just sat alone for whole day.For many days she continued working like this.But one day when suddenly computer stopped.She got confused.Mr.Rane was absent that day so she had to start it on her own.She even tried to phone Mr.Rane.Finally she had to ask for help from other office staff.They were not willing to help her at first.But when she told them Mr.Rane's phone was not responding.They decided to help her.They found that virus was in computer.They called mechanic and repaired it immediately.They didn't want other computers to be damaged.During repairing password was cracked and they forced to set new password.Usha was very scared by this.But she had no options.Next Mr.Rane came at his usual time.But his computer was not opened due to wrong password.He got very angry.He started screaming Usha's name.Usha came inside her heart was beating loudly still she told everything quietly.But after that Mr.Rane turned abusive.He started insulting her in bad language.Usha was very hurt after hearing it.Finally she screamed "You are a mad man.There is no secret inside that computer.""So you searched my computers."After that he threw glass at her.Luckily Usha missed it.But it fell on the glass and the window glass was broken.All office was gathered outside by now.Usha literally ran out of that office.From that day she decided she could not go to that office.After some days at Ritu's marriage.She discussed the whole issue with her.Ritu smiled"I told you he is a strange man.Actually he is suffering from Paranoid Personality Disorder.His wife told me.He thinks everyone is cheating against him.They are treating him.Slowly he will be okay.""I hope he will get well soon.But I am not going to work in that office.""As you wish.Actually his wife was telling me to join him again and my husband is willing to let me do that job.So is it okay if I join again?""Do as you wish?"Ritu smiled at Usha and happily started with her wedding ceremonies.Usha was looking at her with adoration.She was impressed with Ritu.Ritu managed to keep that job for so long and still  happily willing to work with that man.She saluted Ritu from her heart. 
                                                               The End
            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6959. Shine towards spirit become

                   Shine towards spirit become  Shine towards spirit become new appeal to route which form new brightness to dream of move i...