Saturday, February 9, 2013

Adventure story 71. Commitment

                                                               
                                                                       Commitment
Rakhi's Mom was getting ready in every way.After all today they were going to Rakhi's to be husband's house.It was an arranged and love marriage. Tarun lived in next building from childhood Rakhi and Tarun were best friends.Slowly as they grow up every one decided that they were best match.Then Tarun proposed Rakhi on valentine's day and every thing became official.But after that Tarun got to go in U.S.A. for further studies.At first Tarun was not ready to live Rakhi like that but then every one convinced him.After all education was also important for future and Tarun got scholarship because of his intelligence so wasting such a opportunity was stupidity.They convinced him and he went away.But before going they got engaged.It was so beautiful ceremony two love birds looking at each other. Rakhi's Mom Smita was sure that Tarun was best boy for her daughter.Then suddenly Smita noticed that Rakhi was upset. Smita"What happen?"Rakhi"Tarun didn't phone me after coming in India."Now Smita was confused. Tarun's mother had phone to come and meet them so it was official.They were going to fix wedding.Then Suddenly phone rang.It was Tarun's Mom. Smita"Hello,how are you?We are just about to leave home and come...""No need to come now.We can do these things after some time. Tarun wants some time to relax.We can decide it next week.Is it okay with you?"Actually it was not okay for Smita. But Smita couldn't say this on their face after all she wanted to marry her daughter in their house so she spoke sweetly .Smita"Fine.But we prefer it as early as possible.""Of course.We want the same thing.But you know Tarun is not feeling well.That jet lag and change of weather."Tarun's Mom said it so nicely that Smita  immediately agreed to it.After all Tarun must be tired due to such long journey.Smita turned towards Rakhi and told her everything. Rakhi went to meet Tarun.
       When Rakhi was going in their building,her friend's husband came to near her and gave her a bag which contents her book.Her friend had promised to return that book.But then she forgot so she told her husband to return that book. Rakhi just took that book.But then that man started talking.He began telling her about their plans of shifting to Madras.Rakhi was not much interested in it but she had to listen him because his wife was her best friend.Rakhi nodded automatically on each and every sentence.Then finally that man went away then Rakhi turned towards her fiance's building when she noticed that he was standing in balcony.When Rakhi smiled at Tarun,Tarun looked at her with anger and went inside.Then Rakhi ran into his flat.When she rang the bell,Tarun's Mom opened the door.She gave her smile but Rakhi could feel there was strange stress in it. Rakhi"Something is wrong?""No..No why do you think that everything is perfect?Please come in."Rakhi could feel something was wrong still she went inside. Rakhi"I want to meet Tarun.."Before she could say something,Tarun came out of his room and screamed on her"I don't want to go out with you.Why don't you go out with that man with who you were chatting before coming here."Rakhi was shocked. Rakhi"Tarun he is my best friend's husband and he was just telling me that they were shifting in Madras.""And why do I suppose to believe you?"Rakhi was so shocked.Tarun was saying all this before his mother.She was sure that now she was going to lose all respect from her eyes.Rakhi started crying.Tarun saw that she was crying but his attitude was not changed.Tarun"First prove me that you are faithful to me.I have my doubts.Then only we will marry."Then Tarun went in his room and locked his door.His mother started to stop him.But he had already locked it.His mother"So sorry.But I can't do anything.I am trying to convince him.But he is not listening to me.Will you please go home now?I will talk with your later."Rakhi just nodded and ran back to her home.
        When Rakhi returned back to her house,she started crying.She never expected that kind of behaviour from Tarun. Tarun was never so possessive.She was just chatting with that man for few minutes.Then she suddenly got an idea.She thought that she should call her friend and tell her about this.When her husband came and personally tell Tarun.She was sure that Tarun would believe it.Rakhi picked up her mobile and dialed.Her friend picked it.Then Rakhi began to speak.She could feel that she was getting hysteric but still she couldn't stop herself.She just hoped from her heart that her friend would understand her problem.But her friend grasped it quickly.Her friend Tina"This is not my husband's mistake.Anyway don't worry I will come and explain.""No..No not just you please bring your husband.""What?Why do you want my husband to come there?This is nonsense.""Please try to understand.If he don't come Tarun will never believe me.""Rakhi this is too much...""I touch your feet and request you.please."Then she began to cry.When Tina heard this,Tina said that she would convince her husband.Then Rakhi put down her phone.When she turned around,she saw Smita was watching her with shocked expression.Smita"I can't believe it.You have to be careful Rakhi.""I am sorry Mom.""But I just don't understand that why did Tarun misunderstood you so much.""Mom I just don't know."Then Rakhi told her everything.Smita"I just can't see anything wrong in your attitude.""May be I smile too much in his direction."Smita started laughing.Smita"You never smiled in that man's direction.You always get irritated when you see him."Rakhi nodded.Of course she clearly remembered that she was irritated on that day also.Smita"I think Tarun must have some personal problem.Now don't you worry.We can handle it.I will go and talk...""No Mom.Let me try to handle it first."Smita didn't like Rakhi's suggestion but it didn't seem fair to rob her from chance to prove herself so she nodded.Rakhi smiled happily.
             Next day Rakhi went to Tarun's house with her friend Tina and her husband.They discussed that issue for many hours.Even Tarun's Mom tried to convince Tarun.Finally Tarun nodded.Rakhi smiled.She was so happy.Rakhi"So you are convince now that I am honest to you."Tarun looked at her with anger.Tarun"Who told you that?I am convince that you are not involve with this fellow.But who can give me guarantee of other time you spend here when I was not here."Rakhi started crying.Tina"This is too much.I can't believe it."Tina's husband"How can he speak like this?I just don't understand why do Rakhi want to marry him?"Tarun smiled.Tarun"Then tell her to marry some one else.I don't mind."Tina was so shocked.Tina's husband stood up.Tina's husband"I can't tolerate this man any more.I am leaving."Tina"Rakhi come on let's go.You can get better man than this."Rakhi was not ready to go.Rakhi"I will try to convince..."Before she could complete her sentence Tarun had already gone out of that room.Tina went away with her husband.Rakhi was sure that she would phone her Mom.Rakhi didn't want her Mom to know about it.But there was not any other option.She just sat there and look at Tarun's Mom.Tarun's Mom"Rakhi can I suggest you something?""Sure.""I think may be you shall have to stop thinking about Tarun.""No Auntie.I will prove my innocence then everything will be fine."After saying this Rakhi waited there for hours but Tarun didn't come out of his room.But Rakhi still just continued sitting there.Finally Tarun came out and screamed on her"Get out.Bring some proof of you honesty then only I will believe you."Rakhi was confused.But she decided to give him some evidence.
        When she went home,she was so lost in thought that she didn't even able to hear Smita.Then she began to write.Rakhi"Mom I am writing every day records of days of my life when Tarun was absent.Help in reminding them.""What?That is impossible!!""Mom if we try,we can remember.""I am going to do that for that stupid Tarun and I am against your marriage to him.Come on ...""Mom how dare you talk like that I love him and I am going to marry him.Don't worry I will prove him that I am innocent by remembering each and every day."Then Rakhi started contacting her friends and convincing them about coming with her.She was going to take them all to Tarun.Smita was watching all those nonsense.Slowly each every day Rakhi started bring her friend on Tarun's door to prove her innocent.Tarun was so shocked by this.One day finally he ran to Lonawala. His mother told Rakhi that he was not there.Rakhi was so upset that when she came home,she was crying.Rakhi"Mom Tarun is not.."Then she suddenly noticed her many friends were talking to Smita angrily.Rakhi"What happened?"Smita"They are upset because you are harassing them to meet Tarun.Why don't you understand that he is not interested in you?"After this Rakhi started insulting and screaming on Smita.Then suddenly one of Rakhi's friend suggested"If you are so sure about his relationship,why don't you go to counselor for help?"Rakhi smiled."Yes I will do it."Then she literally ran out of house.Smita was shocked.Rakhi's friend"Sorry Auntie I don't mean this literally.I said it in anger.""This is not your fault.She is acting like that for many days."Then Rakhi made many inquiries and finally went to a well known counselor. She told counselor everything.Finally Rakhi asked"So how I suppose to convince him?Can you please help me?""Are you sure that he is still interested in you?"Rakhi was shocked.She never thought that way.Rakhi"But our marriage is fixed from childhood."There was stammering in her voice.She began to shiver and cry loudly.Slowly she just sat looking at one corner of room.That counselor phoned Smita immediately.When Smita came Rakhi was already admitted in hospital due to her low blood pressure.Smita"She was not eating properly for days.She just wanted to prove her innocence.."The counselor"No.Actually she was not ready to accept Tarun's dishonesty.""What?""I think Tarun had cheated her and she must have felt it."Then Smita remembered those days when Rakhi complained to her that Tarun was no longer chatting with her.Then she told her that he was not answering her email.She thought that it must be due to busy schedule.Smita "It's all my fault I must have paid more attention to her.""Actually it happen due to stress.Many times on such a specific stress situation which individual views as potentially overwhelming a pattern of an obesessive-compulsive pattern emerges to face it.I mean since Rakhi can't able to face Tarun's dishonesty.She began to hide her stress in work on proving her honesty.It was just her way to save herself from nervous breakdown.But it never works.Finally she suffer nervous break.Don't worry she will be fine.""Madam please cure her.I am widow and she is my only support of life.I spend as much money as needed...""Don't worry.I will try."That counselor said it and went away.Smita slowly went inside room of her daughter.
                                                                           The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6957. Dream towards light create

                      Dream towards light create  Dream towards light create new appeal towards touch with hope that show new knowledge to s...