Saturday, May 25, 2013

Adventure story 86. Decision

                                                                         Decision
When bell rang Dipti ran towards door to open it, Pradip was standing there.She knew that Pradip was going to come.Since her marriage opening door for Pradip became exciting task for her.Every day she ran to door when door bell rang and normally Pradip gave her big smile.But today he didn't smile at her. Pradip came inside. Pradip angrily"My company is sending me to Dubai for two years.""Why?They can't do such a thing. Transferring you like this is so unfair.This is too much I can't leave my job like this.You know that it is so important to me.If we go there just for two years and then once again come back shifting for two years look like wrong decision.Any way if you insist I will come for you.But I like to make it clear to you that I have earn my education and now this job.If you force me to quit it, it will be totally wrong."After saying this Dipti turned to go in kitchen.At same moment Pradip's mother came out. Pradip's mother"What happened?"He told her everything. Pradip's mother"If you wish,you can take her but I will not come.I spend my whole life in this place and in this country.I am too old to shift so I will stay here.Now a days many old people stay alone.""But...""Just listen to me.If I have some sickness or I am ill,I can understand.But I am fit and fine.I will stay here alone.You can take your wife with you."After saying this his mother went inside so Pradip could clearly see no one want to come with him.His mother was too old to shift and his wife didn't want to quit the job. Pradip was so tense now.He just didn't understand that what did he suppose to do.He could quit his job just because he was told to go in Dubai on project.This meant that he had to go alone so he decided that he would go alone because he knew that Dipti was just pretending.She would never come with him.
           Dipti was crying in kitchen.This was so frustrating.After so many efforts she got this job and now her husband was claiming that he had to go. Dipti was married to him for just one year and now this happened.She was so confused.She didn't know that what did she suppose to do quit her job or let her husband go.She didn't know to whom she should go for advice.Then she suddenly remembered her mother.She phoned her and told her every thing. Dipti"Mom I don't want to quit my job after so hard work.""But if Pradip want to go then...""Now this is too much why shall we just think about male's and their careers.Mom this is modern cetury now a days woman have same rights towards their future.I spend many years of my life just to reach on this position.When we got married,it was decided that I can keep my job.In fact Pradip wanted me to keep job.Now all of sudden how can he tell me to quit my job?No Mom.This is not fair.Just because I am woman I suppose to do all sacrifice.This is totally wrong Mom.Totally unfair."After saying this Dipti started crying. Pradip could clearly heard her.She was creating a list of complaint regarding Pradip. She was saying that she didn't want to go to Dubai.She even began to claim that she didn't going to like to stay in that country. Pradip so shocked Dubai was really a nice country and Dipti was screaming against it just because she didn't want to quit her career.Then he was shocked so Dipti was right.He never treated her career with any importance.He always treated it with disrespect.He suddenly began to feel guilty.Then he suddenly thought about his Mom.He thought that she might be fine with his mother.After all he didn't want his mother to be alone in home.He smiled and thought that he could adjust for two years.He went inside. Pradip "Dipti I talked to Mom.She even didn't want to go to Dubai so I am going alone.You can stay with Mom."Dipti nodded happily so they decided to leave their life separately for two years.
        When Pradip went away,Dipti cried a lot.She began to feel so lonely in that house.Her mother-in-law was also not great help.She wanted her to stay with her but still as soon as all arrangements were made.Her mother-in-law suddenly changed her views.Last night when Pradip went to meet his Mom before going out. Dipti heard them talking about her from outside.Her mother-in-law " Your wife is so strange woman.She should have gone with you.""Come on Mom.It is okay.She wanted to continue with her job...""You are married just for one year and then suddenly she deserted you so strange.""Mom she is not deserting me.I have convinced by her thoughts.""Stop lying to me.I know that you wanted to take her.But she screamed and cried so you decided against.""Come on Mom.We already had enough discussions.I needed some one to stay with you and she is doing that job willingly so why should we object?She will take good care of you.""I told you before and I repeat myself again.I am fit.I don't need any one to take care of me so don't this blame on me.I want you to take her you since she is not going.I hope at least she shall do job of taking care of her mother-in-law.Such strange woman!!""Mom will you stop it?She will hear you.""As if I care.."But after that her mother-in-law changed the subject.But Dipti had heard it all.She was so upset.She didn't want to stay with her mother-in-law.But there was no option.But as soon as Pradip went away,she began to panic.She just didn't want to stay there.She phoned her Mom and told her everything.She told her mother that she wanted to come there.Her mother tried to convince her but it proved useless.After that Dipti immediately told her mother-in-law.She wanted to stay with her mother.Her mother-in-law was not please with that idea but she nodded.
         Dipti stayed with parents for many days.But after some days every one started questioning her.Every one wanted to know that what was wrong with her personal life. Pradip was calling her once a week.But it was just not enough.One day even her best friend of office asked her "Why are you staying here alone?Why don't you went with your husband?"Dipti was so upset.She never thought that even her best friend question her like this.She expected little more respect from her best friend.But her best friend didn't seem to think that way. Dipti "Actually I don't want to quit the job.""What??You left your husband for job."Now Dipti screamed on her in anger. Dipti "I have not left my husband.He had went to Dubai for two years and he is going to come back.I hope I made it clear."Now whole office was looking at her in strange way.Even her best friend looked embarrassed.Her best friend did say anything further because their boss came out of cabin.Boss"Will you please stop discussing your personal life in office?If you have any family problem go and discuss it with counselor not here in office."Dipti wanted again to scream on every one that she was not getting divorced.But as days started to passing. Dipti was more and more harassed by people.Finally Dipti started avoiding talking about anything except official work.It was so frustrating for her.Then one day her mother told her that she must visit her mother-in-law for some time so Dipti went there.At first her mother-in-law didn't open the door.Finally she opened it.Her mother-in-law "Why did you come here?"She didn't even invited her inside. Dipti gave her a nice smile and said "To meet you."Then she noticed that her sister-in-law and her whole family was settled in her house. Dipti was so shocked.She had never expected such thing from her sister-in-law. Dipti "Mom can I come in?"Her sister-in-law"Of course.You can always visit us some times."Dipti was so shocked.She was throw out of their house.But she couldn't argue about it.She went inside.They all treated her like some guest.Then finally after some time she went away.She was convinced now that her husband was not interested in her.He must had planned it all from beginning. She started waiting for his call.When he called her,she told her everything.He sounded confused to her.But he said that she should have stayed there.Now what ever happened had happened.They could not change it. Pradip sounded truthful but just by hearing him on phone.She couldn't able to guess anything. Then her parents talked with him.Both were convinced that Pradip's sister managed to cheat and took away house from them.But Dipti was convinced that Pradip had cheated her.She was convinced that he would not come back again.
        Then Dipti went to sleep but she couldn't able to sleep.She continued looking at ceiling.She was so tense.Then she saw a spider web.She saw that dust.She was convinced that if she had to remove that dust.She started cleaning it.Slowly she got dirty.She had to stop it but she couldn't stop herself.She felt just after some cleaning.She would feel relaxed.But she continued cleaning till midnight but still she felt tense.That night Dipti for first time went for bath at night.Her mother saw her going inside bathroom.She was shocked.When she asked,Dipti told her that she was feeling dirty so she decided to take shower. Her Mom looked at clock.It was midnight when she heard voice of shower. Dipti slowly began to feel obsessed with cleanliness.She told her Mom to keep different soup for her.Her parents were watching her.She was washing her hands again and again.They could feel it that she was trying to wash her problem.Then finally she went to office.She saw many dirty places in her office.But she controlled herself.She just did her work.Then when she reached home,she began her cleaning process.Her parents were irritated with it.But one day worst thing happened in office once again her so called friends began to asking her about her husband.She was so upset.Then she suddenly saw the dirt.She began to call cleaning staff.But no one was present so she took stool and began to clean her office.Every one who was present in office looked shocked.Even her boss was surprised.He was so confused.He didn't understand what he supposed to do.After all he also wanted to clean the office.But he didn't expected his assistant manager to do it.After all Dipti was his brilliant staff.Finally he stopped her and told her to go home and took rest.When she reached home,she once again continued working with cleaning.Her parent tried to stop her but she just couldn't stop.When they kept asking her,why did she came early.She started crying but whole time she was washing surface of room.She just couldn't stop.Her parents looked around the room.Her room was too much clean.They looked at wall in some parts even paint was gone while cleaning the room.When they came near those wall,they noticed marks of blood on them.They looked at Dipti's fingers.They were injured.Her parents were shocked.They knew Dipti was too much obsessed with cleanliness but they never understood it's intensity.They tried to stop her.But she didn't stop.Then they heard phone was ringing.They were sure that it was Pradip's phone.Her mom smiled."Dipti it's Pradip's phone.Come on go and take it."Dipti looked at phone and smiled.But then once again she started cleaning."Mom will you please take that phone and tell him.I will come after some time.Let me just clean this."There was strange look of madness on her face her mom started crying.Finally her father took the phone.But when Pradip asked about Dipti,even her father started crying.They told everything to him. Pradip was nervous. Pradip"I can't come now.They will not give me any vacation till next month.I will definitely come next month.""I wish you have taken her with you.You can still..""No.No.Don't send her now.She is not mentally sound.I can't stay at home.She have to stay in home alone.I don't want to keep her alone.It is too risky.""You are right.I just don't know what..""Listen to me dad.Take her to psychiatrist.I will give you his number.He is my best friend from school."Dipti's parent nodded.
           That night was worst for them.They tried to control Dipti but she didn't listen to them.Finally next day they took the appointment. It was not easy to take appointment when they mentioned Pradip's name.They finally got an appointment.It was so hard for them.They had to go alone with their daughter to that psychiatrist.Some where in heart they were sure that Doctor would admit her in asylum.They were sure that their daughter would never be normal again.When they went inside.Psychiatrist talked with them in friendly way as if he was just friend of their brother-in-law.Slowly he forced Dipti to chat with him. Dipti talked with him freely.She started sharing her insecurities about her marriage. Dipti " Do you think I made mistake by letting Pradip go alone?Do you think he will left me now?"Psychiatrist started laughing "Who told you this nonsense?Pradip never leave you.He love you.Tell me why else he send you here.He personally phoned me yesterday.That's why I arrange this appointment.Come on Dipti. You made one decision just remain stick to it.One year is almost gone.Am I right?"Dipti nodded."So why lose patience now?Trust your husband.I know him very well.He will never cheat you and any way if he wanted to cheat you.Can't he able to do it while staying here also?""But I prefer my career over him.""But I talked Pradip. He didn't think this way.He still understand your view.Just think about your personal views.Ignore others."Then Psychiatrist wrote down medicines on paper. Dipti smiled.She had already started feeling relieved.Psychiatrist"She is suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder.When ever she feel tense,she starts cleaning.She feel that she can vanish tension with dust.It is due to problem in my married life due to sudden departure of Pradip and strange attitude of her mother-in-law.Don't worry she will be okay...."Psychiatrist continued talking with her parents.But Dipti was not paying attention to them.She just began to plan vacation on which they would go when finally Pradip would come to her next month.She knew that he would go away after some days but she took one decision and she had to remain stick to it.
                                                                      The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6952. Spirit of move bring

                        Spirit of move bring  Spirit of move bring new way towards world that start new smile which form new dream in life S...