Saturday, August 31, 2013

Adventure story 100. Tension

                                                               Tension
Once again Nitu was ill.It was happening again and again.Since Jay's Mom died,they were forced to keep their daughter with baby-sitter.This time matter was serious.Doctor phoned Jay and told him that his daughter was suffering from food poisoning.Jay ran to that Hospital.He was waiting for Manasi.As always she was late.He hated her busy job which was taking life out of her.Manasi was always busy.She just never had time for any one.After all inside their life she was mother.She was supposed to be taking care of kid not him.Then he suddenly remembered that he had promised her in beginning only.That he would not object her job.But at that time he had never guessed.It was so hard but after all she was getting more money than him.It was not right.But he was so confused.He couldn't leave his job and stay at home.He couldn't think of it so he couldn't claim it from her also.He might need more expensive baby-sitter.He smiled at this idea.It looked best solution.After all he didn't want to force his wife just to cook for family.His one part of mind was totally against it.He just didn't want to discriminate towards his wife.Then suddenly he felt touch of hand on his shoulder.He turned.Manasi was standing behind him.She was crying.Manasi"I had it enough.I will quit my job."Jay was so happy but still he controlled himself and said"Don't jump on conclusion.We can have solutions.It don't seem fair that you quit your career on this stag."Manasi"No.I had enough.I am quitting.My daughter is more important for me than my job."Jay was so happy but on other side he felt that he was doing wrong.Manasi was perfect mother who was ready to quit job and he was useless father.Then Doctor came to them and started giving instructions.Manasi ran towards Nitu and hugged her.Jay was looking at her and feeling guilty.He just wished from one side that he could stop her.But on other side he was glad that he was no longer called less earner from his family because now he was sole earner.
          Then when Nitu came back home,Manasi was forced to go to job for three months because she couldn't quit without notice of three months.During this time Manasi's mother stayed with them for some days.She took total care of Nitu.Manasi was doing her every duty.Jay was watching all this.One day when he came from office and sat on table for dinner.His mother-in-law started talking "I just wish there is some way for Manasi to stay on that job.She always love that job.It is not fair that she had to quit it."Jayesh was getting hurt with her each word.Jayesh"I just don't know..""No..No..it is not your mistake.You adjusted your best.But now a days we just don't get nice servant.In our days we use to get such nice baby-sitters.They use to take care of kids like mother.Those old days were so nice.Now we can't get that type of servants.Really sad."Then she began to serve Jay.But he was feeling so guilty that he couldn't able to eat.After all Manasi's mother was right,Jay was really doing wrong.He had never liked Manasi's job much because he might be jealous.Jay suddenly started feeling more guilty when he noticed Manasi was not there.Jay"Where is Manasi?""She decided to quit so they force her to do some extra work.After all she was on important job,she have to train some one.Her working days are over.I still can't accept it.My poor girl.Come on Jay eat your food.Why are you looking so pale?I am not blaming you."Jay was feeling more guilty now.Since his mother-in-law started consoling him"Come on.You tried to cooperate in every thing.My daughter told me about every thing.You were much nice to her but I can understand.There was no option."Jay couldn't take it any more.He literally ran out of that room.Manasi's mother was screaming but he just stayed in bathroom for some time.After some time he heard knock on door.Manasi"Jay are you alright?Why are you inside bathroom for such long time?"Now Jay was confused.He didn't want to confess truth.He didn't want to tell that he was crying so he screamed."Come on.I want some privacy.I will come out."When he came out,he looked just perfect.All three ladies asked about his health and he told them that he was fine.Then he started eating but he knew that he was tense.
          After some days finally Manasi became full time house wife.At beginning it was not known in Jay's office.That Manasi had to quit the job.But one day finally it came out when some one asked Jay about Manasi's promotion.Rakesh"What your wife had quit her job?But I thought that she was on verge of getting promotion.""Actually she had to because our daughter was getting sick again and again...""Come on.You can do some thing else.It's not fair.She is such intelligent woman and you force her to sit in house and do your cooking as well as our laundry.So unfair.How can you act like that with her?She had so bright future now it's all destroyed.You acted like those dominating husband who treat their wife like slave.."Slowly every one heard their talking and joined them.Another woman from office"Most of the husband act that way and then it is beginning of crack in their marriage."Now Jay was shocked.He never thought this way.Jay"I never force her.""But still it will have that effect."His friend said that in such a determination that Jay felt shocked.Every one around him were started discussing this.Jay could not able to remember every thing but he knew one thing.That he did biggest mistake in life and he felt that all his colleagues were hating him for this.Every moment he started feeling stressed.On that day he did every thing his best.Jay was so tense that he would do some mistake and insult someone.After all he didn't want to insult any one in his life now.He wanted to tell Manasi that she could join her job but inside his heart he knew that he couldn't do this.His daughter would need her mother.At end of day when all his work was over and he was about to go home.Suddenly his friend appeared near Jay."Jay will you finish my file?""What?But...""Come on.I want to be at home on time.Your wife is already at home.Now she could take care of kids.You don't need to think about her that much.She was resting in home for whole day and my wife need some rest.Come on finish my work."Jay wanted to say no and wanted to say many things to him about work which his wife was doing at home.But he was so scared that he might upset his friend so he started doing that work.
       Manasi was looking at wall clock.Jay was so late today.She wanted to tell him about her day.Manasi was quite comfortable with her new life.She could do all her housework personally.Then she could do her painting which was her hobby.She never had chance to pursue it.Now she could do it.Then she could do cooking for Nitu.She was so busy with Nitu whole day that she hardly got time to think.Actually she liked this kind of life.She preferred to stay at home.She wanted share this with Jay.She wanted to explain him that her mother was wrong.She was very happy with this arrangement.Finally Jay came.He was looking so tired as if he was working on some hardest project.Manasi welcomed him.She was looking so happy but still she saw that there was some doubt in Jay's eyes.Jay"Manasi you are really happy?"Jay asked this when Manasi bought tea for him."Of course.I really liked this arrangement.We have to adjust with our budget but I think we can do it.If we ...""I know.You are unhappy because we are poor now."Manasi was so shocked."What are you saying?We are not poor and I am not unhappy.I just said that I have to make budget.Every wife do that.If we don't do it then how can we do saving.""But you never did this before?""I know and I think this was my mistake.I want to improve it.""No need to pretend.We have financial crisis.""No.We don't have.Come on.What's wrong with you?Why are you turning in so negative? Think positive.""Yes.I know positive thinking is my only option now."Manasi thought that Jay was so depressed.She came near him and started counseling.Slowly he looked normal.But something was not normal and Manasi could feel it.Even after showering of affection from Manasi Jay was not convinced that she was happy.He felt so upset and scared with this.He was sure that he was going to lose everything.He was so sure that she was pretending that happiness.He could see that on her face.When she came out with his food,she was tense.Manasi"Can I ask you something?""Sure.""Why are you upset?"Jay smiled and said "I am fine."
          From that day Jay's every day became so busy.He used to come on time from office but these days his desk was loaded with work.Jay just didn't want to say no to anyone.One day when he was getting ready for work,he was in so much hurry that he forgot his lunch.Manasi saw it but it was too late.Jay had already left for office.Manasi was upset but then she got an idea.She decided that after dropping Nitu to school.She would go to Jay's office and give him his lunch.She smiled.It was perfect idea for her.She was watching Jay attentively every day suddenly Jay was so busy.She wanted to know cause behind it.She went just on time.It was lunch hour in office.When Manasi entered in office,she saw crowd of Jay's colleagues.They all were enjoying their time.She slowly went near them and heard their conversation.They were joking about Jay."Look at Jay.Still working.""That man is so strange always after pleasing every one just like some puppy.Strange indeed.""I think he is so stupid.He think that if we get disappointed He will be out of job..."That was enough for Manasi.She went inside and saw her husband was working.Manasi "Why are you clearing other files?""Manasi speak slowly.Some one will heard you.""Let them heard me.They are called you stupid and I don't care for any of them.These bullies who treated you like servant."After hearing her voice Jay's boss came out of cabin.He was so shocked to hear it.Jay was so scared now that he would be thrown out job.When boss started looking at his files,he started shivering.He was sure that his boss would fire him.Jay"I am sorry.I ..I just .."Boss"Why are you sorry?These people should be?"Boss looked at other staff with anger.Boss picked up all files.Boss "Now I can know who is getting paid without work."Then Boss went inside.Then all colleagues came near Jay and started abusing him.Jay looked so scared.Then Manasi noticed that he was sweating.He was just saying "Sorry."Then finally Manasi was so shocked that she went away.
         When Jay came at home,he was sweating more and more.Jay"I am not feeling alright.""What happen?"Jay screamed on her"Why did you do that ?"Manasi started crying after all she was helping her husband.Then Jay start looking at her with tears.Jay"So you will divorce me.""Why?What are you saying?""I am scared that you will divorce me.Then suddenly I feel scared that may be Rakesh will harm me.You know he can put some scam or fraud on me.""It is impossible.""But I am scared."Then Jay started crying.Jay"I am scared about everything.I am useless.""Come on.Relax everything will be fine."From next day Jay started going to office.Everything was just fine.Now no one was harassing Jay.But still he was scared.Sometimes he was scared about sickness of his family.One day he bought a big doll for Nitu.Nitu was so happy about it.But Manasi found it strange.Then he started showering them with gifts then suddenly he started showering them with medicines.So one day he was scared that they would be angry because they didn't get gift then next day he felt that they would be sick.One day finally he bought fire alarm and burglar alarm for house.Then one day he changed locks.Finally he started changing locks on each and every week.This was too much for Manasi every day he was tense.Finally she asked"What is your problem?""I am tense every time."Then he started telling about his tension.They seemed like non stop.Finally Manasi said"I think that you may have some physical problem due to which you are getting tense to Doctor."He nodded.But when they went to Doctor.He suggested psychiatrist.At first they shocked but then they accepted.Then they went there.Then Manasi was told to sit outside.When Jay told everything,psychiatrist said"You are suffering from Generalised Anxiety Disorder and according to my guess.It had happen due to some stress can you tell cause?"Slowly Jay spoke"I wanted Manasi to quit that job because I am jealous of her job and so I force her to quit it."Then Psychiatrist called Manasi asked her about job.Manasi"I quit it because I want to stay with my daughter.Jay never forced me.""No..NO.I force you.You don't understand.I tricked you.""No No.You don't.I want to become house wife."Manasi tried hard to convince Jay this truth.But it seemed useless.Then Psychiatrist stopped her."Let me handle this.It is slow process.I will convince him."Masani nodded.She knew that Psychiatrist would convince him but he would take money.Only if she could convince her husband but she knew that she couldn't so she nodded and just paid the fees.
                                                                     The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6967. Shine towards appeal that

                    Shine towards appeal that  Shine towards appeal that show new touch to chapter which form new brightness to move in life...