Saturday, December 9, 2017

Adventure story 322. Childhood memory

                                                                 Childhood memory
Rakesh was so excited about joining car driving class. His father was best driver. He wanted to be like his father. He wanted to become wonderful driver. His father was best driver. He used to win many races. But Rakesh never tried to drive car that much. He wanted to try but his Mom never let him. She always kept saying he was small. But finally he managed to become old enough to get licence for car. Then Mom had to say yes to him. He was so happy. He just didn't understand why did his Mom wanted to avoid it. His Dad used to teach him driving when he was kid. He didn't got permission to drive but still he used to sit behind wheels sometimes. It was their secret pact which they never told his Mom. He still remembered one day while driving he managed to damage their car. He wanted to go behind and see damages but his Dad told him to sit inside car. He could clearly heard screams of that woman. He was so scared. But he obeyed his Dad. When Dad came, he was sweating. He told him that he had to handle all. It must not be in car when Police came. It was clear that this woman's car was damaged. He was so scared. But he just went out of car and took Auto then he came home. He told every thing to Mom. After that Mom got angry. She told him to sit in his room. He sat there for whole time. He could clearly hear his Mom's angry voice but he couldn't understand words. It was something serious. He didn't understand what happened but his Dad didn't come back. He didn't even went to school from that day. His Mom told him that they were going to change town. When he heard that he asked " And what about Dad?" His Mom was angry. Mom " Are you still thinking about your father?" " Mom I thought Dad will join us." " No he is not going to come with us." He could see so much anger in his Mom's eyes. He was confused. But then he remembered his Dad's friends. His Dad used to have many friends who were girls. They used to hug him and admire his driving. But his Mom never objected but he felt this time things must had went in wrong way. He wanted to make his Mom comfortable. His Dad was handsome man so it was clear that he could get any girl if he wanted. His Mom was good looking but he was not as exciting as his Dad. Rakesh loved his Mom. He felt sad for her. He knew that with age every one would start to look old. His Dad had special capacity to retain youth which was not common. He saw all other fathers from his school were looking so old. But his Mom was normal by looks. She was not ugly but simple. She was nice and kind so if his Dad cheated her for some young girl then it was wrong but not shocking in his eyes. He had expected something like that. Many times he felt that those girls were behaving friendly with Dad. He wanted to object but he knew his Mom would not like it. He kept quiet but now things turned in absolutely wrong way. It was so wrong. His Mom was so kind and innocent. A young girl couldn't replace her. But he knew when Dad would sense it, his Mom would not accept it. He began to cry slowly. He knew that he managed to lose his father. His Mom slowly took him in her arms. Rakesh"Mom I want to meet father on few times." His Mom dried his eyes. Mom looked so tense. Mom " No honey you can't meet him. I want to understand it. He is not creating different effect on you." " What effect Mom?" " Well you are too small when you get big you will understand." But he never asked about it to his Mom. He didn't want to hurt her. His dad never called him. He sensed one thing that he might not want him. He sensed his Dad left him and his family behind. But still somewhere in his heart he wanted like him. He wanted his Dad back. But he knew that his Dad managed to left him behind. He felt so sad. He wanted at least little bit like him so he decided that he had to learn driving. He was so happy when he entered in driving school. When he sat in car, he suddenly began to remember his Dad's all instructions. He knew that driving was going to be easy for him. He knew how to drive and he just needed to prove it. He began to answer every thing properly. Instructor smiled happily. Instructor " Have you drive car before?" " I use to drive when I was child. My Dad was car racer. He once let me drive." Suddenly instructor looked shocked. " Now that is not something for which you should feel happy. Kids must not permitted to drive car. Your Dad was careless. Any way it is thing of past so we need to ignore it." Rakesh nodded and started driving as per suggestion of instructor. He wanted to become best driver and he was determined to do that.
       Rakesh's Mom Kanta was watching outside from window when she noticed Suresh. Suresh gave her a nice smile. Suresh was husband of her friend who was died many years ago due to cancer. He had two daughters. Kanta used to help him while dealing with girls. But she never wanted to get involved with him. But soon she sensed that he was thinking about her in different way. He kept telling her that second marriage was not crime but she knew that in eyes of Rakesh it would be crime and she didn't want husband at cost of son. She was happy with what she had. But still Suresh kept coming. He had helped her in many ways and he never acted in indecent way with her. So she couldn't just throw him out of her life. His proposals were decent. She knew that if Rakesh was little cooperative she might had agreed but at this point it was impossible. She had to keep handling situation every day. Since Suresh was not ready to give and Rakesh was not ready to accept so she stood between them. Until now she managed very well, she hoped it move ahead same way. But today she was tense. Rakesh went to driving. She didn't want him to  drive car. They had argument about it again and again. She didn't even let him buy car but he decided using car belonged to his friend. She was so angry. She didn't understand what was truth and what was false. It was so confusing. She knew that something was wrong with incidence which her husband described during last accident in which her son was involved. It was so wrong. He had to tell her all. But then she didn't want to think about it now. She knew that they got over it. But when Suresh came, Kanta decided that she wanted to avoid discussing with him. She would just talk about driving class. When Suresh came he immediately sensed tension on her face, he asked " What's wrong?". She smiled and said " Rakesh went for driving." He started laughing. " Kids are like that only. You need to give them freedom. Just don't worry every thing will be fine. We need to try hard to adjust with them. My daughter one day wanted to go for picnic. I don't want to take risk but she didn't listen. Finally one day she escaped without telling me. I was so angry but then her professor called me. She told me that she was crying since she was scared that I might not take her back in home. I was so upset. I was scaring her since I wanted her to stay home. I told truth to professor. She started laughing and told me that she would take good care of her. She did every thing in perfect way. My all fear turn out to be false and I managed to sense that I was getting paranoid. I started giving freedom to my daughter. We need to just make little bit checking like who is their teacher. Then we can relax. But it apply to girls in case of boys it would be more hard. They didn't like their parents interfering. Still I can inquire about his teacher secretly." Kanta smiled. Kanta knew that it was not about capacity of teacher but she couldn't explain this to Suresh. " No need. I don't need to get paranoid. I will control myself." " All the best." Then Suresh sat with her. She began to feel relaxed while chatting with him. She started to think that her fear was totally wrong. She felt that every thing would turn out right. Then suddenly her mobile rang. She took that call. It was her ex-husband. " I want to talk with Rakesh." " Really? But I don't want you to talk with him." " But he is major now. He can decide now." " And why did you feel he decide to meet you?" " Please try to understand. He is my son too." " But he is not your only child. I heard you have married to some young fan." " Yes I have. But this is my first kid. I love him." " Fine. You can meet him." He was so happy. He kept thanking her. She knew that she wanted Rakesh to meet his Dad. Since she knew that he was going to meet him any way, she decided that this time if he started visiting him again and again. She might convince him regarding Suresh. She wanted to move ahead in her life too. She was sure that in few days Rakesh was going to leave her. She planned that this time to let him meet his father. She wanted to set things in right way. She decided that this time she would not shelter Rakesh. Suresh " Who was it?" " Rakesh's Dad I am going to let him meet." Suresh smiled. " Good decision. Let him be free then he will let you live your life too. You are stopping him so he is stopping you." Kanta didn't like his comment. " I need to go to market." " Now don't be angry. I am sorry but I want to marry you even my daughter want you in our house." Kanta " I need more time." " But you are taking too much time." " I need it." Suresh was not happy with this answer but he nodded like he always did.
     Rakesh was driving car peacefully when he suddenly noticed something was in rear view mirror. He was sure that he saw some face. He was so confused. Instructor " Now take reverse." " But sir someone is standing behind." Instructor looked behind. " No one is there." " No sir I saw a person." Instructor looked confused. They both came out. No one was behind. Rakesh " I thought I hit something." Instructor looked carefully. " Whoever standing there must have gone away? Now relax. We can continue tomorrow." Rakesh nodded. Rakesh went out of his car. He sensed one thing that he had seen some thing behind his car. He didn't feel it managed to escape. He kept checking again and again. He even went near tires to confirm there was not blood on it. He sensed one thing those tires were clean. He began to sense there was not even one mark of tire. He kept feeling upset. Then instructor came back towards him. Instructor " What happened?" " Nothing sir." " You are searching for injured person or some mark?" Rakesh started to feel embarrassed. He just kept quiet. Rakesh nodded. Instructor smiled. " This happens many time. People feel nervous about driving. You have not hurt any thing." He nodded and ran out of class. He began to feel so upset. He was planning to drive on road but he managed to confuse himself on start only. His instructor was not angry since it was his first day but he didn't like it. He just wished only if his Dad was with him. He was ready to give any thing for it. When he took auto and reached home, he saw Suresh's car outside. He just hated that man. He kept coming for his Mom. He knew that he wanted to marry her. He knew that one day Suresh was going to finally convince her Mom to marry him. It was getting so frustrating. He just wanted to throw that man out of his house. He kept talking with him in that artificial sweetness. He sensed fear from soul. He felt as if Suresh was trying to steal life from him. He felts so angry and sad. He just wanted his Dad back. But he had to face this man every day trying to become his Dad. But when he entered in house, this time Kanta came running towards him. Kanta " Your Dad called. He wanted to meet you. Do you want to talk with him?" He was so happy. He could include his Dad in his life and get rid of Suresh. It was so upset by this arrangement. " So do you want to talk with him?" " No I want to stay with him." Kanta was so shocked. " Are you out of your mind? You can't do this to me." " Why not? I want to stay with my Dad." " But I was the one who helped you while you grow up." " Sure but that doesn't make you owner. I am free man not your slave any more." Suresh " This is not right." " Get lost from here. You just want my Mom for your desires. You kept coming here for them." Suresh was so angry. He started to go out when Kanta screamed " Suresh is not going anywhere. This is my house and you are going out of it." " Really you are throwing me out for this man." " My god. You have thrown me out of your life already." Suresh " Just come with me Kanta. We don't need this house." Rakesh " Right it belonged to my Dad get lost." Kanta was so upset when he started to curse her. She slapped him then she packed up things and just went out of that house. Kanta never thought that she would act this way but on that time she acted that way. She decided that she wanted to be out of that house. She looked back at that house for last time and then she just went away. Rakesh saw her going out of house. He didn't feel sorrow about it. He just wanted his Dad back. Then he sensed that he didn't have his number. He started cursing himself. He didn't want to talk with Kanta. He was not sure that she would give him true number. Then he finally found it. He was so happy. He called his Dad. Dad kept talking with him. He was so happy. He told him all. But then Dad sounded confused. Dad " I can't come to you just like that. I have wife and two kids." Rakesh was shocked. He never thought that his Dad wanted just to chat with him. Rakesh " Dad it's fine. I will stay here. You can come when you got time." " Sure but now I am busy. Bye. See you after some days." Rakesh sensed that his Dad wanted to get rid of him. He was upset about it. But he didn't say anything. He just said " Bye." He started looking around in his empty house. He knew that he didn't want his Mom back so he decided to enjoy his freedom. He kept moving ahead on each day. He kept giving interviews. Finally he got nice job. But cooking was always problem for him. He just started spending days on bread butter or outside food. His Mom didn't call him. Finally one day Kanta called him to tell him that she was going to marry Suresh. He wished her happiness and disconnected call. So he lost both parents. He was confused but still he felt that it was better this way.
     After few days Rakesh went in driving school again. He was so confused this time. His Dad was not interested in seeing his face. Kanta came to visit him twice. But whole time she kept talking about her daughter. It was clear that those daughters managed to take his place. In fact he never gave her any place in life. She put all issue this way that he never wanted her. He wanted Dad but Dad didn't want him. She began to think that if she kept disturbing him. She would just ruin his life so they were better in separate way. She came to him everyday just to cook food for him. He couldn't cook and she knew it very well. But soon he sensed that she was not in hurry at all. One day Rakesh asked " Don't you feel you are getting late for job?" Kanta smiled. " I don't work now." " What?" " Suresh managed to expenses in house I don't need to earn." Rakesh was shocked. Until now he never saw his Mom sitting in house and just doing household work. His Mom always had to do job. He always thought that it was freedom for Mom. She kept showing him as if she liked it. Today for first time he was sensing she might be forced to do work due to financial need. Rakesh " Mom I thought you want to do job?" " Well. Actually I don't want to. But then your Dad's financial stability was not that strong." She saw anger in Rakesh's eyes. She immediately explained " It was beginning of his career. We have decided that I will quit job when he would earn enough. In two or three years but things don't turn out in right way. I started to sense that it is better if I kept working. Your Dad was nice man. He told me I can quit job but I know it will manage to hurt him so I kept doing. I never told him. I don't like them." " So Suresh is better on finance front." " Stop it Rakesh. No need to compare your Dad with Suresh. Whatever existed between me and your Dad was over long time before Suresh enter so don't mix them." Rakesh nodded. He sensed one thing that Suresh was better for her so on that second visit. He didn't question her let her discuss her daughters. But he finally told her that she didn't need to  come every day. " Mom you have your house now." " But I am your Mom." "  I know but I want to spend time with Dad now. I want you to have freedom too." He could see pain in her eyes but at same time he saw relief too. It was clear that her family was complaining. She nodded. " I will keep calling. But I am sending one cook and maid. You must keep them. I will pay for them." " Suresh not you." Kanta looked at him with anger. Kanta " I will pay from my account." Rakesh nodded. He didn't want to throw his Mom out of his life. This way she would always remain part of his life. Then he got better idea. " And why don't you tell that cook what to cook every day? Mom you want very well I don't understand much about cooking." Kanta smiled and nodded. From that day Kanta just began to call. But Rakesh sensed one thing that he was out of his Mom's life now. He took that decision himself since he didn't want to make Suresh part of it. Now he sensed another thing. Suresh might be helping her Mom in financial ways too. Many time she used to take loans from friends. He never asked her from whom. He decided that he didn't want to enter in that mess.He just kept acting nice on her calls. After some time he decided to go back for driving class again. He took vacation. He was lucky that instructor agreed. When he entered, he sensed tense. He was no longer confident about any thing. He sat in car. He started to drive when once  he sensed something was behind. He felt that he saw something. He was so shocked. He started screaming. It took him long time to control his fear. Instructor kept trying to clam him down. Finally when it was over, Instructor took him to some cafe. Instructor asked him " Have you thought about visiting a psychiatrist?" " Psychiatrist? I don't see people like that every day. I am not mad person." " I know but you see while driving. You can't drive unless you go to psychiatrist." Rakesh " Fine. I will not drive." " But you will not get your fees back." " Fine keep them with you. But I am not coming here again." He was so angry. He was not mad person. He saw that woman behind but that instructor was not believing him. Such thing never happened to him. He went out from driving class. That night he called Kanta. He told her every thing. She was shocked. Kanta " Such thing never happened to you. There must be something behind." " No Mom I confirmed." " It is something fishy. I suggest you not go in that driving class." " I am not going there. But it never happened to me before?" " Never." Rakesh took breathe of relief and then they started talking something else. Rakesh began to feel that Suresh created good effect on his Mom so he decided to visit them on Sunday.
      Rakesh was happy to go ahead with his life. Slowly he began to sense that his Dad was not that much interested in him. He sensed that he just wanted to get rid of him. Finally Rakesh asked " Why did you call on first place if you are interested in talking to me that much?" " This is not truth. Actually I don't have time. I want to spend some time with you but I don't have time for it. I need to earn." " Why? Your wife don't earn?" " Shut up. I never lived on your mother's money. Did she put this garbage in your head?" " Don't abuse her. She said nothing. I just managed to guess. Since I never remember you going to some steady job." " So? That was my lifestyle!!" " Yes. Doing out with girls and enjoying." " I went out with clients. You are saying things in wrong way. Who told you this nonsense? " " No one but I was old enough to guess  when you left us." " Then you guess it wrong. Don't call me ever again? I am blocking your number." After this Rakesh lost total contact with Dad. But then soon he began to sense his life was not simple. One day he sat in Taxi by mistake he watched in mirror. He saw that woman. She was screaming. He also managed to scream before he could control himself. He started panicking. He saw her wounded. She was bleeding. It was horrible. He started to taking deep breathes. Taxi Driver panicked. People came. They wanted to help him. But some suggested giving water could lead to heart attack. Finally a policeman came. Police man called Doctor. Doctor from near by clinic came out running. Doctor " His blood pressure is too high. I am calling ambulance. So inside ambulance he was surrounded by unknown people. When he went down in hospital, he saw first known face. It was Suresh. He took hold of his hand. Suresh kept telling him to relax. Slowly he began to relax. Then Doctor came. Doctor took him to room and injected. When Rakesh went to sleep Doctor turned to Suresh. Doctor " Did this happened to him for first time?" "Yes. He was healthy boy for all life. He never had any complaint except fever, stomach trouble etc.." Then suddenly Suresh stopped. He remembered Kanta's decision regarding his bad dream in driving class. " Actually his Mom was telling me. That he was telling her." " Don't hide tell it." Suresh told every thing step by step. Doctor " So my guess is right this must be panic attack." " But he never had such trouble before!! It all started after this driving class." " Will you give me number of instructor?" " Well I can give number of driving class my wife had it. Just a moment." Suresh called Kanta who was stuck in traffic. She sent it and Doctor called instructor. He talked with him for long time. Then he came back in anger. " You let your son drive car when he was kid?" Suresh was confused. Suresh"Doctor I need to call my wife again. I am his step father." Doctor controlled himself. Suresh"Actually my wife divorced him for his this attitude only. He didn't understand responsibilities at all. He just kept doing wrong things. He was creating wrong influence on Rakesh. I don't properly even my wife don't know but there was some accident in which Rakesh was involved. He was too small so he didn't understand much. But his father landed in jail for killing that lady." " What? I think you must show your psychiatrist!!" " Why?" " I think things are not as simple as you feel. He might be seeing that woman." Suresh was so scared when Kanta suddenly came from behind. He told her to sit down and started telling her every thing step by step. Kanta was so shocked. When Rakesh woke up, he was crying. Slowly Kanta and Suresh convinced him to visit psychiatrist. Rakesh " But why did God want to punish me like that? May be because I insult you Mom?" " Stop this nonsense." Then suddenly Doctor came with another Doctor. " Hello I am psychiatrist. Let me understand your case." Rakesh told him every thing. Psychiatrist " Are you sure that you were on driving seat when you saw that woman?" He nodded. Kanta started crying. Rakesh was so confused. Then Psychiatrist told him all step by step. Rakesh " So you are saying I killed that woman and Dad took it on him?" "No. Your Dad did it since you were too small you can't see who was behind. He was the one who suppose to see and he was the one who suppose to tell. First of all you are suppose to be one who sit on driving seat." Then Rakesh started crying. Psychiatrist told nurse to give medicine to him for relaxation. Then he told Kanta that he was supposing post traumatic symptoms. They are instigated when he sat on driving seat. Since he brought back his childhood memories and guilt." Suresh " Will he become okay?" " Sure. Just need some time. For few days he might feel scared of mirrors." " But this is going to be hard." " I know but life is not always easy but when we get over fear you will get prize. When Rakesh get over this, he would no longer see his Dad as some one great and you will get your son back." Kanta and Suresh smiled happily. It was hard but they needed their son back so they decided to take hard way to get him. Kanta " Doctor we are ready for it. Just want him normal." " He will become normal after this." Then Kanta went back to Rakesh and Suresh started discussing treatment with Psychiatrist.
                                                                             The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6956. Chapter bring sweet

                        Chapter bring sweet Chapter bring sweet touch to mind that form new brightness to path which create new light to min...