Saturday, August 12, 2017

Adventure story 305. Painter's heart

                                                                      Painter's heart
Yogesh was feeling so happy when that air started touching him while driving his car. Weather was so hot. He wanted to feel cold touch. He didn't want to waste money on AC. His family was well to do. But he never managed to earn money so he was always considered like useless thing in family. He tried so hard to earn. But since he was not famous, no one appreciated his art. His painting didn't sold much. Then he started to increase his skill. He began to manage even painting on wall. He managed to earn money with it. But it was hard work. In some days he had lot of work and he needed to reject some jobs on other days he just had to keep wandering for jobs. But he never sat in home. He hated it. He didn't want to increase his burden so he never got married. Few proposals came to him but nothing big was achieved. Since every girl had expectation of earning from her husband and he didn't blame them for it. After all they were going to give birth to his child and they needed to take care of baby for few years. Baby needed his mother at least for few months but even after those months he didn't afford money of good craze to keep kids inside it. Those girls wanted security from their husband and he couldn't gave it so it never managed to give any hope of love in his life. He just kept smiling and searching for jobs while listening to taunts of his parents. They both kept telling him to do this and that. But he sadly knew that nothing was going to help. He felt that he took totally wrong side in career. But he loved painting so much that he never wanted to change. He was still not ready to change it in life. He loved painting. But today he didn't got any job yet. He was so upset. He knew that now his whole time he had to keep wandering around. Now a days his life at home became miserable. His elder brother married to a nice girl. She was nice lady but his parents were not that much understanding so results were not that much good. His parents kept irritating his sister-in-law. Finally they decided to live in separate house. Yogesh was happy to hear that decision. His parents were happy since they hoped that Yogesh might marry one day and their house was too small. Just one bedroom kitchen. It was also discomfort for his sister-in-law. She didn't get privacy at all. So when she became pregnant, she started insisting on separate house. His brother took loan and started leaving separately. Every thing was moving the way he wanted. But then suddenly his sister-in-law gave birth to a little boy. After that life changed. His parents started taking care of that kid and his sister-in-law began to go for job. His parents were willing to do that. But after that his house no longer remained his. That baby started crying and throwing tantrums and his parents started ordering him to do every thing to please baby. It was not right. He needed his life. But then even that baby deserved his life. Actually their house was too small. He loved his nephew but his screams managed to irritate him when he wanted to pay in his colors but he could let him do that. He needed to paint at home but his painting was useless for his parents so they didn't care. His nephew kept irritating him so he decided that he needed some place where he could paint. His wall painting was doing this for him. He was so happy while painting walls. Those walls managed to become canvas for him. He wanted to practice and his work was giving him chance to do it. Then suddenly his mobile rang. He decided that he must take it. He went in corner. It was call of his best friend Abhay. " Abhay what happened my friend?" " Actually my Auntie wanted a teacher who could teach painting to her daughter. Are you ready?" " Sure you know I love teaching too. I want to find some nice job. What is age of girl and what is salary?" " Well she might be few years younger than us." " What she is young girl?" " We are not that young now." " We are not that old too. Come on. This is totally strange. Why she selected a boy like me?" " Since her daughter is strange and no one is ready to teach her. Just go and see by yourself." " What is salary?" " Well 50,000 Rs." " What? Such large amount!! You must be kidding." " No I am not. Are you ready to try?" " Try? I am taking that job." " You don't know her. She is not easy to handle." " But I will handle it. I will take that job. Give me address." Then he wrote down entire address. He was so happy. Finally he had a mission in life.
     Yogesh started searching for that address. It was hard to find it since It was big bungalow in far away corner. He was shocked to see it. Since it had such wonderful sea view and surrounding by big building. He didn't expected a bungalow to survive there. Normally hotel managed to buy such lands for commercial purpose but this bungalow seemed to survive this commercial race. It was standing there proudly. He felt that owner must be some one who had special affection for that bungalow otherwise no one could reject offers of those builders. When he went near it, he felt so scared to go inside. He just kept standing outside. Then he just started wandering nearby. Finally he asked watchman " Is it Rose house?" " Yes it is. You can see name plate." He pointed towards it. " But outsiders are not allowed here. It is written just under that plate on next plate." Yogesh felt more scared. But then suddenly Abhay called him again. He went to corner and took his call. " So you went there?" " I found house but I can't go inside. Watchman is stopping me. He must be thinking that I am thief. " " Give mobile to him. I will talk with him." Yogesh did as told. Watchman looked angry at beginning. But when he talked suddenly his attitude changed. " Sorry sir please come inside. I have to act strict. This world is full of thieves and both ladies stay alone with such big house." " So no man is there in house." Watchman nodded. " Just you are permitted since Abhay sir took your guarantee." " Don't worry. I am gentle man. I will never cause any harm." " I know you are teacher." Then watchman started to tell him way to go inside. He couldn't come with him since he couldn't leave gate so Yogesh started going alone inside. He didn't like to that route since he kept hearing braking of dogs. He looked around. He sensed that dog must be tied somewhere. He knew that it was not going to come toward but still he felt scared. That he literally started running towards home when he heard sound of laughing. He looked around. It was a young girl in dirty clothes. He smiled towards her. Yogesh " Do you know where is that dog?" " I don't know but I can tell you that he will not bite you." Then she started laughing again. She was cute girl. He decided that he might ask her about his student. " Do you know the girl who stay in this house?" " Yes. I am the girl and I watch my face every day in mirror." She started laughing again. But when she sensed that he was serious, she looked around. " I know her but she is little bit strange. But I can't tell you every thing since I want this job. Just don't go inside that girl might hit you with something if she started seeing that bat." " A bat?" Then suddenly he heard scream of a woman. " Riku are you chatting with some one again? How many times I need to tell you that do your job don't chat?" Yogesh looked up in gallery. There was an elderly woman standing there. Riku " Sorry madam." " If I saw you chatting again then I will cut your salary." Yogesh " Sorry Madam actually I was asking about way to enter in house." " Who are you?" " I have came to teach painting." Then that Woman gave smile. " Ohh drawing teacher please come in." Then Riku ran away. But she gave angry look towards her Madam and said " Her daughter is mad witch. Stay away from her." Then she went away. Yogesh was clearly scared. Then he slowly rang door bell. That woman opened door. " Please come in. I am owner of this house. My name is Kranti." " Hello Madam." Then he went inside. Kranti showed him sofa. He sat there nervously. He knew all things were too costly. He sensed one thing that they were rich people. He might seem useless to them. But he was tense about his student. " Well where is my student?" " Nice so you like to start immediately. I like people who like to go directly to point. I will call my daughter." She started calling Janvi. Janvi came in room and gave sweet smile. She was beautiful girl with nice nature. Yogesh didn't understand why did Riku was abusing her like that. Yogesh stood up and bowed " Hello Madam." Janvi " No..no you must not call me Madam. I will call you sir and you can take my name." Kranti looked at her with anger. Yogesh sensed that Kranti didn't like to hear a normal teacher calling her daughter with name. Yogesh " Madam will be better." " As you will. Let's go in my room." Yogesh nodded. But Kranti stopped him. " You must take some snacks." " No Madam I must start teaching first." Janvi started laughing. " You are calling Mom Madam and you are going to call me Madam so how can we understand whom you are calling?" She said it in such way that he couldn't control his laugh. But he sensed one thing Kranti didn't like it. He just decided that he must understood his limit and he said " Sorry." Then Kranti nodded. Janvi " Let's go to room." Once again Yogesh nodded. He sensed one thing about this job. He needed to keep his head down. But he sensed that he could do this.
    Yogesh started to climbing on stairs. He could easily sense that Kranti was following him. Then Janvi screamed " Enough Mom. I want some privacy now. He is not going to rape me." Kranti looked embarrassed. Kranti " Stopped joking. This is not funny. Look at face of your sir." Yogesh gave shy smile. He knew that it was wrong but still he was glad that he knew that Kranti was feeling same evil sort of feeling about him and he just hated it. He knew that her fear was not totally false. But he was good man. He went inside room and Kranti had to leave them alone. Then Yogesh went inside room. He looked around. He expected in to see some canvas but that room was luxurious bedroom. Yogesh started confused. " Where is your work for painting?" Janvi looked confused. Janvi " Actually I wanted to them to be safe. Well they are not that much great..but if you teach me then I will draw better trust me." " Well just show me your paintings first." She started to hesitate. " Now this is not fair how can I teach you if you don't trust me?" " Well you can start from beginning. No need to dig past." " Past? what are you talking about? I am just watching your old painting." " But it is not needed." " No it is required." "Well I told Mom to burn them all." " What? But why? They were so wrong." " I need to see them and judge. Let me ask your Mom." " No..no please don't ask Mom. You know her. She would create issue." " I can understand that. But still I need to see those paintings." " Sorry but I can't show you." Then Yogesh stood up. " Sorry then I can't teach you." " But I have burned them." " Then you can do one drawing for me now." She looked confused. " But I thought that I will draw after you teach me." " But I want to see your talent before my teaching otherwise how can I show your Mom that I really deserve my salary." " She knew my paintings." But when Yogesh just stood up at one side, she started to searching for stand which was hidden just under bed. Then slowly she started taking out canvas. He hoped that it would be painted but those canvas were empty so she truly burned her drawing. Then she sat before him and started drawing. He started looking at picture. It was nice picture of girl. But then suddenly he sensed that girl was scared. Then soon a bat appeared. It was flying just above her head. It seemed as if it was ready to attack her. He was so shocked by it's effect. She did wonderful drawing. But she was drawing something perfect for horror movie. " This is something nice for horror look. I like it. This is nice drawing." Suddenly Janvi started screaming. " No..no it is totally wrong. This is that bat which would keep coming from that window." She pointed bedroom window which was totally locked. He was so confused. Yogesh " Bat come inside bedroom. I never saw bat entering so near house. They normally stay away." " No. This one is not normal. It entered in my room many times. I tried to hit it with something. I tried to kill it but can't" " Then you should call pest control." Janvi looked shocked. " I know normal pest control can't do it. You might call animal control." " No..no I just see it." " What?" " Well. You don't have bats. I was joking." But he could see fear in her eyes. " Let's began drawing." " Sure. " Then he started teaching her. When she started to come to that bat, he started to guide her to other things. She soon painted a drawing without bat. When finally it was over, Yogesh said " It is easy. Just remember one thing you don't need to draw every thing. Like we saw many dirty things on streets but we draw clean streets." She smiled. " I got the point. You are saying when you draw you just draw drawing room hall of perfect house or hut which look rather clean. Just in few pictures we draw true sorrows of life not in all." " Now you got my point. You need to draw sorrows but not in all picture. Now try by yourself." But as soon as his guidance stopped she started to return to that bat again. She was so upset but he smiled. Yogesh " You can't learn drawing in one day. Let me earn some salary too." She smiled. Then Kranti entered with snacks. She smiled but then she looked at canvas with bats. She looked upset and angry. " You draw bats again." Janvi " No..no Mom." She took out other picture which was complete. " I draw this too." Kranti smiled happily. Kranti " Great then I will take away this one. No need to complete her." Yogesh " No Madam let her complete that too. She could paint two painting one with joy another with fear." Kranti took it away and said " She had lots of painting with fear. Come to store room. I will show you." " But I burned them." " I am not talking about those. Any way you can leave now after snacks. Thanks for teaching my daughter. I like this. Will you come every day on this time." "Sure." " Then your salary is fixed. Now you can eat snacks and relax." Then Kranti went out of room with that picture whichh had bat. Janvi " Mom hated my picture with bats." Yogesh suddenly began to doubt who burned those painting. " Did you burn painting or your Mom did?" Janvi started looking away. He was so shocked. Kranti was acting with her in cruel way. He felt so sad. Janvi deserved to keep every painting. Then after eating he said bye to her and started going back. Then suddenly Riku appeared. Riku " Did you meet her?" " Whom?" " That girl who see bats." " Janvi? Yes. She is nice girl." " Don't let outside looks confuse you. She is not so nice. She managed to hurt last servant so much that he was in hospital for sometimes. He was lucky that she didn't kill him." Yogesh was so angry. " Stop lying. She seemed like nice lady." " So that witch managed to chant you too. Same thing happened with all men. She managed to chant them and they destroy their life. All the best. Remember one thing that she is witch and she could attack you any time." Then Riku gave him bottle of salt. " Keep this. When you throw this, she would become calm." " Stop talking nonsense. Do you believe in witch?" Riku looked frustrated. Riku" Fine that mad woman calm down." Then Kranti started to calling her again and she went back to work. He was so upset. That Riku kept poisoning his mind against Janvi. He felt that she must be jealous of her wealth and beauty since he didn't see any other cause for it. He saw Janvi and she was nice girl. She was just a caged princess.
      When Yogesh came home, his nephew was dancing in house. But today he was so happy due to his job that he began to play with him. Suddenly every thing started to look hopeful. For first time he sensed that his problem was not place. It was lack of salary. He was glad to have it now. He started enjoying every thing. Then his Mom came out. Mom " So what did you do today?" " I found one nice job with fixed salary." " Great. How much?" He told amount. His Mom ran inside to tell it to Dad then she went in corner where she kept gods. She started praying and thanking. Then she told his Dad to buy sweets. His Dad immediately ran to market. But before going in market he patted proudly on back. He felt so happy about it. He sensed that his parents didn't hate him. They just wanted to see him earning something. His Mom " So you can now get home loan too?" Yogesh was so shocked. " Mom I can't get loan on this job." "But your salary is good." " But I don't have job security. What if they throw me out of job? What if that girl got married?" " I don't understand." " Let me tell you about job." Then he told her about job. His Mom smiled. " What do you feel about that girl? I mean don't get involved with her since you can't marry such rich girl." Yogesh was so upset. He was not after Janvi. She was nice and beautiful girl. But he was just doing his job. He was not going to marry her since he knew that she was too much better than him. " I know Mom she is something above me. I will not run after her." " I know you are wise boy but still.." " Come on I am not boy any more. I know what are rules of life. I know where I can expect yes and where I can expect no. I can sense it." Then he went away. He felt so hurt that his Mom kept thinking much things. He knew that he did't manage to get such a nice girl. But he didn't need to be told those things. He can move ahead properly without hurting his spirit. Until now he never fall in love with any girl without thinking. In fact he didn't fall in love with any girl at all. But he knew that falling in love was not good news since he had many friends who had fallen in love with rich girl and kept nursing their broken heart. He was not of that type. He just kept thinking about different times when he liked the girl. He had liked girl but never fallen in love. He was pretty sure that even now it was not going to happen. He just hated the way his Mom was treating him. He knew that it would not fall for her. He went to room and started reading about different painting which he was planning to teach on next day. Next day when he went to teach painting. Once again he met Riku. But he didn't talk with her. He just went ahead. He didn't like the way she was talking about Janvi. But Riku screamed from behind " So you have fallen in love with her. It might look great for few days but then slowly you started to sense that.." He just ran towards door. He rang bell. Janvi opened it for him. She was happy and normal. Then they went in room and started painting. He kept teaching her. It was wonderful hours for him. He didn't sense anything wrong in her. He began to believe that Riku was just lying. But he sensed one thing that he was not falling in love with her. Since he was careful about it too, he didn't want to break heart. Then suddenly one day while he was teaching, Janvi stood up and started screaming " Bat..Bat it is coming towards us. We have to stop it." He started looking around room but he couldn't see any thing. Then she started to get excited about it. She started to throw things towards walls. He was so scared now. Since soon she started throwing things towards him too, she wanted to kill bat and she was frustrated about it. She didn't care where she was throwing things. Then suddenly Kranti started banging on door. Kranti " Why did you close door?" They had not closed it. Actually Janvi moved a small cupboard before it while trying to kill that imaginary bat. Yogesh screamed " It is not closed Madam. Just cupboard is pushed before it." Janvi " Mom don't come here that bat will kill you." " Nothing will kill. Just push that cupboard away." " No..Mom I have to kill it." Then Yogesh slowly came out. He went near Janvi and took hold of her hands. But she pushed him with such speed and that he fall on floor. Kranti stared screaming more loudly. Janvi was more nervous now. Janvi " Sorry are you hurt?" Yogesh " I am fine. Just push that cupboard and let's sneak out of room." " But bat will follow." " Let me go out then I will pull you and close door." Janvi nodded. Then she kept fighting with that imaginary bat while he moved cupboard and ran out. Then Kranti tried to come inside but Janvi closed door. Janvi " Don't enter that bat will kill you." " She need to take her medicine. Janvi please understand it is not there." " It is there Mom." Yogesh " Janvi listen to me. Just sneak out and we will close door. " Then Janvi slowly opened crack. She pushed herself out of it and Yogesh locked that door. She started crying. Kranti " I am calling your Doctor." " Mom I am fine." " You are not." Yogesh was so confused. But Kranti screamed " You may leave." He nodded and he ran away. He was so scared. He felt that he didn't want to come there again. He didn't want to see face of Riku so he went away as fast as possible. He sensed one thing that he was no longer going to work. He sat on his bike and went away. As soon as he entered in house, his nephew came running towards him. But he felt frustrated today. He tried to push him away and nephew sensed something was wrong. Nephew " What happened Uncle?" " Nothing. My friend is not well." He had to give excuse. After that his nephew kept digging about it. Soon he sensed that it was useless to avoid him. Kids were not like adults they just never felt you alone. Privacy was one word which they didn't understand but not because they wanted to hurt you but since they wanted to heal you. He smiled and started telling that small kid his problem in best way.
   After sometime Yogesh's nephew felt sleep and went to sleep in room. He started to think about his every step. He began to feel upset. He felt cheated but then he didn't sense why. He knew that Janvi had mental problem. He decided that it would be better if he kept pretending that he was sleepy. But he knew that he couldn't pretend it whole time so he decided that he must spend his day outside. He told his Mom that he was going out. When he sat on bike, suddenly he began to feel tense. He began to feel need from heart to check if Janvi was alright. He knew that it was not right thing to do. But then he felt that it was not a crime. He decided that he might just go and ask. He was arguing with himself when he suddenly realized that he was standing outside Janvi's house. He decided that he could not ignore his desire to inquire. He went to door. When he started entering suddenly Riku appeared " So she scared you. But still you returned for her." " I have come just to ask about her health." " Really? Stop lying to me. I can clearly see it in your eyes. You are in love with her." "Stop this nonsense." He screamed so loudly. That it managed to echoed everywhere. He was shocked when he heard Janvi calling him upstairs. Janvi " Don't waste your time on that mad girl." Riku started laughing. Riku " Look who is calling me mad. A woman who sees bats every day." Janvi started to looking sad. Yogesh " When there might be some bats around, you can't say surely that she is imagining." Riku looked shocked. Riku " You are more mad than her. I can't tolerate more madness. I am leaving." When suddenly Kranti screamed " Get lost from house and this salary." She pushed money in Riku's hand. Riku took it and started going out but before going she screamed loudly on Yogesh " You are marrying her just for money. Why else you feel I am less?" Yogesh was so shocked. Yogesh " Stop this. I never plan any thing like that." But then he looked at Janvi. She was rubbing her tears. Kranti " I think she like you. But I can understand if you don't want to fall in this mess. But then I insist you must not come here again." Yogesh was so confused. He just thought that he must not take decision now. He was not in love with Janvi. He was just sympathizing so he went away. When he reached home, he started to feel confusing again. He kept remembering her. He kept thinking about her words. Then finally his Mom asked " What happened? Just tell every thing." Then he decided that he needed advice from elder now. He told every thing to his Mom step by step. His Mom " She is rich but mentally sick girl so one thing is good and other thing is bad. But what you want? Do you like her?" Yogesh " I don't think so Mom. I don't love her. But still I can't take her out of my mind due to sympathy." His Mom started laughing. Yogesh " Mom why are you laughing?" " Do you remember Yogesh that girl whom you planned to marry but then you found out that she had trouble in talking and you said no. You don't sympathized with her did you?" Yogesh " Mom that was different case. I don't know her so well." " So you know Janvi well enough to speak about her every time. Don't you remember I warned you about her?" He nodded. " Since I sense something was happening in your heart. I was feeling scared that she might broke your heart. But it seem you break it by yourself. I am not forcing any thing to you. It will be your choice. But you are in love with her. Now people might call it for money but then tell me. Are you willing to marry every rich girl?" " No Mom. Don't you remember that flirt rich girl. I said no to her." " That's it so you love her. Now it's up to you what you want to do. Since this journey was not going to be easy for you." " But with her I feel it might be nice. " " But you can't bring her in this house. I mean you know people of this society. They will not accept her." " But Mom will you accept her?" " I am your Mom. I will accept what you like. I want you to settle down and this girl seemed to manage to touch your heart so it will be okay." Yogesh " Thanks Mom." He decided that he would go back to her. Then he went there on bike but he was shocked when he saw that house was empty. He called Kranti. Kranti " Sorry but Janvi took it in her head that you want to marry her for money." " But that is lie." " But she will not want to get involved with you any more. Any way psychiatrist advised us not to let her get married with any one. She is not sound enough to took responsibility of commitment. It is not joke. She can't manage to take care of kids in this schizophrenic condition. Trust me it's for your best. And I forgot to  tell you. I have kept as appointment letter in letter box. Take it and do that job. I have recommended you. You done great thing for Janvi. She is now painting nature. Thanks Yogesh." " So she never painted it before." " No before you she just use to paint bats. You might want to see her drawing. I kept them in other corner. Just take look and then you sense it all. Bye." Yogesh said " Bye." while controlling tears. He went to corner and took out those painting. He started shivering when he saw that art. They were horrible. He could never imagine Janvi painting something cruel. In those painting she was turning in bat herself and started hurting animals. He stared shivering when he saw last picture in which she managed to kill him too. She was eating him. He started feel so scared. He decided that Janvi was right turning was best option. He didn't understand what she meant by those painting but he sensed one thing that she didn't want him to become part of her life. She kept them to warn him. But he was not so easy to warn. He looked around and went to neighbor who willing to  told him everything about her mad neighbor and most importantly her psychiatrist's number. He smiled. He knew that this only way in which he could go back to her. He wanted her and he was not going to give up just because she was scared. He called her psychiatrist who was happy to get call from him. It seemed that he was not trouble but solution of Janvi's life but it was not going to be easy. But he was not marrying her for money as Riku said so he could managed it all.
                                                                              The End
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6956. Chapter bring sweet

                        Chapter bring sweet Chapter bring sweet touch to mind that form new brightness to path which create new light to min...