Saturday, October 14, 2017

Adventure story 314. The blame

                                                                          The blame
Rita started getting ready for office. She knew that it was wrong but she had managed to dress in perfect way. She started to look in mirror. She knew that it was not right. Her Boss's wife was dead few days ago. But she was sick for such long time. Still her Boss Punit never did affair behind her back. He always remain honest to her. Until he did meet Rita, but even after meeting her. He did not acted dishonest with wife. He talked with her in special way. They might had changed few greeting cards and exchanged few gifts. But nothing big had happened. Still she knew that they were in love even before death of his wife. She knew that it was wrong. But still it was true. There was also another truth that they never did anything wrong. They always remained in limits. It was getting so complicated step by step. Now Punit's wife was dead. Rita wanted to marry him. She wanted to start her life in good way. She wanted to move ahead on every step. But then it didn't look right. He had one daughter and son. She was ready to accept all but she was not sure that his kids would think same way about issue. She felt so sure that they might think that she was having affair with their Dad even when their Mom was alive. It was hard to tell if they had affair on that time. Since they used to meet each other and used to go movies or outings but they never had actual physical relationship. But in eyes of world many considered it as affair. She knew that Punit's kid might have heard about her from other staff and which would be in bad way. She wanted to make every thing right but it was hard. She knew that kids might had created opinion about her already. She was so upset. She looked at herself in mirror. She was looking nice. She knew that she had to move ahead now. She had to talk about their relationship. But she managed to get ready and she went in office. As soon as she entered in office, all staff started looking at her. She was so nervous. She felt that they were discussing about her. It was not good news for her. She knew that this way every thing was going to look bad. Then she slowly started to going in Punit's cabin when his secretary stopped her. " Rita Madam Sir is busy now. You can't go inside." Rita was shocked. She was never treated this way before. She felt so hurt. But then she told herself that she was not special. Punit might had exchanged few cards with her. But he never promised her anything big like marriage. She needed to understand that he might not commit her. She went back to her desk when her friend came to her. Her friend Urmila " Do you know Boss is planning to create new firm?" " New firm?" " Yes. This firm will be handled to his nephew." This was shocking to her. " Really!!" " Yes. This firm is going to be a practice field for nephew." another colleague Satish screamed. Urmila " Say in low voice. Boss might hear you." " But what if this nephew destroy our firm and our future. This firm might belong to Boss but we all worked for it. We all spend our whole time for trying hard to get things right. We all helped this firm to develop. He can't just throw it in kid's hand since he was upset due to death of his wife." Urmila"Stop this. Always keep this in mind that we are just employee. " " Yes I know. That's why I am standing here and discussing this instead of going in cabin and arguing with Punit." Rita was so shocked when he called Boss by name. He had strange sort of anger in voice. It was not good news. Then he suddenly turned to her. " You are good friend of Boss. Don't he discuss this with you?" Rita felt so upset " I am not that good friend. We just talk with each other when we are in trouble." " So it didn't trouble him such when he decided to give firm to his nephew as practice front?" Rita " He didn't talk with me. You can't blame it all on me." " Right. He must have fooled you too." Urmila"Will you stop this? You can't harass her like that." " I am not harassing her. I am just exposing Punit." Rita screamed " Stop it. He never promised me anything and we were not in relation. Don't you understand just pure friendship." Rita knew in heart that she was lying. It was not pure friendship but she was not his mistress so she didn't let any one treat her like that. " He never gave me many sort of hope which you managed with your imagination. Just keep this thought out of your mind." " If you have some problem with Boss then handle it in your way don't try to put burden on me." After saying this she ran to rest room. She wanted to be alone. She knew that she kept wrong hopes from Punit Sir. He was just her Boss and nothing else. She had to accept it but due to other staff from office she kept different hopes. She knew one thing now. She had to convince her mind that she didn't have any feeling for Punit except professional one. She kept crying then once again looking at her face. It took her long time to put back her mask. When she went out all staff was discussing things against Punit, she just went to her table and started working. She knew one thing that she trusted Punit and his every decision. He would not harm them.
     Rita kept working. All staff of firm was convinced against Punit. They didn't want to hear other side. She knew that it was wrong but she couldn't convince them. Then after some time Punit's secretary told her that she was told to come inside. She nodded and went inside with file. She could feel Satish's angry looks on her back. But she was also angry with him. It was Punit's firm. If he wanted to sell it then she must not stop him. In fact she felt that Satish also needed to understand it. When firm suffered losses, they took salaries then how could they say that they were like owner. It was not right to just demand for profit and ignore losses. It was strange that other feel that way. They never showed willingness to share troubles during worst times. Every time Punit suffered alone. She knew that firm even had hard times when they didn't have enough money. At that time no one was there for Punit. When she entered in cabin, she was confidant about Punit. But then she saw his face. She saw that something was not right in him. He didn't look normal. He looked like some haunted person. She was so confused. Rita " What happened?" He looked around and said " Nothing." " I just felt that you look disturbed." " Did you forgot my wife died few days ago? Still you want me to be happy and dancing on your tunes!" Rita was so shocked. Until now every one was taunting her, she ignored them but now even Punit was insulting her. Rita " I came here since you called me. I am not forcing you to dance on my tunes. You are Boss so you are giving orders. Don't blame me if you don't like my way of work since I do just as per your instructions. Do you want some thing? I may be I should just leave." Punit slowly started to look little calm. Punit " Yes of course. From tomorrow my nephew is going to run firm. I want you to cooperate him." " I always cooperated my Boss." Punit gave strange negative smile and said " Don't cooperate the way you cooperate me." This was too much. Rita just went out of cabin. She never expected such behavior from Punit. This was too much. When she came out every one was looking at her. She tried hard to hide all. Urmila came near her. Satish was also standing behind her. Urmila " So what did Boss said?" " He told me cooperate new Boss." Urmila waited with hope that she would say some thing more. Urmila with shock " That's all." Rita " Come on. He is my Boss how can I question him? I want my salary on end of month. I don't want to lose this job. I need it to keep my family happy. I want this money for maintenance of flat and for my other comforts. I don't care who is my Boss. I need to cooperate." Satish " But what if that Boss managed to destroy firm?" " It will not happen. We will help this young man to survive in business world." " Really so once again we are going to work for his Uncle like slave. If you want to do that then do it but I am not going to do this. I am going to quit this job." Every one was shocked when Satish declared this. Rita " So you planned all." " Of course. I have my family which have kids to feed." He said it pointedly to Rita. Rita " I know I don't have responsibilities like you. I am glad you got new job. All the best." Satish looked hurt. Satish " Don't you feel hurt by his attitude?" " I don't care. I just want my salary that's all. We need to remember our position in life. I am at start step of ladder and he is on top step of ladder." " But he was your best friend and we thought a lot more." Rita gave bitter smile. " It is your thought and it was wrong. We were just friends. When his wife was sick, I gave him company that's all. Now his wife was dead. He didn't need me. I need to understand it." " So you never have any special relationship with each other. " " Well it depends on how you take it." Satish started laughing. Satish " Did he made extra payment for your consultation?" Rita was so angry. " Don't you hear me? I never had any relation with Punit Sir?" She screamed it so loudly that every one heard it. Then she just stood up. She went to secretary and told her that she was not feeling well. She didn't took much time to explain. Secretary must had heard argument. She didn't question her. She went away without looking back. She sensed some people might be calling her but she didn't want to talk now so she ran out. She felt so lucky when she found taxi. She sat inside it and told address to Taxi driver. She was crying slowly now. Taxi Driver had noticed it. But he didn't ask. She was so happy that he didn't she didn't want to explain.
   When Rita reached home, she pretended that she was normal. She didn't want her parents to get stressed. But still her Mom asked her " So what did Punit said?" Her mask suddenly destroyed. She screamed in anger " Call Punit Sir. He is not my friend. He is my Boss." Her Mom looked shocked and embarrassed. Her Dad came out of bedroom. " What happened? Why are you screaming like that?" " So now I can't talk even loudly in my home?" Her words were hurting her parents but still her Dad said " You can. But if you want to know whole neighborhood about Punit. Any way they all know it already. He was dropping you home every day." " He was doing it just because we were working late." Dad looked angry now. " Ohh really. But I have many times see you sharing jokes with him or planning to go to movie. Do you did that with every colleague?" She was so shocked. She never thought about things that way. Every one was pointing at her. Mom " Now stop it. If he was not interested in continuing relationship, you can ignore him. What about finding another job?" " Mom I don't need that. My Boss is changing any way. Punit is giving responsibility of firm to nephew." Her Dad looked happy. " Great. If he didn't want to marry you, I don't want him near you." Her Mom nodded too. She went in room. She started crying. She wanted every thing to be normal. But no one was acting normal. They all wanted her to marry Punit. But she never kept that sort of relation with him. Still it kept hurting her. She was so upset. She didn't want anyone to think this way about it. Her Mom slowly entered in room. She started to pat on her head. It was one way to relax her. She turned to her Mom. " Mom did I acted in wrong way? Why did people kept telling me that I must marry Punit? If he don't want to marry me, I don't want to force myself on him." Mom " I can understand. You have done nothing wrong. It was not your mistake." " Then whose mistake it is? Just tell me Mom. Why did this happening to me?" " It was Punit's mistake." Rita suddenly pushed away her hand. Rita " What was his mistake? He took me to movie few times. We have done nothing else. Is it crime to even watch movie?" Her Mom gave sad look. One thing was written on her face that Mom didn't believe Rita. Rita screamed " I am not lying." " I know. I know you don't want his name to be mentioned. Let's do something else." Rita suddenly got an idea. Rita " Why don't we go to movie Mom?" Mom smiled. " This is nice idea. I will found some nice movie. We can buy tickets in current and go to movie." Rita nodded. She knew that her friend went to movie with her Mom every day. She felt that it would be perfect. She could wander along her Mom just like her friend. She smiled at that thought. Then she sensed that her Dad might join them too. She didn't want it to happen that way. But she was too late. Her Mom already called her Dad. They were planning for outing. Her Dad was nice fellow but he was also heart patient. She didn't want to increase his tension by telling every problem. But she knew that he needed to relax too. She decided that this outing would surely help. She smiled and started to get ready. She knew that today she was not getting ready for Punit but she was still happy about it. Since finally it was over, she didn't need to feel guilty about any thing. Punit's wife died and he was going to spend his entire life in her sorrows a perfect picture. She smiled at this thought. It was not perfect but still she managed to accept this picture. She got ready in best way. She was happy once again from her soul. She didn't feel guilty now. She felt as if burden was removed. She was flying in sky of peace. She smiled and went out. Her parents were already ready. They went happily for nice movie which they all liked. It was perfect family outing for them. They didn't do this for long time. They deserved it. This was happy moment of their life. Rita was so happy. She decided that she loved her parents. She didn't need any one. She was happy with them. She suddenly began to feel relax. She began to think that she might need to search for other job options like Satish. She knew that it was going to be hard to work there now. Her past would keep coming again and again. She didn't want it to enter in life.
    Next day when Rita entered in office. She was prepared to resign but she was shocked when secretary told her that she was called in office with Satish. When they entered a young man looked at them with full attention. She sensed one thing that this young man was smart. " Hello I am Yogesh. I am your new Boss. I know Mr. Satish you don't trust me. But then don't you feel you are acting in wrong way. When you come in this firm, you were also new but my Uncle trusted you." " No I have experience. And that shows you know nothing." Yogesh smiled. " You are right. May be I should have to employ people like me with less salary? I was trying to talk with you just because I don't want them to say that I fired senior since they charge large salary. We can get new people with less salary." " But they will not as good as me." " Yes but they also ask for less money. So finally it will be fine. Less business but less salary. But I just want you to tell clearly to all staff you are leaving job I have not fired. You can always search job with better salary. I will find person with low salary and limited IQ like me. So let's say bye." Suddenly Satish seemed confused. If he had other job opportunity it was clear that he didn't have enough salary. He didn't like idea of forgetting his job. Satish " I don't think I don't want to quit job so soon." Yogesh gave smile specially saved for victory of Boss. " Then I don't want you to abuse other woman in this office." Satish looked ashamed. " Miss Rita and my Uncle were close friend. Is it crime?" Yogesh now started talking with anger. " My Auntie was dying day by day. It was not easy for him. Rita helped him to stay alive. You were taunting her? What was her crime? She never crossed any line. She never tried to replace Auntie. Do you feel it was her crime?" Satish looked embarrassed. He apologized to Rita. Yogesh " I want everything to be perfect but even if it don't you can leave job and find new one. You are not going to suffer losses your Boss does. No one blame you. New Boss will get blame not you." Satish nodded. Rita just kept quiet. When they went out, Satish started admiring talent of Yogesh. He suddenly became more capable than Punit. Rita was glad for positive impact but her heart was hurt. Since every one was admiring Yogesh now, Punit was no longer good leader. She knew that she was not suppose to feel hurt but it was hurting her. She felt so sad that Punit was no longer in picture of this office. On that point she received a call. It was unknown number. She was so confused. She took it. It was a lady. " Rita I want you to stay away from Yogesh." " I don't understand what are you trying to tell me? I am nothing but just employee." " Really just like time of Punit. You have managed to take my Punit away from me but now don't dare to touch Yogesh." " Touch Yogesh? Are you mad? I have never touched Punit and I am not even friendly with Yogesh." She was so frustrated. That woman started to talk further but she just disconnected call. She didn't understand that call at all. She looked around. She didn't understand who was warning her. She was so upset. She looked around. In her mind first came name of Satish. She started to doubt him. When she looked at him, he was busy in admiring Yogesh. She looked at Satish with anger. Satish must had sensed it. He came near her and began to apologize again. He seemed genuine. She nodded. Urmila " What happened? Are you still angry with Satish?" " This is not about Satish. I have just received  threatening call." " Threatening call?" " Yes. Few seconds ago some one called me and told me to stay away from Yogesh" " It can't be Satish he was chatting before us." " It was woman." " Satish's wife?..no no she is smart and practical woman she will not participate in this stunt. But why did Satish do that? He look happy." Rita nodded. She began to feel it couldn't be Satish. Yogesh handled his issue proper. She just kept thinking. She knew that voice but she didn't remember it properly. It was some one she knew. Then Satish told all to return to work. They started working. Rita decided to ignore that call. She thought that Satish might had told some one before visiting Yogesh. Now he would not repeat it. She was totally convince that it would not come again. She just went back to work. When office was over, she started to go home. She was little bit late. She was waiting for bus when Yogesh came in his car. Yogesh stopped. " Miss Rita do you want lift?" Sun was shining on head she wanted to go in that car but then she remembered what happened with Punit. " No thanks." Yogesh nodded and went away. She kept sitting in that heat. When her mobile rang, it was unknown number. She decided to reject call. But then she noticed that it was someone's number. She didn't remember whose. She took that call. It was that woman again. She said in sweet voice " You are acting like good girl now. You don't take lift. If you act like that your old sin might vanish and I might forgive you." Then she disconnected call. Now Rita was more scared. She looked around. She was surrounded by unknown people. It was big crowd. Any one from that crowd could have been watching her. But some one was watching her seemed like scary thought. She decided that she couldn't ignore it. She looked around. There was not known face. She decided that she might call Satish. Satish didn't took her call immediately. He took it after some time. " Satish where are you?" " In train." " With whom?" " With Mr. Sharma why?" " You are not playing prank with me, are you?" Now she was getting hysteric. " What prank? What happened?" " Give Phone to Mr. Sharma." Then Mr. Sharma took call and confirmed Satish's statement. Then slowly she started telling all while crying. It was clear that mobile was on speaker. Rita " I just wish that it was only Satish who was playing trick for revenge." Satish "I will never do that and don't take it easy. It might harm you." Rita just disconnected phone after promising to Mr. Sharma that she would call him as soon as she reached home. Then she went ahead. She choose a lady who looked nice and simple. She just remained stick with her. She was shivering whole time. But she kept control until she didn't reach home.
    Rita's Mom was shocked when she returned home with pale white face. She looked totally horrible. Mom " What happened?" " Mom someone was calling me." Dad " Who was calling you? Did Punit created any trouble for you?" " No Dad. It was a woman. She was scaring me again and again. She is keeping watch on me." " But who is she? " " I don't know. She is calling on phone. I can't see her." Her Dad looked tense " Tell me in details." She told them every thing. Her Mom " We must call Police." " Mom it is just prank call. They are not actually harming me. I can't complaint after just two calls." Dad " So you are going to wait until she don't harm you? I am not going to let her do any harm to you. " " But we can't go to Police." " But we can go to my one friend whose nephew is Police who helped us unofficially." Rita liked this idea. She was so scared. She managed to check her door twice. She knew that she couldn't survive like this. She knew that she needed help. Then she saw her mobile was ringing again. It was that number only. Rita " I might just block it." Her Mom " But that woman was following you." Rita suddenly began to feel so tense. She knew that just blocking call would not help. Rita " I feel to stay at home for few days." Dad " This is totally wrong idea. You can't lock yourself in home." " But I can't go out too." Her Dad just began to call his friend. His friend told them that his nephew would come next day. Rita " I will stay in home for one day." Every one nodded in agreement. It was worst day. That woman kept calling again and again. She began to feel so tense. She could see 100 times her calls were blocked. It was worst. She couldn't lock herself like that. She kept getting angry. She kept screaming on every one. Finally her Dad said " Stop throwing your anger on us. I know you are upset with that follower." She gave nice smile but it was forced. She kept walking around house like wild animal inside cage. She told her office that she was sick but in her soul she kept hoping no one should come to visit her. It was worst. Finally her door bell rang. She ran to open it with hope that it was Police. But she was shocked when she saw that it was Urmila and Yogesh. Urmila " You looked fine." Rita sensed that no use of hiding. Rita " I am fine. But I am having another problem. Come inside. I will tell you." They both entered. Her Dad immediately locked door. As soon as Yogesh entered in house, once again she began to get message of calls had been blocked. Rita " Who knew that you are coming here?" " Well no one except Uncle." " Punit?" Rita was so shocked. She told him every thing. " Why Punit is lying like that? We never had any relationship. " " Because he is not normal." " What?" " He is acting like Auntie since her death. We called psychiatrist. At that point he looked normal. We knew that on few moment he acted like her. But we never thought that he would do all this." " He is following me. He is threatening me. Why? I never done any harm to him." " No you don't. But he fall in love with you when his wife was alive. My Uncle must had started building guilty about it in his heart. I was out of control after death of Auntie. Don't worry. He is not going to stay outside like that. He had decided that he would go to hospital. He just wanted to teach all to me. That's why I took hold of firm." Her Dad " This is horrible." Yogesh " Please I beg to you. Don't talk to Police. He will not harm you again." Rita looked confused. But then she agreed. " So he will be in hospital by.." " Tomorrow. But I might call psychiatrist today too. " He called him. It seemed that psychiatrist arranged every thing immediately. Yogesh " Psychiatrist said we must admit him immediately. This is risky." Rita " Yogesh call your Uncle and tell him. I am quitting job or he might come here too." Yogesh nodded and did same thing. Yogesh smiled. Yogesh " I think he was on way since I heard traffic. But he would return now." Rita waited with patience. At beginning when Yogesh called Punit was not there. They all felt scared. But soon he returned. Yogesh " Thanks. But I want you to keep doing job." Rita " Yogesh try to understand I don't want to take risk." Urmila " I want you to remain with me. But I don't want to risk your life." Her Dad " She was getting nice job with high salary in other place. Just let us go." Yogesh nodded. He gave her salary and letter of recommendation. Then Yogesh said good bye. Rita called that other firm immediately. They agreed to give her plane tickets too since they liked her style. She smiled happily. She felt that one chapter was over. But she could began this chapter without guilt. She didn't want to destroy other person's marriage which she did unknowingly last time. She wanted to forget all. She wanted to move ahead. Her parents started to packing. During this they forgot Police Officer totally. When he came, they were confused. Finally they told him all. Rita " I don't want to file complaint." " No need. Your decision is right. He is not sound man. You can go now and your life will come on track again. But I don't want you to go alone on airport. I will take you. We need Police jeep." They all nodded. When it settled, they went to neighbors and told them. They all showed support and many hated Punit. Rita didn't like it. But she knew that Punit did wrong. He was talking about relationship so he wanted it but she stopped him. She was no longer interested in meeting him. She didn't blame about every thing from his kids. She just wanted to stay away from him. She took breathe of relief when she finally sat in plane and went away from him.
                                                                              The End 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6956. Chapter bring sweet

                        Chapter bring sweet Chapter bring sweet touch to mind that form new brightness to path which create new light to min...