Saturday, October 7, 2017

Adventure story 313. Missing clothes

                                                                    Missing clothes                                                      
Samir was counting goods again and again. It was so strange. In his closet he noticed his shirts went missing. He started noticing this since days. He was getting so upset on every day. He decided which shirt he wanted and next day it was not in his closet. It was so upsetting. He was living in his Uncle's house. His Uncle had kept him as favor for few days. After completing his education he started searching for job. But he found that job in different town. He wanted to stay in his house with parents. But his job was more needful than other things. He decided to take it. But finding place for staying in city was not easy for him. He had search for such long time but all houses were so costly. He decided that he couldn't afford those houses. It was so hard to get so much deposit. Finally his Mom suggested name of this Uncle. But from beginning she told him that he had to behave properly in Uncle's house. He had to follow his every order. He agreed. But he always hoped for privacy at least in his room. But when he came here, he was so shocked to see his Uncle's behavior. He was not behaving nicely. His attitude was too harsh. From beginning he was told that he should not bring his friends in house. If he wanted to stay over some place, he must give all details to him. Auntie even asked if he had girl friends. It was his personal life. But they wanted every detail. They told him that his outside life should not enter in that house. He nodded. He knew that none of his friend from his home town was going to travel such long way to meet him. He didn't feel that he could make such a nice friends in office so soon. He just nodded to every thing. He was not supposed to question them. They gave food to him. It was also favor on him. He must not complain about it. Normally food was good. Since it was served to all but his breakfast which was made just for him was horrible. Tea didn't have much taste. It was not question of sugar or milk. He could drink tea without them. But it didn't have enough tea powder too. It tasted just like hot water. He wanted to complain but he didn't dare. He didn't want to be thrown out of house. He tried his best to act friendly. One day while chatting he asked about their son. Suddenly Uncle smiled and started taunting " My son is very smart. He is studying in abroad and doing job too." " Really? That's great." Auntie " Person need to work hard to achieve such a success. My son never used to waste his time. Now look at watch. You are already ten minutes late than usual schedule. But still you are wasting your time in chatting. My son never act like that." Samir felt so ashamed. Uncle started laughing. He just managed to eat breakfast as fast as possible and went away. But he could clearly hear them talking. Auntie was saying " This beggar is comparing himself to my son." " Come on. Take it easy. You showed him his place properly." " We did such big charity by letting him stay here and he kept forgetting it." " But he would never forget your words." He felt so hurt. He didn't try to hear their further discussion. After this he never asked any thing or talked with them. He was feeling so suffocated in that house. He kept trying to find new house. He knew that there were some arrangements in which four or five boys lived together. He knew that it would be little bit crowded but he decided that he could adjust. But they were already full. He needed some house where there was one place for him. He didn't want big thing. But his small need was too costly in this city. Now every day he kept missing his shirts. At beginning he felt that it was his mistake. He must had thrown it somewhere in that cupboard. But today he was sure that some one must had taken it. Since it was his favorite shirt and he was careful about it. He was so angry. He knew that he could not blame these rich people for theft when even this closet belong to them. But he couldn't manage his budget if someone kept stealing like that so he decided that he must had to change his place. It was strange. He couldn't imagine any one from this rich house could want to steal his shirt but it was truth. He was angry about it. But worst thing was that he could not complain. He kept cursing in low voice to throw out his anger.
    Samir was so upset. When he went in office, he was still thinking about his clothes. In office he had managed to make few friends. One who sat becide him was good person. His name was Ronit. He had nice family of two daughters so there was clearly no place to share in his house. In fact he needed big house. Since with his parents just one bedroom was not enough. But Ronit managed it. They knew how manage in that house, But they couldn't accommodate Samir. But Ronit sensed tense expressions on Samir. Ronit " What happened?" " Well since I have came in that house, my clothes are vanishing in air." Ronit started laughing. " So your Uncle knew black magic!!" " Yes. He seemed like special expert of voodoo." They both started laughing. Then Ronit asked " Joke apart but why don't you just lock that closet?" " Since it don't belong to me." " Then you must buy a closet for yourself." " But I don't think my Uncle would permit me." " Now this is horrible. This way he will keep stealing things every day and you need to keep your mouth shut. This is not right thing." " I know but I don't have option." Then Ronit smiled. " I can't offer place in my house but I can offer a place to keep closet in my house." " Place of closet?" " Yes we have a Gallery which we didn't include in house officially but still it belonged to us only. We keep our door locked. You can keep closet there." " And come every day to your house to change dress?" " Come on. You are not planning to keep eating inside your Uncle's house every day. One day you need to find a place where you can eat. We have a nice lady below our house. She will give you home made lunch box every day. You can also tell her to give one for night. This way you can take food and change cloth then go back to uncle." Samir was not convinced fully. But he knew that he didn't have much option. Soon his Uncle was going to blame him for eating free lunch and dinner in his house. After all Samir was earning now. So he had arrange it all. Samir " But I have to wait for Salary." " No need. I will tell that lady you will pay in end of month. She surely going to believe in me. After all I am her neighbor if you don't pay she will take payment from me." " I will not do that." " I know. That's why I am taking your guarantee. You need to find house but until then this arrangement will reduce burden of your Uncle who keep taunting you." Samir nodded. He was so happy. When he returned home, he told Auntie about it. Auntie said angrily " But we were giving you food." " I know. You were so kind but I must not take too much advantage of your kindness." " Then find a place to stay too." Samir felt so ashamed. " I am trying. I will manage soon. But I am shifting things from your closet today. I found place to keep things." Auntie suddenly looked happy. " So I can use that closet now." " Sure. I am removing my things today." Auntie nodded. He didn't tell it all to Uncle but he was sure Auntie would do it all. He could clearly saw happiness on her face. He knew one thing that he must leave that house. They didn't want him as part of their house. He felt so sad. He wanted to return to his home. It was hard for him. But he gave one forced smile and then when in room he started putting all his shirts in suitcase. Soon he sensed that at least three of his precious shirts were missing. He went in locker. His gold chain and ring which his parent gave him as safety in case of crisis were safe. He was so happy. He decided that he would not keep any costly thing here. He managed to pack it all and went in Ronit's house. His family talked with him in nice way. They were happy to keep one closet for him. After that Samir went to shop with Ronit and purchased closet by money his Dad had give him for emergency. The way his things were vanishing from that house he felt it was emergency. Then he managed to unpack every thing in that closet. He selected few shirts for office and went back to that lady who told him that she would deliver lunch box in Ronit's house on both times. Even that lady suggested him that he must found some house on rent near by. He just nodded and went back to Uncle's house. When he reached there, every one else was slept. He just went in room and slept on his bed. It was horrible way to stay. He felt that he just borrowed a bed and nothing else from that house belonged to him. He just wanted to went away from there.
     Samir was so upset by every thing. His schedule was totally disturbed by this every day stunt. He needed to wake up early. He needed to get ready as soon as possible. He was just running around every day. But still he kept moving ahead. He kept searching for house. One day they visited a house which was perfect according to his budget. But it was too small for him. He could place just one bed there. It was too small. Samir " My god this is too small." Ronit " You are right. This way you can't even put your closet in house." Agent " But he can keep that closet in your house and sleep here. He just want a bed." " Yes I want bed but not literally just bed." " Come on. You got kitchen and bathroom too." Ronit started laughing. " You call this kitchen. Even my gallery is bigger that this." Agent " It's your choice what you want to do. You can get it or you can leave it. But one thing is so sure. That you are finally going to regret it. Since your budget is so small, you can't get any thing more in it." Samir " Fine I am taking this." Ronit " But you can't stay here." " But I can at least keep closet here." " What you are paying rent for just closet?" " I don't have must option. I can't keep it in your gallery for entire life." Agent " It is not such small place he could place mattress and sleep too." Ronit " And then he could able to open door until he didn't fold that mattress." Agent " I have given you best offer. If you don't want then I will give it some one else." Samir " No..no I am taking it. How much?" Agent named amount. It was also large. Ronit " This is too much." Samir was confused now. " What will be price if I bought it?" Ronit " Don't do that?" Agent named larger sum. He was so shocked. Samir " I might need some time to arrange amount.." " You want to confirm? I really don't mind. I know young man you are new in this place so I will hold this place for a week for you. I will try my best to give you comfortable installment but rest is up to you. Trust me. I am giving you a best deal." Samir nodded. As soon as they went out, Ronit started discouraging him. " Don't do it. This is not worth it. I am sure that he is lying." " I don't think so. I know rates. But that is true cost. I need a place. But I don't want to purchase it. I will just rent it. Then I will arrange a loan and purchase a nice flat. I have salary and job so I will manage. But for it I need to go to bank and it is not going to be easy. I can't do these things until I don't settle in my job so at this moment this place is better." " This is not better. This is worst. Why are you trying to do this?" " Since I don't want to become burden" " But you are not burden in my eyes." " Just give it few days then you will not feel same way. I am your friend. I can't use you like that." " This is totally strange. I mean I never showed you a sign that suggest you are trouble for me but still you feel this way." " Since I don't want you to feel this way." Ronit kept nodding negatively. But Samir didn't listen to him. Then Samir asked about jeweler. " Why you want jeweler now." " I want to sell my gold chain." " Now don't do that for that place. Why don't you move further away from city." Samir was confused. " I don't understand what are you suggesting." " If you went far away from main city. You might get nice place. But you need to travel more but still that place will be a flat for you." Samir looked confused but he nodded. He knew that this house was too small. He wanted to get married one day but this house was shattering his hopes. He looked hopefully at Ronit. " Trust me." Then Ronit started to call some one when suddenly same Agent called. Agent"If you want big house why don't you shift on some other place which is little bit far away from city? I mean if you are planning to buy house then it must be something in which your family could be accommodated? I mean you need one bedroom for yourself and one for parents. Forget two bedroom but at least one bedroom hall kitchen is necessary. I can even arrange loan with nice bank." Then he turned to Ronit " Of course you have to take guarantee." Ronit patted on Agent's back. "Now you are talking like my friend." Agent told them to come to his office. After that he showed truly promising houses. But Samir could clearly see demand of large amount. He decided that he could shift his family here. But then he remembered his big house in his home town. He didn't want destroy all that property. He decided that he could work hard and purchase more but he would not reduce it. He started nodding about terms of loan. He was so happy that finally he was going to get a house of his own. From that day they decided to start to search for a house which was important for him. He smiled happily. He was so glad that he no longer need to spend holidays in that house. He never thought that he could hate that house so much but he did. He just wanted to shift. But for that night he had option so he returned to that house. Once again he came late. He slowly went inside room and slept on that bed. He immediately fall asleep due to exertion. He started dreaming about his house. He was enjoying in that house. It was just wonderful. He didn't sense any sorrow. It was just happiness in his dream. He was enjoying a nice party in his new house with every one. He was smiling during his sleep. He was far away from reality. He was just in his dream world where harshness of reality no longer existed.
       Samir woke up by screams. He was so shocked. Auntie was screaming on top of her lung. She was telling some thief managed to steal her saree. Samir was so confused. Samir " What happened?" "Some one took my saree and scattered all my belonging. Just look in this cupboard. My saress are totally destroyed." Samir carefully and slowly went near that cupboard. When he used to keep things, this never happened to cupboard. Thief was very careful while handling things. It was clearly thief's reaction out of frustration. Samir " Actually when I had this cupboard my few shirts went missing." "Ohh really?and you forgot to mention it." Samir could hear anger in voice. It was clear that it truly looked far fetched but it was truth. " Auntie you need to understand how could I have blamed you when you are giving me chance to stay in your house free of cost." " Really? You feel that gratitude? Then tell me why are you suggesting this now. Are you going to pay money to us for staying here now?" Samir was so angry. " If you want rent, I will pay it. Any way I am going to leave this house soon. I just managed to find new place." " Now this is perfect timing. You did all." " You can't blame me like that." " Really? Why can't I blame beggar like you? You are nothing but beggar who lived on our charity and managed to cheat us." Samir felt so sad. He knew that she dared to talk like that with him just because he was poor. It was totally wrong. Then Uncle entered with red eyes. He started to ask Auntie what happened. She blamed every thing on him. He tried so hard to clear his side but Uncle slapped him without thinking. Samir was so upset. He was feeling pain on cheek. That pain directly went in his head. He began to feel that he did biggest mistake by coming there. He knew that he couldn't hit his Uncle back. But he didn't want to tolerate this beating too. He just ran out of that house without thinking. He had this all enough. He just didn't understand what he supposed to do. His Uncle and Auntie were accusing him of destroying their things. He never did such things in life. But he knew that when they spread this news in other relatives there would be gossip. It was so hard to guess what each of them feel. But he knew many believe his Uncle and Auntie that his parents were going to suffer a lot. He wanted to tell them all first. He was so scared. he was so upset. He took Auto but he knew that he didn't have money. He called Ronit immediately. Ronit was shocked to heard all. Ronit told him that he would come down and pay. When he sat in Auto, Driver kept looking at him in strange way. Finally driver told him " Sir you are bleeding on head." He was so shocked. He hold that wound with handkerchief. It managed to hurt him so much now. He never sensed that when his Uncle slapped him, he fell on closet and managed to hit his head. He was so confused. He was so upset. He knew one thing that he did care about it on that point. When he got out of Auto, Ronit was so shocked. Ronit stopped Auto and insisted that he had to go to Doctor. Even Auto driver insisted. Finally Ronit went to Doctor. When he went to Doctor, Doctor was shocked. He told him that he couldn't be treated there he had to go to hospital. Samir was so shocked. Samir " My God I can't take vacation from my office so soon." Doctor " Don't worry. It will not take much one or two days. Try to understand health come first. From hospital they even gave you proper certificate." When they got out, Ronit spoke first with anger " You have to file Police complaint." Samir was thinking about same thing. He didn't want his parents to be burdened with his medical expenses now. Samir " Yes I want to be compensated for all this." But Samir was scared in heart. He just kept thinking what he would go if Cops didn't believe him. But he had to try it. He was determined to tell his things now. When he went to Hospital, they took him inside. He told them all. He told Doctor that he wanted to file Police complaint. Doctor nodded. Samir started waiting for cops. It was worst moment of his life. He was not guilty still he was shivering with fear. He felt so tense that cop might consider him guilty. Ronit was so confused. Ronit convinced Samir to file complaint but he began to feel they might need lawyer too. But fees of lawyer were going to be high. They were going to need more money. Ronit knew that it was not possible. He began to feel he was creating more mess for Samir. Ronit " May be we should not complaint to Police?" Samir started to feel more scared. He began to feel confused too. When Police offer entered and asked " So what is your complaint?" Samir sensed that he didn't have option but to tell every thing.
      Cop heard every thing Samir wanted to tell. Cop " It is simple case they wanted to throw out you out of their house so they made excuse. But they should not beat you like that. So you want them to pay medical bills?" Samir nodded. Cops " But you might be lying. Who is this man? Is he your witness?" Ronit " No Sir I am just friend." " So you don't have witness." Samir nodded. " But I feel your Auntie will support your Uncle's statement." Samir nodded once again. Cop " So you don't have much case. I just suggest you forget all and move ahead with life." Samir nodded. Then that Cop went away after chatting with him for few moments. Cop told him that he might make one call to Uncle. He might manage payment of expenses. Samir smiled happily. Samir " Yes. I don't want any thing. I just want those expenses to be paid. And I am going back with next train to my home town. I don't feel my Boss will keep me after this." Cop nodded with sad face. " But I feel I might try to talk with your Boss too. I don't do this normally but I feel you are like my brother so I will do this favour." Then Cop called Boss. He created so much effect on Boss that when Samir started to talk. Boss gave full sympathy to him. So his job was survived. After this Cop started asking about his Uncle and Auntie. " You are living with them!! And what about their son?" " Their son? He is in abroad." Cop started laughing. " What happened Sir?" " No one is going to take that mad boy in abroad unless they took him there for treatment. But they are useless people who don't understand importance of Doctors." " I don't get the point." " Their son is not mentally alright. They knew that he needed treatment. Once he ran away on road without proper clothes. My friend went there and took him in custody. He kept telling all that he was attacked by some germ which was going to kill whole earth." " My god!! But they said their son is scholar who is earning lot of money in abroad." " Lies. They are expert in lying. They could do anything to hide their son. It was horrible the way they treated this issue. They did every thing just to hide it. When we put him in hospital, they came running. Then soon they took him out of it. After that they kept him in home." " In home? Where?" " They showed you just one part of house. They don't show you left wing." " But they said it belonged to tenant. I had seen a woman standing with baby in it's gallery." " Baby? Did you see face of baby?" " No it was too small. It was covered in blanket." " Then it was their son." Ronit " My god. Why did he dress like that?" " Actually his mental trouble is increasing step by step. I know all since you admitted him in hospital. Actually he had one sister who died during child birth. It was not his mistake since he stuck in traffic. But he reached in hospital it was too late. Actually his sister had some other medical complications too. I don't know in details but he said that she had fever too. She gave birth to boy. Her husband couldn't able to take care of him so he kept him in their house. Every thing was fine at beginning. Of course not fine in full sense their son left his job just to take care of his nephew which was hardly normal. But they pretended that it was normal. One day this boy of sick with fever." Ronit" My god!!" " Don't jump on conclusion. Nothing happen to that boy. He is fine and studying in nice boarding school now. He had normal fever. Still they took him to hospital. This time your Uncle drive car. They reached hospital. That boy was not serious at all so he got well. But from that day their son started blaming himself and he started to find germs everywhere. Even after that symptoms when they didn't took him to hospital. Boy's father took boy away from them. By that time their son started acting totally strange way. I think he is in worst condition now. He was trying to make his sister alive. He might feel that he is his sister. Psychiatrist warned them about it." Samir " My god." Cop " I feel now even your Uncle and Auntie started to lose their mind due to stress. That is reason behind that drama. Just stay away from them." Samir nodded. Cop " Don't worry about medical bills. I am sure your Uncle will pay them." Samir nodded and smiled. Samir " I will take that small room. I don't want to stay with that mad family." This time Ronit nodded and he called Agent. Samir took deep breathe and called his parents to tell them every thing. He knew that it was big shock to them. But he had to tell the truth.
                                                                      The End  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6957. Dream towards light create

                      Dream towards light create  Dream towards light create new appeal towards touch with hope that show new knowledge to s...