Saturday, December 22, 2018

Adventure story. 376. A separate room

                                          A separate room
Sarika was cooking when she suddenly sensed ginger was missing. She needed it to complete her curry. Her husband Ramesh never ate curry without ginger. She took deep breath and started searching for it again. It was so frustrating. She started feeling tense. She was always so punctual about everything. She clearly remembered keep one piece in that corner of refrigerator just for curry. She was so angry and upset. She didn't sense when she started banging pots. But on that point her sister-in-law Trupti came Trupti was married to NRI. Her husband was rich but he kept traveling from one country to another. He was on big position which required too much traveling. He didn't want to keep her alone in his house at abroad so he decided to keep her in India. Actually she was supposed to stay with her in-laws but Sarika could clearly see it was not happening even after marriage she kept staying with them. It was kind of frustrating for Sarika. Trupti stayed in their house like queen. She every time kept boosting about her husband's house and income. Even today when pot started banging she immediately came inside kitchen, Sarika was frustrated. Trupti " What happened? Why are you banging pots like that? It is giving headache to me!!" Sarika was so upset. She wanted to scream on her and say if she was feeling so painful here why didn't she go and stay in her husband's house. He had big bangalow. It was true. Trupti's husband had big house with AC, home theatre.. every thing. While Sarika was staying in two room kitchen with her in-laws. Her father-in-law was not so rich but he managed to get rich husband for her daughter on that point Sarika thought her troubles were finished but it was her wrong guess. Her husband and her in-laws were nice people but Trupti had strange obsession towards her mother. She didn't want to leave her. Sarika knew that every one had attachment towards Mom. Even Sarika had it. But she didn't went their every day since she needed to work in house. Trupti didn't need to do that. Trupti kept one job to show people that she needed to stay in India for job. But it was not true. Her husband was so nice and considerate. He never desired income from her. In fact financial needs were not their dispute at all. At beginning Sarika thought that Trupti would settle down after baby. But now Trupti was mother of one child. That boy was cute but still it was extra work for her. She had her two daughters. Both were in school. Her younger daughter Meera was small. She was happy to have little baby in house. But her elder daughter Roma was getting frustrated day by day. She was getting bigger and she desired her own room. At least a house which could provide corner to chat with friends. But Trupti didn't sense it. She was still staying in her home with baby. Last time Trupti's husband insisted that she should go to his parent's house. She should stay there. But she stayed there only when he was there. When he left India, she came back. Their house was already small. They had just one bedroom which was given to them. It was so frustrating that their bedroom was no longer their too. Trupti kept coming inside it again and again. They had AC there and Trupti needed it's due to heat so she kept coming inside which was clearly bothering her elder daughter Roma. She was so frustrated. She kept asking her when her Auntie was leaving their house and she kept telling very soon when in her soul she knew very well that it was never going to happen even today she was screaming on her as if she was her slave. Sarika " Actually I am searching for ginger. I kept it in corner.." Her voice was shaking. She was scared of Ramesh. She knew that Ramesh had temper and if she didn't put ginger then he was going to throw big trantrum on her. She was clearly scared. Trupti " Ohh ginger!! I used it for tea. I want ginger tea and you know Mom. She always love it. But you are too busy to bother about it so I made it by myself. Mom also have some wishes and you don't seem to care about them." " But Ramesh wanted it in curry?!!" " Then go and buy it. If you want money then Mom can give it.." " It's not about money who will go to market." " You can go yourself or send your daughters. They were always wasting their time around house." Sarika was so upset. Sarika " They study hard so they need to relax too." " Then you can go yourself!!" Sarika was so frustrated. She couldn't go since market was far away not on walking distance. Most importantly she couldn't waste so much time. Then Trupti said loudly " This is my Mom's house so she could eat and drink what she wants if you want more then use car. Why don't you drive? My brother wasted so much money on it. Still you never even try such coward!!" Then she went and started telling her mother-in-law how did she objected her tea. Sarika was so frustrated. She worked entire day but no one care for her. She knew that even Ramesh was not bothered about her. She decided that she could cook curry without ginger for one day. She wanted to try her luck and Ramesh's love towards her so she cooked it without ginger.
          When Meera and Roma came home from school, they sat for lunch. Roma was eating it happily but Meera complained " Mom's curry is not tasting same. " Roma " I don't feel anything is wrong." " It is. Just taste it." Sarika was so frustrated. Sarika " If you don't like it then don't eat it but don't criticise. Meera began to feel so upset that she started crying. Roma " Mom why did you got so angry?!! She is just little girl!! Kids always keep complaining like that it was not their mistake!!" " Really so you this is all your Mom's mistake?!!" She screamed too loudly. But Roma said with anger while keeping calmness in her soul " No. I feel my Auntie did it. Tell me truth. Did Trupti Auntie used something you kept for lunch as ingredient?!!" Sarika " Enough!! You are kids. You must respect your elder." " Really then shouldn't elder have any rule of behaviour?!!" Sarika " Regarding her rules I will see what I supposed to do but I don't want you to comment!!" " Fine then just give me one room for my work and I will not complaint." Sarika screamed on her again. This time she was too loud. Immediately Trupti and her mother-in-law came in kitchen to see the drama. When Roma screamed " Fine I will not say anything if you give one room. I don't mean for just me. I can share it with Meera but I want one room. I even let you and Dad use it sometimes." Then Trupti suddenly interfered " Such disgusting attitude!! Did you taught these manners to your daughters? She is asking her own grandmother to go out of her own house." Roma " I am not asking my grandmother to go anywhere. I am just requesting for one room where I can call my friends!!" Sarika's mother-in-law "Really?!! So your friends at school are more important than me?!! I always given affection to these girls but still they don't give respect to me." Meera started crying. She began to say slowly " I have not done anything. Why are they blaming me? I never desired a room. I am happy!!" Trupti " I just sense one thing Sarika!! Your daughters didn't have manners. They always misbehave. I don't think they have any good future after marriage they could hardly survive like that." Sarika was so upset now.  She knew that Roma talked in wrong way but mostly teenager do that. She didn't like the way Trupti wished destruction of her future. It was not fair. She was so upset. Sarika " Roma is little arrogant but mostly kids behave this way at this age they change slowly as they grow up." Roma was so shocked. She didn't do anything wrong. She just wanted her Auntie to stay with her husband generally it considered right but in this house even that demand seemed like crime. Roma " I don't want to eat lunch and Meera you are the one who started complaining regarding lunch so it was your mistake. Never do it again." Meera nodded and went in corner. She started searching for dolls. Sarika sensed that Meera was going to sit in corner for entire day now. She didn't like the way Trupti was behaving with her daughters many times she wished that she could live separately but she knew that it was not possible. She knew that it was not about money but Ramesh was not interested. Ramesh was not ready to give up his rights on property. He didn't love his Mom. It was not about affection. It was about property and convenience. Ramesh was never going to shift. She knew that he would not do anything like that. He didn't care for his daughter and wife so much. She went near Meera. " Honey it was not your mistake. That curry was not proper." Meera gave sweet smile out of tears and said "No Mom it was my mistake. I will not make complaint." She took her daughter in arms and started crying. It was horrible for her. Meera was small child but still she was behaving like adult to please her Mom. Sarika knew that it was wrong. But she didn't have any solution. Then Roma came in room. Roma " I am going to eat lunch with my friend." " What?!! With whom?" " Tina. You know her Mom. She is always angel for me." Sarika " I know. Only if I could have behaved like her." Roma started laughing. Roma "For behaving like her you need big bank balance and lots of support. Her father is strongest pillar of family and my father is weakest!!" " Now don't talk like that he like you." " Sure that's why every time he talk sweetly with Auntie and scream on us." Sarika never understood why did Ramesh act like that. He always showed affection to her sister. She was rich but she was not giving any sum to them so why did they supposed to bow before her. She never understood.
    Sarika was frustrated by all this. She decided that it was happening due to her mistake. She should have driven car. Sarika took deep breath. Sarika " Come on I will drive you. I will take you both to some restaurant to eat lunch." Meera smiled. But Roma didn't seem interested. Roma " I have already made plans with my friend." Sarika " Come on. Can't you give sometime to your family too." Roma seemed confused. Then she agreed. Then they all got dress up. Sarika took deep breath and took keys of car. She started to think positive. She began to plan drive car properly. She was entirely positive when Trupti came. Trupti " So you are going to market? By what?" " I am planning to drive car today."  Trupti " Wow!! Great!! So finally you are experimenting your driving skills on kids?!!" Roma " Mom is not that bad driver!!" " Don't tell me!! I was in car when it dumped with lamp post. Luckily it was not fallen on car." Sarika was frustrated. " It was not that serious accident." " No..no not at all I was just joking about it. It was not serious accident and I am glad you are driving. So will you bring something for me?" Roma was so angry now. On that point Trupti's son started crying. Roma screamed " I began to sense our house is nothing but charitable institution anyone can keep baby here." Trupti was so angry. Trupti " My son is not anyone. He is also part of this house. I have right to this house too." Sarika was so upset. Now Trupti was demanding her house too. She didn't understand what she supposed to say. Trupti might desire share on house but it was not fair since Trupti was just staying there she never spend a rupee on anything. So she didn't have right on anything. Sarika knew that whenever situation of selling house would come Trupti surely demand half share. Truthfully it was not fair. She could have right as daughter when she act as daughter take responsibility of parents But she was treated like guest. Sarika decided discussing matter further in details would manage to damage it. She just took hold of Roma's shoulder. Roma didn't say anything. But as soon as they sat in car, Roma asked " Why we have to purchase this car shouldn't we purchase house on this point?!!" Sarika knew very well that car was Ramesh's decision. He never took advice from others. In fact Ramesh never even let her have any financial independence. Before world he kept creating drama that he was sole earner since other couldn't earn but truthfully he never desired that anyone should earn. He kept cutting their every source of earnings. He didn't even let them any chance. He kept saying that they should get everything on their own but this was truth of life. No one managed to get things on own. Everyone took help of someone some people accept it and some didn't. But sadly world is full of those who didn't. She took deep breath to calm down her thoughts. She needed to drive now. For driving car she needed concentration. She took deep breath and started driving. She worked hard to drive properly. She did it all with full confidence. She started remembering positive sides of her life. Her parents were always biggest support to her. She started thinking about her childhood then birth of her daughter. She drove very smoothly in restaurant. She was feeling so happy. They went in restaurant and ordered food. She was so happy. Meera was jumping with joy. Everything was so perfect until her mobile didn't start to ring. At beginning she ignored. But then it became too irritating. Finally another customer came towards her and said " Sister your mobile is ringing. Why don't you took call or put it on silence mode?!!" Sarika smiled. She took out mobile. She saw that it was Ramesh's number. She shivered with fear. She was so scared. Finally she took his call. He asked " Where are you now?" She smiled. She was so happy. He was planning to join then in lunch. She gave him address and said " Should I order something for you too?" He asked in rough voice " What did you ordered until now?" She innocently gave him entire list. He didn't say anything. She smiled happily and said " Dad is joining us." Meera jumped with joy but Roma gave doubtful look. Roma " Why did he decided to join us suddenly?!!" Sarika " May be he wanted to spend sometime with us?" " You know him very well. He never had such desires!! Mom something is wrong with him. He is not our well wisher." " Really?!! So you feel he is going to curse us?!!" Sarika said it with smile. Then lunch came. Sarika decided to wait for Ramesh. But she served lunch to his daughters. She smiled towards all. She began to feel so happy.
        After sometime Ramesh came inside restaurant with bang of door. Entire restaurant looked towards him. His eyes were red with anger. He started to search for table. Meera saw her Dad entering. She began to feel so scared. Meera " Mom Dad is coming?!!" Sarika turned with smile. But her smile vanished as soon as she saw his face. She sensed that something was wrong. Meera shivered. Meera " Can I go to restroom?" Sarika agreed immediately. " Roma take her with you!!" Roma nodded. She was about to take her to washroom when Ramesh screamed " No one is going anywhere." " Dad I want to go to washroom!!" " You idiot!! You are nothing but burden on me. If I decide to hit you with this belt what will you do?" He came near him. His eyes started to scare her. She shivered with fear. She began to feel so scared that she might manage to wet restaurant's Sofa. He didn't permit her so she didn't want to go in washroom. She shivered. She kept sitting there. Ramesh kept screaming cursing abusing them. Sarika was so upset. He was abusing her. But it was not about her in her eyes. She could see worst effect on her daughter. Ramesh kept creating big drama until waiter didn't came. Ramesh " I don't want to see your face again. I don't desired even those daughters." " How could you say like that?" " Your father didn't provide money to feed them." She was so shocked. " I have not said anything." " But your stupid daughter Roma did. She ordered my sister to go out of house. As if she is earning money!!" Roma "Dad I am sorry. It was my mistake. I will say sorry to Auntie. I will learn to control my anger." Then he began to curse his daughter  in worst way. " This girl is going to apologize to my sister!!" He began to curse in such way that Roma's anger started to increase. She screamed " I will not." Then she started to abuse him too. " If you consider me whore then I don't see any reason to respect you. I don't want to even stay with you but I don't have option. But if you even try to touch me or my sister or Mom, I will call Cops. I know their number. Cop will not forgive you and entire hotel is witness." He was so angry. He started to run towards her but Sarika stood between them. Sarika " Enough. You know very well we can truly call Police." " And they will come!!" He started laughing. Then suddenly restaurant's door opened by uniformed cop. Ramesh managed to shut up. Cop sat on table across them. Ramesh was scared now. Sarika took breath of relief. But she knew that it was temporary. She should not keep her daughters in house for few days. She slowly messaged her sister. Then she said " I have decided that Meera and Roma will stay with my sister. Meena can keep them for few days." " What?!! No one is going out of my house!! Did you understood? They are my daughters." " Stop this nonsense. You are scaring them." " I don't care. I don't want wrong influence of Meena on them." " Wrong influence of Meena?!! They hardly go and meet her. They just go once in year." Ramesh was so frustrated. Meera started crying. Sarika looked nervous. Ramesh began to get confused too. Soon they sensed that Meera was shivering with fear. Roma " I think I must take her to washroom." But truthfully it was too late. Sarika began to feel ashamed. This was too embarrassing to everyone. Meera started crying. Soon cleaner came. Roma tried to console her but matter was already out of her hand. Meera began to go in featus position and started shivering. Her teeth started making strange noise. Ramesh was so upset when he sensed cop was coming there. Ramesh " Tell her to stop drama. Police is coming. And I need to handle all due to your daughter." Sarika " You are so scared then go away." Ramesh took deep breath. Then he just gave one look at Meera. Ramesh " Do you have money?" Roma screamed " Get lost we don't need your money." He gave strange smile. " Really great." Sarika started shivering with anger. Suddenly Ramesh looked scared. He vanished. An elderly man suddenly appeared beside Meera. He checked her and said " She is having seizure. We must call ambulance." Cop immediately called one. Doctor " Her father is disgusting man. I think it is happening due to him." Sarika was so confused until now she never thought this way. She felt her daughter was sick with some birth defect.
         Sarika called Meena again and sat in ambulance. Meena was not taking her call so she was clearly driving her car. She needed to tell it to her. She was so confused. Roma " Don't worry I will wait here for Meena Auntie and I will pack food too. Dad at least paid charges of food before going out. Hotel manager forced him. Sarika smiled inspite of worst situation. She was glad at least someone took money. She went away in ambulance. Roma stood there alone. She sat in corner. She began to feel fear from heart. She never sat alone like that. She started to call her friend. She told her all. Her friend " Are you idiot? How can you survive without money?!! I tell you one thing that you must need to stay with your father. Try to understand sweet heart he had money and your mother had none. Now she needed to take care of your younger sick sister too so from where she will get money." " Mom have her savings!!" " They are small and limited." " I know but when I will complete my studies I will earn too." " And until then?!! Are you planning to live in poverty?!!" " I will not going to left side of my Mom. She did everything for me." Then her friend didn't answer for sometime. Finally she said " Do as you wish. But don't expect any support from me. I am against this. Bye." Then she disconnected her call. Roma sensed one thing. She couldn't expect any more invitation from her best friend. She felt someone was calling her. Roma was so scared. She started to feel entire world was going to blame her. She started this argument. But she knew that it was her biggest mistake. She told her Auntie to get out of their house. Then she sensed Meena was calling her. She was not alone. Uncle was with her. She must had sensed some trouble. She hugged her and started crying. They began to feel confused when hotel waiter came to give food packages. He told them all step by step. Uncle " Horrible!! I am not so poor that my sister-in-law and niece needed to suffer like that. Let's take them home." Roma shivered. Roma " But I don't want to force ourselves on you like Trupti Auntie forced herself on us." Meena nodded. Meena " She is right. We all need privacy. They should stay in our mother's house. We will just provide them money for moving ahead day by day." Uncle clearly didn't like this idea but he nodded and said " You know your sister lot better but I am calling lawyer. They are getting divorce." On this point no one argued. In hospital Sarika was running from one place to another. Soon she sensed that she didn't have enough money. She was so frustrated. She started to offer her jewelry. But it was useless there and it was not enough since she was not wearing enough gold. Finally she started to call Ramesh. But Ramesh took call. Ramesh immediately said without listening to her. " If you want money then tell your daughter Roma to come and apologize to my sister. Then he switched off mobile without hearing her further conversation. He just wanted her to suffer because she insulted his sister. She started crying. Then that elderly Doctor and his wife came to her. Doctor " Don't worry we will make payment. You can pay back us later." Sarika said " Thanks" out of tears. His wife " We have to help you. We saw your horrible husband. You need to leave him. Frankly I feel he is not considered about his daughters." She started crying loudly that elderly lady took her in arms like mother. She felt so nice. She was feeling so helpless. She was feeling like orphan. Then finally Meena called. She told all to Meena. Meena heard it all and said " We are calling lawyer tomorrow for divorce. " Sarika didn't deny. " He didn't want me and my daughters." " Maybe he had desire for son?!!" " Yes. He didn't say it clearly but I can sense it." " Anyway we will make payment of hospital will you tell us how much?" " But your husband?!!" " He is not cruel like your husband!!" Then Meena stopped herself and talked after sometime. " What Doctor said about Meera?" " She is fine now. But it came back again and again." " It will not if we give her psychiatric treatment which your husband denied every time." " Do you feel it's due to him?" "I don't feel any doubt. Anyway I am coming. We will arrange all." "Thanks." " No. I want to say I am sorry. I wish only if I had fought and let you marry to boy who was always moving around you.." "It's over now. He went ahead with his life too." Meena " You are right. Let's just move ahead but remember one thing I am always with you and same apply to your brother-in-law. Never separate us otherwise we will need treatment too due to guilt." She took deep breath and said " We are human. You did what you thought best." And then both started to crying. They started to gather strength by crying.
                                                                             The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6953. One dream can bring

                            One dream can bring  One dream can bring hope to our mind start new path with direction of life show new way to ...