Saturday, December 1, 2018

Adventure story. 373. Beginning of superstition

                                         Beginning of superstition
Tanuja was setting everything in proper way. Her new house was her new dream. She was never obssessed with new house but her husaband Sandip was. He wanted to own his house. From beginning Sandip kept telling her about this dream. They met through internet. They were just school kids when they made friendship. It was pure friendship in beginning. But she soon began to sense that he was only person who cared about her. Then they entered in same college. They slowly started meeting each other. Soon Tanuja sensed that Sandip's Dad was not supportive. He told her that he kept bossing on him. She had same story in her house too. So they started to enjoy each other's company. They never sensed when they became couple in eyes of public. Tanuja was so shocked when her friend Manali asked her one day " Where is your boyfriend?" " Boyfriend?!! I don't have any boyfriend!!" "Come on!! You always go everywhere with Sandip!!" " Yes. But he is not my boyfriend." " Why? You don't like him!!" " Yes..yes I like him. And I like his attitude too." Manali started laughing. Manali asked " You just like his attitude not his face?" " No.. no I like that too." " Then why he isn't your boyfriend?!!" She was so angry. She came on verge of tears. " I am nice girl. I don't keep boyfriend like that." She started to cry slowly and her face was angry. After seeing this Manali apologized. After that Manali never discussed anything. But Tanuja started to sense Sandip's special attachment towards her every day. She began to like it and slowly step by step. She sensed that she wanted to marry him after completing her education. One day she decided that she must tell this to her Mom. Her Mom was shocked. Mom " Are you telling me that you have a boyfriend? How could you act like that and create shame for our entire family? You know very well that we don't act like that. In our family girls didn't go out with boys like that and you did it?" " Mom I have not done anything like that!! We are just friends. I just want to show you that boy since if you like it then I will take ahead that matter." " Then I tell you even before seeing him. I dislike such boy who try to get attached to girl without parent's permission." Tanuja was so angry. " Mom he had done nothing like that!! How could you blame him without even knowing." " I am against these ideas. But this is your life. And I tell you one thing. Do whatever you want but don't run away with that boy? I will convince your father but don't do this thing otherwise we don't have any option than killing ourselves." She was shocked. Tanuja " I am not planning to do that. If you don't want me to meet him again. I will not meet him." Mom " Then do it." Tanuja still kept tears rising in her eyes when she remembered those days. She was avoiding him with intention while he was totally confused. Then one day her Mom came to her and said " I am sorry. I managed to over react. Tell me his name." She told all. Her Mom nodded. Then soon she understood that her Mom was planning to send her to some girl's college where she had to stay in hostel. She was feeling sad but still she nodded. When she last time went to college, Sandip stopped her and tried to ask her cause but she avoided him. She thought that it was over. But luck took different turn. After her education when she started job she found once again Sandip in office. But Sandip didn't acted so friendly like last time. He acted with affection but he never suggested regarding love. But she sensed that he was not even planning to marry. Then her life took different turn. Her parents found suitable boy for her younger sister who was from influencial family. Now her parents wanted her to marry as soon as possible. Her Dad asked her Mom about her affair. It happened all before her. Her Mom was so angry. Mom " But you forced me to stop that marriage. I even sent her away in hostel against my wishes!!" " Be practical. We can't miss this chance. I need one boy for her. I can't marry  younger daughter before elder. And you know that boy is so profitable as son-in-law." Mom " But you told me that I must stop.." Dad "Enough. Now I want him to marry her." Tanuja was so angry. "But I don't feel he will marry me now. After the way I behaved with him." After that day she began to feel so upset. She began to avoid Sandip. But one day Sandip came towards her and called her. " Stop avoiding me. Your parents are suggesting regarding our marriage so if you don't want it then say it in straight way." She told entire issue while crying. He said " I don't care what they feel about me. I am just concerned about you." Then they got married. But everytime she felt Sandip never received that respect which he deserved. He always treated like something less. So she many times blamed even her parents for his obssesion regarding big house. But now since they finally managed to get big house. She was glad that finally they managed  to get big house. She looked around. It was really good house. She could see their every dream becoming alive.
          Tanuja was so happy about it. She started looking at setting. On that point her little daughter Isha entered in house in Sandip's hand. She felt so excited that she started to get down without looking steps of ladder properly. She started falling. She shivered with fear but luckily she didn't dump on her head. She managed to stop fall after two steps. Sandip came running and managed to steady that ladder. Sandip was so scared. Little Isha was watching all this while holding her teddy to close to heart. She clearly began to dislike that big house. She saw that Tanuja's leg was hurt. Tanuja tried her best to hide pains but it was not working. Sandip immediately called Doctor. She was taken inside room by Sandip. He was so tense. He knew such patients should be moved carefully. He tried his best. Doctor came. He checked her and said " You are lucky that you don't got fracture but bed rest is necessary." Then he introduced all instructions. Isha was watching all this. She shivered with fear. On that time Sandip's mobile rang and she took his call. Isha saw that it was her grandmother. She always loved her grandmother and her stories. Her grandmother always keep telling different and interesting facts of world which was garbage according to her Dad. But she liked those ideas. She began to create her world on it. But she never felt that it could be reality until now. Isha shivered with fear. When she was planning to come in new house, she was so happy. She took one big suitcase. She took out all her favourite dolls and stuffs in it. She kept them properly in line. She felt so happy to set them in line. She was planning to create a room which should be full of Barbie posters. Her Mom even promised for costly Barbie fan which had wonderful design. She was so happy at prospect of big bangalow. She wanted to stay there like Princess. She was so excited that her Mom twice told her not to jump in car and didn't run. She was never so happy. Then she heard her parent's talking. Tanuja " How did you manage to get such big bangalow at such cheap rate?" Sandip smiled and said "My intelligence manage to get it." Tanuja gave sweet smile and tried to persuade him to tell. " Come on. Tell me your secret. I will not tell it to anyone I cross my heart." Sandip gave meaningful smile. Isha hated it when they started talking like that with each other and ignore her. But on that day she was so happy. She was going in her big dream house. It was precious day. Sandip " I will tell you later." He looked pointedly at Isha which meant not before her. Isha knew this look every well. Her parents always tried to hide some sad thing from her but she never understood why. Finally they had to tell it. They did same thing when her grandfather was diagnosed with cancer. All that drama of protesting her from pain was useless. Finally when he started to get more and more sick, she started to sense it. Then she heard few elders discussing it in grandparent's house. They came to visit him on his last days so they were discussing sorrows towards his sickness. Truthfully she felt that they were more scared than sad. They didn't want to be sick like her grandfather. She didn't like it. But she managed to understood all. She hoped that it was not some cover up like that since they were always useless. She saw that her Dad was smiling so it was some good surprise so she smiled at that prospect. Then they finally came out of car. She looked out of window. She looked at that house and she shivered. She didn't remember from where she remembered that house but she saw it's picture and she didn't like it. But her parents were jumping with joy around her. She didn't want to spoil their mood so she gave fake smile and said "Can I play sometime in garden?" Her parents looked confused. But then they assumed wrong thing again. Sandip " Garden is nice but we need to do little bit gardening.." Tanuja slapped on his shoulder and indicated kids didn't understand. But truthfully Isha hardly liked that jungle. She was big enough to sense difference. But she didn't say anything. Tanuja said " Will you stay outside with her until I set house little bit. I need to get it ready for puja to keep house pure." " My God!! How could you believe on such garbage?!!" Isha suddenly asked " Did you call Grandma?" Sandip smiled " Of course!! She is chief guest of this function. She is coming with Guruji to pure our house and keep evil away." Sandip was creating artificial drama. But Isha knew that Grandma would manage all. Finally she started playing and when she entered in house with her Dad this happened so she sensed that something was wrong with house. She had to tell it to Grandma so she went in other room and took Grandma's call.
        Isha's Grandma was shocked when she heard her little voice on mobile. " Hi how are you my Princess?" Isha felt so touched to heart by this line that she started to cry. Her Grandma was so confused. Grandma " Honey what happened? Tell me sweet heart!!" " Mom fall from ladder. Her leg is broken." " What immediately after entering in house?" " That house is like house that I saw in that picture." Her Grandma looked confused. Grandma " Which book?" " The big book you were reading last time when I came to stay with you in vacation." Grandma sounded confused. Isha was frustrated that she screamed " Didn't you remember?" Grandma was clearly shocked by her attitude. Grandma " Why are you shouting like that? I will come soon and I will surely recognise house." Then before Isha could apologize, Sandip snatched mobile from her. Sandip " I am sorry Mom. She is upset since Tanuja is hurt." " I know. She is always good girl but now she is stressed. She is scared. I will try to come soon but I got ticket of tomorrow.." " Tomorrow?!! Mom I want you to come today." " I know but I don't got ticket so I don't have much option." " But Mom.. I don't like this idea. I can't sit with her. I need to sit with Tanuja." " Ohh I don't know she is so sick." " Mom she didn't have fracture but Doctor advised bed rest." " My God!! Take proper care of her." " I am trying hard Mom but you know very well it is not easy job." " I know. Don't worry I will come soon . " "Thanks." After that he went to Isha. She was already on verge of crying. She was well aware that she did big mistake. She began to apologize immediately. She felt so guilty about her attitude. She started crying. But Sandip smiled and said " Such things happen but don't repeat it." Isha nodded. Sandip " Now your Mom is sick so we must move around her with happy face not sad one." She nodded. Then they entered in Tanuja's room. Tanuja immediately told him " I have just called one agency. They will send a nurse soon. I want you to sit with Isha." " But I told Mom to come fast to help us." Tanuja was clearly upset. Tanuja " You can't throw entire responsibility of house on Mom like that!! Don't you see how old she is now?" " I know but I don't know what to do so I called Mom." She smiled sweetly. " How nice!! I wish only if I had Mom like you." " But now she is your Mom too. Mother-in-law is Mom." " Yes but she is single person and now she had to do all." Isha " But we will help her." Tanuja smiled and patted on her cheek. " I know sweety you will. But you are too small. You can't cook." Sandip " But I can." Tanuja " Yes. You can but we can't eat it." Sandip looked upset. " I am not that bad cook." " But you just cook diet food and no one want to eat it except you." " When you will understand importance of diet food." Tanuja and Isha said "Never" in union and started laughing. Sandip didn't like that joke on his expense. He left room. Then he looked around his house for first time. It was so big. He never thought how to arrange it while purchasing. Tanuja was going to do all. First time he sensed that he never took any domestic responsibilities. He was just after purchasing that big house. He looked around. This house was big and nice house. He knew that it was not considered good according to astrology but he didn't believe it. He knew that his Mom had full faith on it so he decided to hide it from her. But he was so confused when Isha looked at this house with so much fear. Isha was not old enough to read astrology book. She could easily read story book so she could read astrology book but he knew that his Mom know his opinion very well so she would not give such book to his daughter. But he sensed one thing that she knew it. He decided to ignore that matter now since Tanuja was sick and Isha was nervous so at this point. He felt discussing issue would make matter worst. He was so scared. He started to check out rooms. It was like entering in unknown world. He planned a big house but with Tanuja. Now she was missing from picture and she was in bed. He didn't want to see that house. He wanted to cry like little boy but he knew that he couldn't since he was father of one small girl. But it was so frustrating. He didn't imagine life without Tanuja and today when he saw her falling from ladder then he imagined worst. He shivered even today by that thought. He looked around house with upset expression. He knew that he had to arrange all. Otherwise Tanuja would start to do it as soon as she would become fit. He was so confused. Then he remembered that he could call Agency too so he dialed number of Agency and asked for people who could arrange his house.
       Tanuja was not happy when she saw unknown people were arranging her home. She regretted her decision to do all on own. She could have called them too and this could have been avoided. Tanuja " It was my mistake. I should have called them before." Sandip turned towards her and said " Now relax and just give order like queen!!" " I want to do it all with my hands. I don't like to become queen." Sandip knew that very well but he didn't have much option from tomorrow he had to go in office. He could not ignore work. He wanted house to be set before his Mom enter in it. So he started looking around and tried to plan it his best. He began to wait for people who would help him. Soon a team came in house. They started arranging things as per restrictions. Isha was watching all. She shivered with fear. She didn't like so many unknown men in house. Few out of them even tried to play with her. But she hated them all except one who said " This house is cursed house." as soon as he entered. Other screamed on him and abused him. But she knew that he was telling truth. She decided that she could talk with him. She kept following them. They noticed her but she was little angel in their eyes so they didn't mind. Sandip few times tried to stop her but after sometime he gave up. She noticed that Sandip was far away then she smiled. She started talking to man. " I know this house is evil." Now every worker stopped. One man came near her and said sweetly "Honey I know this is new house so you are scared but your father bought it with hard work. I feel you must not say like that. It is so beautiful." " It is beautiful but evil!!" " Who told you?" " I saw it in book!!" The man who said it was evil started talking "She is telling truth. This house have wrong door." Every one started laughing. Another man " So you don't like design of door?" "No..no it's not about style." " Then what?" " That position of door!! It is sinister. It brings even in life. Once my friend lived in house like this. It was cheap so he bought it but then his luck turn wrong way. He used to invest in share market and he lost all his money on some point. He started doing work like me. And worst thing was his daughter started seeing that evil. It haunted her. She told him many times to leave house. But he didn't.." " Of course he will not after all after becoming bankrupt how could he sell house that house must be mortgage too?!!Right?!!" Asked one worker with smile. That worker " Joke as much as you want but I tell you one thing that this is true entirely true." Few were laughing but few started to shiver. One said "Enough. You will scare little girl." " He is not scaring her. I think he is scaring you." All started laughing but after it every changed subject. Isha " Tell me story?!!" That man smiled and said " Nothing. His wife took daughter and went away." She knew that he was lying. She knew elder always do it when someone die. She knew that someone died in this house. She shivered with fear on that thought. She knew that nobody was going to discuss it further before her so she went out of room. She was thinking about it. Then Sandip came from behind. She didn't understand that it was him so she jumped with fear. He started laughing and said " It's me. Why are you looking so scared?" " Nothing." For that entire day she kept sitting in her Mom's room. She needed to protect her injured Mom. That Nurse was no good. She kept relaxing or watching something on mobile. Isha wanted someone who truly keep watch on her Mom like detective. Finally at night Sandip came in room and told Isha that she must sleep now. Isha " Can I sleep with Mom?" Sandip was shocked. Sandip " But we have created room for you. I thought you will like it." Isha said with strange determination " No I will sleep here." Sandip smiled and nodded. But Sandip didn't like it. So Isha slept in Tanuja's room. Tanuja was feeling so sleepy that she didn't understand anything. But Nurse didn't look pleased about it. Nurse " I am getting paid just to keep watch on patient not to babysit." Sandip was so frustrated. He slowly came near Isha and told her " Mom is sick I can't keep you here." Isha started crying. Finally Nurse said "Okay Fine!! Just for today." Sandip looked little relaxed. Sandip " Don't worry her Grandmother will come tomorrow." So Isha stayed there and also slept near by in sleeping bag. Sandip felt so strange. He bought such big house but his family was simple in just one room and he got entire house to sleep alone. He felt that this house might be cursed.
         In night Isha woke up. She shivered with fear when she sensed shadow on other side of window. She sensed that something was standing against it. She began to shake like leaf. She sensed that there was something on other side of glass. She couldn't see it. At beginning it seemed so small. But it started to become bigger like some strange shape. She was so scared. She started to go near glass when she heard strange sound. It seemed like animal. But soon she understood it all. It was a monster. Half human and half animal. She shivered with fear. She started searching for weapon and also some sign of God to stop it. Then she ran out of room. She took kitchen knife and tied picture of God to it. Then she went in room. She saw that shape was still on other side of window. She decided that she should woke up someone. She went near her Mom. She tried to woke her up but she didn't then slowly window started to get pushed by that shadow. She began to sense fear. She understood all. Her Mom was not waking up due to that special power. She shivered with fear. But she knew that if this evil managed to enter in house, she needed to act brave and punish it. She took hold of knife and opened window. Then without second thought she took hold of that thing and started hitting it. She felt pain in hand due to it's attack. She sensed that some live was struggling to survive under her hand. She sensed it's desperate efforts and it's loud screams. But she didn't care. She just kept hitting it with closed eyes. She sensed that some liquid was spreading on her face. But she didn't care. She just kept hitting and hitting until it was not over. She took breath of relief when finally it was over. Then she heard loud screams. Nurse was screaming. She looked at her and smiled. She said " Don't worry I killed that monster." Then that nurse started calling Sandip. Tanuja tried to open her eyes but she couldn't. That Nurse screamed " I am not staying here. Your daughter is monster!! She is eating cat." Sandip was shocked when he saw Isha with knife and her face was full of blood. Isha was confused then she looked at her hand. She saw a body of cat in worst condition. She saw that she managed to took out every part of cat's body. She shivered. She kept screaming. Sandip came running towards her. He tried to calm down her but she kept screaming. It was so horrible. He was so scared. Tanuja also began to try to move. But Nurse took hold of her and said " Stay calm and go to sleep." Tanuja " What happened to my daughter? "She had a nightmare." After hearing this Tanuja nodded. She wanted to wake up but that dose didn't let her wake up. She went to sleep again. Sandip took Isha in another room. She kept screaming. She didn't understand his any suggestion. It seemed as if she was stuck on that point. He called Doctor and told him entire thing. It was nearly 2 o'clock of morning. Doctor was so frustrated and sleepy. Doctor " We can't do anything now. We can take her to hospital in morning." Sandip was shocked at suggestion of waiting. He surely knew that she would become more sick if they waited. " But can't you prescribed something to calm down her?" Doctor " Don't you understand how risky it would be for your daughter? Do you want to hurt your daughter for entire life just for your one night's sleep?!!" " It's not about me. It's about her. She could spend entire night screaming like that." Doctor also heard her scream from background. Doctor " Okay tell me your address I sent ambulance. You can admit both family members in hospital." Sandip nodded. Then he waited when ambulance came he took them both in it. Isha was screaming entire time. Nurse " My God!! This way she will finally damage her throat and she could even lost her voice." Sandip was so scared. Finally they went in hospital. They admitted Tanuja in physical unit and Isha was taken in pediatrics ward. Soon she was given medicines. Psychiatrist came there and asked Sandip "Did she acted like that before?" "No." " Now relax. Now she is sleeping. Let's chat about it with her tomorrow." Sandip nodded. During that night he kept running from one ward to another. Next morning when Isha woke up, she started crying. She told Psychiatrist how did she killed cat by mistake. Psychiatrist talked with her for long time. Then he came out and said " Nothing is wrong with your daughter. She just kept faith on superstitions and thought cat is monster. Don't worry I feel after this counseling session. I will call her for few times. You can take her home today." Sandip nodded. Then he received call from his Mom. Grandma " Where are you? I am standing before your house." He told all. Grandma " Nonsense. This is lucky house . It will make you rich." " Really Mom?!! But it made me poor. I might lose my salary of few days." Grandma didn't say anything for sometime then said " I will come and took Isha with me back to our house." " Do as you wish but keep her away from those superstitions." When Grandma came, she said that she would stay in same house with Isha." Isha nodded. Grandma decided to fight against superstitions from that day only. Tanuja also returned home with different Nurse since first Nurse was scared of Isha. She felt that Isha was monster who was eating cat and Sandip didn't have time to explain. Clearly she was going to start another superstition but no one had time to stop it.
                                                                                   The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6953. One dream can bring

                            One dream can bring  One dream can bring hope to our mind start new path with direction of life show new way to ...