Saturday, December 8, 2018

Adventure story. 374. Selfish Boy

                                                Selfish Boy
Yamini was counting days on Calender. She began to count day to day on it. She started writing on how did she supposed to pack kid's bags. She began to wrote everything properly on Calendar. She knew that she had to write down every thing by date. She wanted it to be proper. She knew that kids supposed to do it by themselves. But she didn't have much options. She didn't want her kids to be punished at school. She began to wrote everything down when suddenly her daughter Rati appeared. Rati looked at her with anger. " Mom why did you pack my bag in wrong way? I know that I supposed to pack it but you took this job willingly. If you don't want to do it then don't do it." " I don't understand what you are talking about?" " Mom today you kept all wrong books and I kept getting punishment entire day." Yamini was shocked. "But I kept all according to Monday." " Monday?!! Mom today is Saturday?!!" " Saturday?!!" Yamini was so confused. Yamini " This is impossible. I remember very well. I am packing your books on Monday which came after Sunday." Rati started to get irritated. "Mom I told you once today is Saturday why did you want to argue with me?" " But I know it. Yesterday I cooked your favourite pasta!! " " No Mom. Yesterday you cooked Brinjal curry." She was confused. She didn't remember those days. She started to remember them but she couldn't. She shivered with fear. It  couldn't be happening with her. She was so confused. She started looking at Calender again. She started counting her marks. Soon she noticed that Calendar had those marks she just didn't remember them. Rati " Mom I can understand your situation." She was more confused. " My situation?!! What about my situation?" " You can't stay here entire day just watching Calendar." " I know but I am confused about dates." Rati started looking frustrated. " Okay fine. Just relax sometimes such things happen. You just forgot few things. Well!! Nothing is big in it." Yamini was so confused and frustrated. She shivered with fear. She knew that it was not something small. She looked at her daughter and suddenly she sensed that she was trying to console her like kid. She began to feel angry. Yamini " This is not small thing and I knew it very well. I am not your kid. I am your Mom so no need to act over smart with me." Rati was so shocked by this outburst. Rati " I don't understand what is my mistake when I complaint you feel I am creating big issue out of small thing." "Stop dragging issue.." " See now you feel we are dragging it." Yamini was so angry that she felt as if she was trapped. She started to scream on Rati. " Enough I heard enough of your nonsense. From tomorrow you can pack your bags." Rati nodded and said " Thanks." Then Rati went angrily out of room. Rati was clearly frustrated. Yamini was watching Calendar when her husband Subhash entered. Subhash " What happened? Why you are taking so much stress?!! Just relax. Kids will do it on their own. I will help them." She was more upset. It became clear to her that her daughter managed to complaint to her father immediately so Subhash was standing before her and trying to protect Rati. He knew that if she started to give punishment sometimes she became harsh. But she felt that it was needful. Kids required to be disciplined too. Yamini " Okay so your daughter did complaint against me behind my back." Subhash looked genuinely scared. Subhash " She didn't complaint. I was near door so I heard all." " So you were spying on me?!!" " Sorry!!" She was shocked. He was clearly confessing regarding spying. It was so strange. He never acted like that." Actually I heard your voices and got curious." " Curious?!! Regarding what? I am not going to kill her. I am not going to hit her with stick. I am not psychopath. " " No..no I never say anything like that. I was just concerned about you." " Regarding what?" Subhash smiled nothing specific. " I was just asking normal question." She decided to ignore him. She began to look at Calendar. She was so confused. She didn't remember those days. " I don't understand why did I keep forgetting those days." Subhash smiled and said " Come on go to sleep.." " Go to sleep? And who will cook breakfast tomorrow without preparation?" " We have cook." " What since when we kept cook? I don't like such wastage of money. We don't need cook." Sabhush " But we needed to cook when you were sick." " Yes you will need it when I will become sick. But why did you feel I will get sick?!!" Subhash gave her shocked look. Subhash " I mean you are sick!! Don't you remember?!! What?" He didn't say anything. He was so confused. He didn't understand what he supposed to do. Then Rati came in and said " Sorry Mom it was my mistake. I will do it from tomorrow as you instructed." She smiled. She decided that she should not act so harsh with her little girl. " Where is Rohit?" They all looked more confused now. Subhash " He is in his room." " Call him. I want to talk with him." Subhash turned towards her and said " Why don't you relax? May I should call Doctor?" " No need. I am perfect. How many times I need to say I am fine." They nodded and went out of room.
      Rati shivered and turned to Subhash. " What's wrong with her? She is acting as if nothing had happened." " I don't understand. I did as per her suggestions. I removed all mirrors." "But Dad they are just few scars nothing big!! Many people have scars on their face. Do you feel they are so ugly?" Subhash looked frustrated. " Do you think it is about my view? At first I was upset but it was first reaction now I don't feel anything wrong. But she is not acting normal." " And Rohit? What about him? He is acting so strange. Avoiding her as if she is some monster!! Just for those little bit scars?!! I don't understand that boy!!" " He is small." "Small?!! He is in 8 th standard. In two years he will be in college he is acting like toddler!!" Subhash angrily " Not like toddler. Toddler don't even notice those scars. They just love their Mom." "We must do something. We can't do anything for few months. Doctor said clearly she must be perfect for that operation and it's costly too." " Yes. It is going to be big financial burden on us." " If only Rohit could understand it." " I don't understand why he is creating such big issue for so small scar!!" " Well I think I need to talk with him now." Rati nodded. They both entered in Rohit's room. Rohit gave them angry look. Rohit " What did you want?" Subhash was so angry by his arrogance. He sensed that he managed to pamper his son too much. " I am your Dad and you are still minor so I have right to come in your room." Rohit started to get more upset. " How could you talk like this with me? I am big enough to understand what is right and what is wrong? And lot more than you. I know very well that I should not drive if I don't know how to do it!!" Subhash was so shocked. Subhash "Are you blaming me for accident?" " Do you have any doubt about it? Every one know it was your mistake. You turn car in wrong way." Subhash started to get angry. Subhash " I was trying to save animal!!" " Yes and in view to save it you managed to put your entire family in death trap. Even changed your wife's face into some Monster Mask of holloween!!" Rati " Stop it. She is not that ugly. There are just few scars on her face." " Really just few scars!! If I put her photo on internet and call her acid victim then people will start sending money to her." Subhash and Rati was shocked at Rohit's cruel attitude. He didn't seem possessed kind heart at all. He was cruel to his Mom and now he was even taunting innocent girls who were subjected to cruelty of throwing acid. Subhash " What is wrong with you? Did you lost sympathy from your soul?" Rohit smiled and said " Yes may be I will become culprit of throwing acid on some beautiful face one day after all I am your son you have done same thing to my Mom." Rati shivered with fear. She took hold of Subhash's hand and pressed it. Subhash looked at her when she pointed at hall. He nodded and they went in hall for further discussion. Rati " Dad seriously trust me Rohit needs medical help and do it before he could cause harm to anyone." " Come on. He is just your little brother Rohit!!" Subhash said it with smile but his smile vanished as soon as he sensed that Rati was serious. " Do you feel that he could become acid attacker on some girl?!!" " Dad I heard his conversation yesterday on mobile. I wasn't snooping but can't avoid hearing it since sadly we share same bedroom. Trust me Dad we need bigger house more than plastic surgery. I can't stay with that psychopath entire time. He kept saying strange things." " What happened?" " He called someone and discussing about some girl whom he started to like." " At such a young age?!!" " Come on Dad!! We are not discussing suitable age of choosing bride. I know he is too young so it is not promising issue. But after accident he started to act strange so she wanted to break up with him." Subhash was so frustrated. " At this age if they started choosing partner I can't hope they will survive." " Dad it's not like that. I have my friend whose partners were childhood friends. They were couple from school." " Okay..okay I am little bit orthodox." " But issue is that she wanted to break up and he is planning punishment." Now Subhash shivered. " You can't say that he will do something like that?!!" " I don't say anything. If you want to wait and watch, then do it but from today I am shifting in hall." Subhash " No need to sleep in hall. I will sleep in your room. You can sleep with Mom." " But Mom will ask questions!!" " Don't worry I will handle it. I need to keep watch on Rohit." Rati nodded happily. She always wanted to sleep in bedroom with her parents but she was too old for it so she never dared to ask. Now she got chance. She immediately went in bedroom to chat with Mom. She always loved her Mom.
      Yamini was confused when Rati hugged her and started telling her that she would share bedroom with her. Yamini " That's great. But what happened?" Rati was confused. She didn't understand how did she supposed to answer this question. Truthfully it was not easy. She didn't understand how much Mom remember. "Mom Rohit is acting strange way.." She told entire episode without mentioning her Mom's face. Yamini " I must go and talk with him." Rati took hold of Yamini's hand. " Not now Mom. Not now!!" " But why did you want to stop me? I am his Mom and he deserve punishment now." " Mom let Dad try to handle it first." "Really?!! Since when Subhash become hero of household?!!" Rati was confused now. But Yamini pushed away her hand. Then she angrily went towards Rohit's room. Rati kept screaming and telling " Mom don't go." Rohit heard her screams. He shivered. He knew that she was coming. He couldn't forget that scar. He could easily imagine many horrible and ugly things coming out of it. He took deep breath. He started convincing himself. She was not going to come in room. But then he began to get so tense. He decided that he should not stop there. He ran away towards door. Yamini was shocked to see him running out of house in night gown. She screamed " Where are you going in that night gown? At least wear decent dress." But he just vanished away. She screamed angrily " What's wrong with this boy?" Rati was shocked too. Subhash also started running after him. Yamini screamed on him " Now I don't want you to act just like your son. Just go and wear decent clothes." Subhash was confused. But he got better idea. He called watchman and told him to stop Rohit. Then every one ran towards gate including Yamini in night gowns. But when they reached to gate, injured watchman was sitting on ground near gate. People from road were helping him. Many people assumed that Rohit was some thief who entered in society. They called Cops. Cop came and started inquiring. He began to ask questions in causal way. Many people of Society came down after hearing Police siren. They all started looking at Yamini. Every one looked scared and disgusted on first instinct but in few moments all adjusted to her face. They began to inquire with extra sympathy. But Yamini sensed something was wrong with her face. She decided that she must watch it so she said that she was not feeling well. Every one immediately agreed. Few women from society suggested that they would give her company but she denied it sweetly. One lady said in anger " How could Rohit act so unreasonable. He is such horrible son. She did so much for him and he didn't care. He is nothing like Subhash or Yamini." Another woman " Yes. Just Rati have their kind and friendly nature." " Maybe he went after his grandfather I heard Subhash's father was not such a nice man.." Yamini was so upset. She didn't like the way conversation was moving. She just sensed that it took wrong turn. She was so upset. Her father-in-law was involved in some frauds but he paid very price for it by getting punishment. Subhash was never involved in it. But claiming entire money they got was by frauds was most outrageous comment. Her father-in-law worked hard and became rich. But when he became rich only he became greedy too. Subhash told her about changes in him. They got flat but he wanted Bangalow. His greedy managed to change him. Her father-in-law cheated few people. Her mother-in-law managed to handle many things. But some issue were still remained open. People were still blaming but she knew that they didn't have any money from fraud. She was so upset when she reached in her house that she didn't went to mirror immediately.  She kept taking deep breath for sometime. Then she slowly turned to mirror. She was shocked to see her face. It was ugly and full of scars. She screamed with fear and she was about to break mirror when Rati took  hold of her from behind. Rati " Mom what are you doing? You will hurt yourself." " I am so ugly." " Mom you have just few scars due to accident." Then she started to remember all. She started to remember it step by step like some horror film. She began to hear those crashes then shattering of that glass. Then she remembered those pains when that glass cut in her skin. She began to sense all those horror. She wanted to escape those pains who were alive. She screamed loudly. She started to keep her face safe. Soon every thing became black and she understood her legs could no longer support her.
       Subhash heard her scream. He was so scared. He ran towards lift. Cop started to follow him. Slowly entire society started to follow him. It was so scary. He didn't understand what was wrong. Soon people sensed that lift was small so few entered. Some waited but many returned to home. They needed to go to office next day. It was tiring. Subhash was not concerned about any one. He just wanted to reach to his home. When he came near flat, he was breathless. Cop said " Relax your wife didn't scream again. I feel she is fainted. Don't take so much stress or you will suffer from heart attack. " Subhash started take deep breath and said " I can't die now. My family needs me." " No one wanted to die but it happens if you took too much stress." Subhash looked so confused. He wanted to stop getting tense but truthfully it was not in his hand. He was so upset. Then finally he reached in house. Rati called him and said " Mom saw her face and felt scared then fainted." Cop " We must call Doctor." Society member immediately called Doctor. Subhash managed to put Yamini on bed. He was so confused. Then Cop asked " What happened tell me all?" Subhash took deep breath. Subhash "  We went on vacation to relax. Every thing was pleasant. We bought some stuff from there. I bought special gift for my one customer come friend. When he heard about it, he was so pleased that he invited my entire family for dinner. We decided to go there. During dinner I don't drank any alcohol. I always go with traffic rules. But I might have eaten too much or maybe I too tired but I started to feel sleepy while driving. I sense it but I am helpless since I came half distance ahead from friend's house. I can't just park car on road with two ladies sitting in it and my wife didn't do much driving on road. I thought that I can manage to reach next corner. But my guess was wrong." Subhash shivered. Rati completed it for him. Rati " Dad went to sleep on wheel and he took wrong turn and our car had accident." Subhash started crying. Cop " What about your son? Did something happened to his brain too?" Subhash was confused. " I don't know but at that time every one was hurt but no one was as seriously hurt as Yamini since her seatbelt was broken. She tried to use thread as substitute but it was useless on point of accident." Cop said angrily " If making of seatbelt is so easy why people waste money on it? Don't you have little common sense!!" Subhash gave sad smile. Subhash " In excitement of vacation we forgot every thing." Cop " Did you went to psychiatrist?" Subhash " I never thought about it. I was so busy in handling physical problems." Another neighbour " But now you must think about it. We are people of modern century. We go to psychiatrist." " True after so much crisis anyone have nervous breakdown." " Actually I don't understand why didn't Doctor told it before?!!" " Because she needed to be physically fit." Subhash "No. On that point she was fine. She was little bit depressed but fine." Then every one sat around. They all had busy schedule but they wanted to listen and Cop started to understand case. " When she saw her face for first time, she cried a lot. But then she controlled herself. She started to ask about home. How did we manage things? She personally suggested maid since she didn't want Rati to be burden. Rohit was useless according to her. She was truthful about it. Rohit was truly a spoiled child. We never sense when it happened. We didn't do it with intention but it happened. Rati kept taking responsibilities and Rohit kept denying them." Subhash took deep breath to control his emotions. Then he said " He managed to create different problems. He began to show hate towards his Mom. When he saw her first time, he literally began to abuse her. He was not just calling her ugly. He called her Monster. On her face he said that she was better to be dead than alive like that. Then she started to act strange. Yesterday when we brought her back home, she slept in afternoon. She woke up and started saying that it was day before accident. She didn't kept maid. When she kept this maid personally, she choose her carefully." Every one was shocked. Cop " Did you ever feel your son might need psychiatrical help?" "What is it normal?" On that time for first time Subhash sensed that something was wrong with his son.
       Cop slowly looked at Subhash and said. " Did you checked your report regarding alcohol after drinking?" " Yes. I was not drunk." " You were not drunk but there was some drug in your blood. It might be some antidepressants tablet. Do you take them?" " No..no I never take them." Then Subhash said " My friend whom I used to visit take them sometimes." "Actually when your son was running away after hitting watchman I was coming to you to Police station for enquiry. Since we want to know who prescribed you this medicine." " No one prescribed me any medicine and I never took it." " I know it since your chemist denied it. And your son even attacked your watchman. He is clearly not normal. So on that point sensed that you are not lying because before vanishing your son kept screaming " That Monster is coming for revenge." Rati suddenly spoke " Actually the girlfriend whom I mentioned.." Rati suddenly stopped. Subhash screamed " Come on say it." " Your friend's daughter is his girlfriend and he wanted us to stop at night in their home. You remember our plan which was changed due to your work." "Yes.." Cop " Luckily in this case just your wife is injured partly so if you decide to send your son to Psychiatrist.." " But my son is missing!!" Another neighbour " And what about watchman? You need to compensate him too." Cop nodded. Cop " You are right. He is hurt too. But that is separate case. After this I will close accident case and for this you need to do different settlement." Every one nodded. Subhash " I know that I need to compensate. I know that I need to compensate for everyone's mistake. First I have compensated for my father's mistake then I need to compensate for my son's mistake. My life is just becoming big burden." Rati hugged him and started crying. Subhash " Don't worry. I will not do suicide. I love you and your Mom so much that I can't give them pain." On that spot Doctor came. Cop explained all to him. Doctor " This happened due to trauma. I feel she will fine when she woke up. Still I wrote some medicine just in case but remember one thing this medicine will make you disoriented so don't eat then while driving or cooking.." Subhash started laughing and Doctor looked at him with confused expression. Then he controlled himself. On that point Cop told him that Rohit was caught by Police. Cop " At this point there is no official complaint against him. You can take him to Psychiatrist." Subhash nodded. Subhash went away with Cop. Before going he looked at Rati with tense expression. Rati gave smile and nodded. Then Rati sat with Yamini for sometime. Slowly one by one neighbour started to go back. Finally Rati sat in silent house. She felt better this way. She started moving hand on Yamini's face. Then she suddenly woke up. At first Yamini looked confused then she sat with sad smile. " I don't understand how could I forget all that. Maybe because it was too much." Rati " Mom it is not as simple as it seemed." Yamini " I know. I heard all while sleeping." " But we are in hall?!!" Yamini gave sad smile and said " But ears are strong and your voices were loud due to excitement. Will you call watchman?" " Why Mom? You are not fine." " I am okay. I can't stay in bed like that and let just your Dad suffer." Rati nodded. Rati called watchman. Yamini talked with him. Watchman was willing to take compensation since Yamini offered big sum. Yamini took deep breath. " Finally one problem is solved." Rati "How could Rohit act so selfish?!! His entire phobia is created due to his guilt." Yamini took deep breath and said " First accept one thing. That it is his nature we can't change it otherwise you will also start suffering from problem." Rati nodded. Yamini " Rohit is selfish by nature and it lead to such big trouble. We need to hope he will improve now." " But Mom what if he did it again?!!" Yamini gave her alert look. " Don't think like that now Doctor will cure him enough he don't do that mistake again." Rati took deep breath. She was clearly scared. Rati " Maybe we should send him to hostel?!!" Yamini " Don't worry!! At this point he is going to stay in hospital for few days when he would come back we will decide." Rati nodded. But she was too scared to face him again. He became Monster to her.
                                                                                       The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6953. One dream can bring

                            One dream can bring  One dream can bring hope to our mind start new path with direction of life show new way to ...