Saturday, July 9, 2016

Adventure story 249. Sad summer

                                                                   Sad summer
Rucha started cooking. Tarun was so happy when he heard sound of her ornaments. It was so sweet sound. It was making his house alive. He had shifted in town for such long time. He was staying with him parents and brother. Then he had nice house. But his parents decided that their home was too small. It was better if he got shifted as soon as he got married. But when Rucha came, she got friendly with every one. Every one began to think that she was perfect. They no longer wanted separate house for Tarun. He began to feel so happy to get such a nice wife. He was on top of the world. She was so considerate. He knew that she must be cooking now. He woke up early every day to cook breakfast for his brother. Then he sensed that some thing was wrong. Rucha was still sleeping near him. He knew that it must be his Mom. He looked at Rucha. It was really strange. She never slept so long. But then it was due to some health trouble. Any way she might needed some rest. He suddenly felt that he was selfish. He never thought she might need rest. She was working so hard for him and his family. He just never thought that she might needed some rest. Then he decided that she might check her temperature. He went near her. She looked so tired by her face. But she didn't have temperature. Tarun " What happened? Are you alright?" " Yes. But I am feeling so tired. I just want to rest in bed. " " Of course. You can take rest. Mom will manage today." Rucha smiled and said "Thanks." Tarun went in kitchen. His Mom was clearly upset by turn of events. His Mom in angry voice "What's wrong with her?" "She is feeling sick?" " I just don't feel that it is going to work with me. Until yesterday she was fine suddenly today she was sick since I have invited by guests. When she invited some one. I always helped her. Now this is not fair." "Mom she is really sick." " This is not just for today." Tarun was confused now. He was away from home for a week so he didn't know what Rucha was doing for those seven days. His Mom " As soon as you went away, she started sleeping on every day." "What?" " Yes that is truth on every point. She was just pretended before you." "Mom it is not possible. I went out before but she never acted this way." " I don't know but this time. She just kept sleeping and eating. It was really strange. I mean she just kept sleeping like that. I can understand person is lazy but she just never come out. She just kept sleeping. I just felt so tense. Few times I went in room and asked her if she was fine, she just nodded. It was too much. Tarun I want you and your wife to shift in different house." " But Mom?" " Try to understand Tarun I don't want argument and if she kept acting like that finally I will argue so please stay in other house." His Mom returned back to her work. But Tarun sensed that there was no chance for argument. So he went back in room. Rucha was still sleeping. He decided that he would disturbed her now. He needed to make other arrangement in that house. After all one day he was going to do that why didn't he do it now. He convinced his heart and started getting ready for packing. Rucha was watching him. But she was hardly interested in questioning him. He finally told her all. She didn't react just nodded and went back to sleep. He just felt that she must be sick so he decided that he would do all packing. After all she deserved it after her hard work. He could clearly sense that his family didn't value her work so he had to do that he started doing all packing by himself.
    Tarun's Mom was watching it all. She felt that it was strange. Few days ago Rucha was working with much dedication that she personally thought that Rucha was best. She was even thinking to give her all responsibilities. She felt that she got best daughter-in-law she could retire now. But her few friends warned her about it. They said that she must wait for few days. Then summer came and on first day Rucha changed her style. On first day she started sleeping. Tarun's Mom was so confused. She could clearly see weight gain in her. Rucha was never slim but now she started getting too much weight. Tarun's Mom didn't want to comment on it. But she felt one thing that she couldn't stop herself from saying. Finally when he started going out she called Tarun. Mom " I don't know what I am suppose to say. But it is not about her laziness. She is not acting like normal person. Can't you see it? I mean she is sleeping like that whole day. Did you talk with her?" " No. I thought she should relax." His Mom took things out of her hand. Mom " Forget packing and talk to her. Then you will understand what I am trying to tell you." Tarun was so confused. But he nodded. He sat near Rucha. "Rucha are you too tried?" She just nodded. Then she spoke " Do you feel it as I do?" " What?" "World is so useless. We all are going to die one day. We are just moving around like some stupid ants which will crush one day by big hand of god. God just smash us in cruel way. Can you feel that sorrow now at this moment? " "What are you saying? God is not cruel. He had gifted us with life and we can reborn again and again." Rucha gave one strange smile. " And who told you that? Your Mom?" " Rucha!! you can't insult my Mom like that?" " Come on. It is not about your Mom. It is about all Mothers. My Mom taught same thing and my Dad agreed to this all but we all know they were lying." " And how did you know? Did god make in your dream and explain it?" Rucha once again gave sad smile. " I wish it was this simple. But life told me this all. I can sense it. Every thing is going to end so I just don't want to move around. I feel so sad from my soul my whole life is damaged by this truth. Still I will not stop. Trust me. I will not kill myself. But then sometimes I wish I just die today instead of tomorrow. I am burden on you all." " Who said this to you? Did my Mom said something?" " No..no..she was telling me to go to movie or she even suggested a picnic." Rucha gave one more sorrowful smile. " I am no longer concern about those picnics. " Tarun was shocked. One thing was clear. His Mom tried every thing. But it didn't work. Rucha " I just want to sleep. I am feeling hungry. Can you bring some thing for me?" He nodded. He went in kitchen. His Mom immediately gave him food. His Mom " So now you can sense it? What I am trying to tell you that she is not acting like normal person. She kept talking like that. Do you feel it is natural?" Tarun " Mom she is little bit upset. She will become normal after some time. " " If you think so then let her stay here. I feel it is better if she stay before my eyes. I feel scared to keep her alone." Somewhere in heart Tarun agreed with Mom. Tarun " Thanks Mom. But if she cause any trouble then.." " I will handle it." His Mom smiled." I am always there for you. Just don't worry." He went in room and gave this good news to Rucha but she was not just interested. She took food from his hand and started eating. She was eating in strange way as if she didn't manage to eat for days. He sensed something was wrong but then he decided that he would talk about it later. He just decided to wait for some time. He didn't want to push so fast after all their relationship was not that much long. He wanted some days to understand what she was feeling. He gave her a sweet smile and went in hall. He just took remote and started watching TV. But in his heart he was still just thinking about Rucha. He was not watching that TV at all. It was just big cover to hide his tension for some time.
     Tarun decided from that day he would pay personal attention to Rucha. It was important to him. He sensed one thing that she needed full attention from him. He must move ahead with care. He sensed one thing that his wife needed attention. He turned towards her. Tarun " Are you alright?" Rucha just didn't said any thing. She just kept looking at sky. She felt relaxed from heart. She didn't want open her mouth. He noticed that dishes were still in corner. She didn't even wash dishes. It was so strange. He sensed for first time. His Mom must had to do it all. She had to work hard. He never expected such negligence from Rucha. But she seemed so different. He knew that something was not right with her. Tarun " I thought you might like to do out. We can enjoy some outing. " Rucha looked towards him. She had strange sorrow in her eyes. Rucha " I just feel so tired. I just feel as if moving my hand was largest burden for me. I can go out." " But why?" "I don't know. I just feel as if my whole world was finished. I want to built something good but I can't. I need to breathe. It is so hard even to breathe." He looked at her face. She was strange combination. She managed to get weight but at same time she seemed like kind of weak. It seemed as if she managed to age in a week. It was not her health but it was her mind. He just sensed one thing. That she might heard some thing sad and she was hiding it from him. That looked like perfect cause to him. He just didn't understand cause behind this all. He never understood what was troubling her since she must be trying to hide it. He just didn't understand why. He was getting so much upset at every step by her. He just wanted her to express herself easily. He tried hard. But still he sensed that few times she tried to hide something. She tried to hide her concerns. It was clear that she didn't trust him fully. She just wanted to hide many things from him. She just smiled before him while hiding pains. He decided that he must talk to her and understand her trouble. He kept talking with her. But she just kept telling him that she was depressed since world was so sad. She just kept thinking about her thoughts. She started telling him about so many worst things in world. She just kept describing it all that slowly even he started feeling depressed. He just said bye and stood up. He looked at watch. He decided that waiting with Rucha was useless. He needed to go to office instead of that. He turned to kitchen. His Mom " It is better if you go to office. She kept sleeping like that and eating whole day. I feel we might show her to some nice Doctor." " Mom you are right? Can you call Doctor? I will wait for him then go." " No..No..I have already called once. He said she is fine. But I was suggesting since she might need more treatment. I mean some blood tests or scans. We never able to guess what is happening inside our body by watching from outside." He nodded. He felt so tensed by this. He sensed one thing that he needed to work hard but he needed to do job. He couldn't leave his job just because his wife was so sad and depressed. "Mom are you sure that she will become over burden for you? I mean she is not normal." " I know but I feel that she need treatment and for it we need money and you are sole bread earner of this family. You need to understand to earn. We can't managed to earn that much money unless you work." Tarun nodded. She understood his mother's advice. They were not poor but if he stopped earning then he would create trouble for them. He decided that his Mom would take care of Rucha who was just sleeping and eating. Tarun " But Mom she is eating too much." His Mom smiled " Now don't worry. I have cooked for many people with this hand. I am handle your one wife. She is not eating that much. Now go." She pushed Tarun towards door. He nodded and smiled. He was glad that his Mom helped but he was not sure about other family member. After all she was not normal and every body was going to sense it soon.
    Rucha just kept looking at ceiling. She knew that she was feeling depressed on each point. She was so sad. She needed to understand depression. She started to sense those sorrows on each point. She began to start sense  those sad expressions in life. She kept looking at those sad feelings. She started to understand those touches feelings. She was sure that she needed to start to understand those emotions. She used to feel them on every time in every summer. She felt as if this weather was hard on her at every step. She knew that she would not cope easily in it. She remembered all those times when her Mom use to scream on her. She wanted to tell this all to Tarun. Her Mom objected but she still disobeyed her. She told him all but he laughed on her and now he seemed to be forgotten all this. Then she sensed some one came in her room. She didn't moved back. She was too tried for it. Then she heard voice of her mother-in-law. She felt one thing that she might needed to tell it to her mother-in-law. His Mom " Are you alright?" " Actually Mom I will not lie to you. It happens to me on every summer and by next season I am normal." " What?" " I told this to Tarun before marriage but he didn't seem to tell it to you. He couldn't forget it. Can he?" " I don't know but I feel he never took you seriously. Any way have you seen any Doctor about it?" She looked so confused. She started shivering. " Doctor? Why? Do you feel that I am sick? Something seriously wrong with me? Do you feel I am having some thing like cancer? I felt so much scared of death. I just can't imagine what will happen to me if die. I don't know but then what is difference between being dead and alive both are same for me. I just feel worst." " I don't mean serious but we must visit Doctor. I mean I feel our family Doctor must be called again." Rucha just kept quiet. Mom went to phone and dialed number. Doctor took her phone. Mom told him all. Mom " Can you some on home visit?" " Actually I will not since I am useless to you. I mean I have checked her. I know she is physically fit so what is use of my knowledge there? Last time I didn't said it to you since I hoped that it might reduce and my doubt might wrong. But since you are telling me all this I am sure it is right. She is having some mental trouble." "What? How serious is it? Will she harm others?" Doctor started laughing. " Who told you this nonsense? Some fiction movie? Why don't you read those things which they write before movie that it is all fiction?" "Sorry Doctor. I just felt so scared. I just want to confirm. Any way what is her trouble?" " Just one thing that she didn't want to do any thing during this time." "What?" " Yes.She just wanted to sleep and eat. She might get too fatty and most importantly she became just showpiece for you which even needed to fed by you. I just feel one thing that Tarun did biggest mistake by marrying her. But you can still move away from them. I mean give them separate house and get rid of her." Mom was so scared after hearing this. She just didn't want to leave her son behind. She decided that she would talk with her husband who went away with his friend to some picnic. She called him. He was so happy when she called. She didn't want to spoil him fun but she didn't have option so she told him. Dad " What? That Doctor is crazy. We will search another Doctor and she will just fine. Just don't tell this Tarun until I don't come. We will tell it together and what about Kishor? Did he returned from his school." " No he is still in school. We need to tell him too." " Yes but try to make it mild or he will get scared just like you. Try to understand we need to handle it all. She is our family now." " I know." When Mom disconnected phone, she felt confidant. She decided to search for nice psychiatrist. She started remembering all her friends and relatives with hope to find some psychiatrist.
     Tarun's Mom searched hard but she didn't find any person who could help her. Then finally she remembered her one friend. She was pediatrician but she always used to tell about kids but once she even mentioned that she had send some kid to psychiatrist so one thing was sure that she knew psychiatrist. Mom " Hello Isha is it you?" " Of course who else. What happened?" She told all to her. " My god what are you waiting for take her to psychiatrist and don't believe that Doctor!! You can live with her. Depression have risk of suicide. There are just few limited case who harmed others. In case of your daughter-in-law I hardly feel that she was scary. I just feel she is getting lazy. Wait I gave you a number. Take her to this psychiatrist. She will tell you how to handle it." " It is that easy." " Not easy!! But so you feel handling blood pressure and diabetics is easy. " " No." "But you handle it." "Yes." " Then what are you waiting for take her to psychiatrist now." " Just by myself." " So what you need a battalion to visit a psychiatrist!! Come on psychiatrist is not lion who will eat you. They are nice and sweet to talk. You can't tell your son take leave. Trust me they talk sweetly but large large amount. " " Ohh really?" " Yes I will lie to you. You can go to cheaper psychiatrist but quality of counselling will change. More expensive better quality." Tarun's Mom got confused. She suddenly felt that by calling her she did mistake. She sensed that her friend was trying to grab her money. She felt for first time suddenly her friend was no longer a true friend. Tarun's Mom " I need some time to think." " Think? What the hell? Don't you care for your daughter-in-law? You are killing her for money. Don't you understand value of life?" " I will call you later." Then she just disconnected her call. She was so tense when her husband called her again. He said that his friend gave him one number. She wrote it. " And take her now with you?" Now this line scared her. " But?" " No need of this but. Do you remember Ashutosh?" She remembered one small boy who used to come and play with her son. He was elder than them. "Yes." "He is psychiatrist so he will take personal care." She smiled happily. She called Ashutosh to talked with her in friendly way. Then he told her to give phone to Rucha. Ashutosh " Let me convince her. She might object." Tarun's Mom was confused. Tarun's Mom " Fine. I will try." She went in Rucha's room. Rucha was just watching in some unknown place. She was looking so old in few days. Tarun's Mom wanted to cry on her condition but she controlled her heart. Tarun's Mom " This is Ashutosh. Tarun's friend he want to talk to you." " I don't want to talk." Tarun's Mom talked in angry voice. " Can't you do this much for me?" She looked upset but she took phone. Ashutosh talked with her for some time. Tarun's Mom could see little change in her face but then it once again became sad and upset. But Tarun's Mom was so happy when she heard final words. Rucha said " Fine. I will come." Then she gave phone back to Tarun's Mom. She gave it in such a way as if she was picking up some thing of heavy iron. But Tarun's Mom was glad that she agreed to visit. When they went out, Rucha was so upset by sunlight. It was clear that she was upset since she didn't went out for so many days from house. It was really strange. How could she able to lock herself this way? But she went out with Tarun's Mom. When they reached to Ashutosh's clinic, they were scared. But when they went inside Ashutosh talked such friendly, he talked about his childhood. He talked about sweets that Tarun's Mom gave to him. Slowly he dragged Rucha in conversation. Soon one thing became clear that Rucha used to have this depression on every summer from childhood. Ashutosh chatted with them. Then finally Ashutosh told them " I will take her some tests. But I feel that this is seasonal depression." "What?" " Some people suffer due to it. It could be due to some hormones. But any way no need to go in scientific details. Just remember one thing that it is just for this season when summer goes then this will vanish by itself. " "But until then." "Don't worry. I will start my treatment. I will give some medicines but you need to take them with care Rucha since they have side effects." Mom " What side effect?" Ashutosh explained all without hiding any thing. " So every thing is clear to you. I prefer therapy over medicine." " I do same." "Good then I will began my treatment but don't worry just remember this thing in mind when summer will over. It will be gone." Tarun's Mom smiled happily then Ashutosh told her to go outside. She went there. Rucha came out after some time. She was little bit relieved but she was not normal. Tarun's Mom was tense. But then she looked at calendar. She saw just one month was left of summer. She smiled. She convinced herself it would over when summer get over. But then few days she started sensing changes. Every body was happy to see her little bit fine. Soon they decided that they would adjust with her slow work but then one day summer was over. She was herself again. Tarun was so happy. He just said one thing behind her when he was sure that she couldn't hear it. "I just wish only if summer never come." His brother came near him. " Don't think this way. Be positive. Think this that you got wife who care for your family even when she was in depression while other people got wives who never have depression but never care for their families." Tarun smiled and nodded. Tarun " My god!! You are talking so much like grown up now I need to call you Dada." Then every one started laughing. Rucha didn't hear their joke but she decided to laugh with them any way. From heart Tarun's Mom prayed to god that their laugh never stop on any day. They always stay like one family on every day.
                                                                     The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6956. Chapter bring sweet

                        Chapter bring sweet Chapter bring sweet touch to mind that form new brightness to path which create new light to min...