Saturday, October 27, 2018

Adventure story. 368. Owner of car

                                               Owner of car
Harish began to think hard. He was doing that crossword for much a long time. But he just couldn't able to get much success. He never understood why he could never manage to get crossword in proper way. It always managed to create trouble for him. His friend Kartik were so fond of Crosswords. When Kartik started to solve it, he always managed forget entire world. For Kartik only crossword used to survive. As if Crossword was nothing but source of his life. He saw that Kartik never seemed tense since he kept himself in that crossword which managed to reduce his tension. Harish saw it every day. Their Boss was abusive by nature. Day by day Harish started to find it hard to understand his attitude. From morning he began his work. He was always sincere about everything. He always had strange attitude. Harish never understood his anger. Harish was so frustrated by his attitude. But Kartik always kept cool mind due to crossword so Harish started to try to solve it too. But nothing seemed to work. He remembered once upon a time his grandfather used to play it in newspaper. He used to sit with Grandpa. Grandpa always claimed that he helped but truthfully he couldn't even able to locate one word. He just kept looking while his Grandpa used to finish puzzle. Actually his life had became puzzle too. He went in nice school where he made friends who were rich and had good reputation. He was not rich but still they liked him as object of curiosity. His problem seemed so interesting to them. Many friends tried to solve them due to their kindness. But he never liked it. He felt as if he was pet in their eyes. But still he kept taking their help and thanking them. In his soul he always hated them. He wanted to move over them. He knew that he had talent. He took even this job with one intention. He saw that they had office before club. He was looking out on every point an opportunity to get someone who would take him ahead. He started looking out again. Since he saw big, stylish car, he wanted to see who came out of it. He felt that from inside his key to wonderful future came out. It was his gut feeling. He always trusted his gut feeling. It was so frustrating. He needed to see that person immediately. First Driver came out and then door was opened. But before Harish could see person suddenly a car came. Harish knew that he must had to see that person. He knew that person was key to his future. He sensed it from his soul. He had to see face of that person. But it was too late that person was already inside. He felt so sad but then he assumed that he could see that car again. Then suddenly his Boss screamed " Why are you looking out of window like that?" He pointed that car and lied " I thought that it's our client's car. I thought that I might go and convince for contract again." Suddenly his Boss jumped with joy and started pushing him. " Go..go" Harish smiled and ran down. When he reached on road, he sensed that this person was an old woman. He sensed that his guess was untrue but still he decided to keep talking. He was so upset. He didn't want to at least go back to work so he came near her. He smiled and asked " Did I know you?" She looked confused. Then she smiled. " Of course. You are my nephew." Driver looked nervous. He tried to stop her. But that old lady took hold of his hand and started taking him inside. He didn't like that idea much in beginning. But when that lady started counting food items which were going to be ordered he just smiled and went inside. He began to feel his guess was right. He finally found key to his future. She took him towards seat near window. She forced him to sit against her. Then when he sat, she gave smile. " So let me order you my favourite soup." He nodded. Then she ordered it. He finished one bowl then she ordered another. He was so confused. He didn't want to drink more. It was tasty but it was time for food. But when he tried to object, she looked with such anger that she reminded him of old witch. He kept drinking and drinking until he finally didn't needed to vomit. When he came out of washroom, she was gone. He shivered with fear. He went near table. But that lady was not there. Waitress came out towards him and asked nicely " Are you okay sir? Do you want to order something to eat?" " Where is that lady with whom I was sitting? " " Your Auntie she went to her regular section of tarot cards reading." " Ohh she is tarot card reader?!!" " No sir!! Her friend is performing that art." He took deep breath of relaxation. He didn't want to take enmity with fortune teller. That waitress smiled and said " We all know she had special powers. Any way we must not mention them now. Her enemies might be around and they might harm her." " But why did she called me her nephew. I can't be her nephew." Waitress smiled. " Since you came to meet her on wrong time when she was waiting for nephew." He was so confused. But he just decided to run away so he ran out of hotel. He didn't stop until he finally entered in his office. Boss was waiting for him. Boss asked him immediately before entire office " Did you met our client?" He said without thinking in breathless way " No sir. She was witch." And every one started laughing loudly.
       Harish was so frustrated. He managed to make laughing stock of himself. He never wanted to say this. He knew that witch and warlock were just character of fantasy. He never believed it. His old grandmother used to tell him stories of witches from village but he knew that it was all fiction. But he still kept telling himself that no one heard him. But soon many members of staff gathered around him. " What was this issue about witch?" He was so nervous. He started to search for lie and soon he found one. " I was not talking about actual witch. It was just abuse." They all started laughing loudly. " But what did that old lady did to you?" He started remembering how did she forced him to drink that soup. He was so confused that he did willingly or she forced him. He decided that he must tell all. He told them entire incidence. His colleagues started laughing. " You went to fool her and she managed to fool you. She must have given money to that waiteress why else she was lying like that to you?" Harish smiled and nodded. Other colleague " What was her name?" Harish looked confused. He never asked it. Harish decided that they had discussed enough. Harish " I think we have discussed her a lot. We don't need further discussion."  He started to concentrate on work and luckily their Boss came at same time. He took breath of relief. He started working but that woman's face kept coming in his mind. She was completely crazy. She was calling him nephew. He made biggest mistake by going there. But why did he felt so attached to her. She had managed to hunt his thoughts. She was not attractive or she might had it inside her. But she was old age woman. He couldn't see her in that way. He began to feel so confused. He knew that he was not attracted to her but still he kept remembering her. He was not married. He was hoping to find a beautiful wife. He was never going to fall in love with such old lady. But he began to feel strange obssesion. He kept remembering her eyes. They were deep and beautiful. But he didn't understand why he kept remembering their depths. He went back to work. He managed to do it. Then he went out. He took auto instead of waiting for bus. He didn't understand why this was happening to him. When he reached home, he took breath of relief since he was always free from her reach. He knew that she was doing something to him. He didn't feel any cause to feel attracted towards such old woman. She was not even pretty. But he started thinking about her again. He immediately took out remote and started TV. He began to search for something interesting. But his mind was on her face. She was not so beautiful but she suddenly started to look like beauty queen to him. He didn't understand what was happening to him. When his Mom called him for dinner, he went inside. He looked at her. She surely looking just little bit elder than that old lady. He sensed one thing that he couldn't love her. She must be doing magic on him. He was so confident that she was trying witchcraft on him. But then suddenly he remembered that she was calling him nephew so it was not possible. He was so confused. He didn't understand anything. His Mom looked at him with sweet smile and asked " Why are you smiling? Did you plan something? I mean if you are already involved in some girl I will not waste time." " No..no.. I don't have any woman in life. " " Great actually my friend was yesterday talking about her daughter. Nice girl. She didn't have job but she is searching for one. If you want then you could convince her. But I feel she didn't want to do job. I know it means pressure on you. But I feel that.." " Mom I want girl with job. I am going to need flat.." His Mom smiled and said "That's the point. She is only child and her Dad have two flats. They wanted to a nice son-in-law. If you please them by treating their daughter nicely you can get flat." He didn't want to marry just for money but he needed flat. His father didn't manage to purchase flat for him and he needed one. He asked " Where?" She gave him upsetting look. She was so frustrated. She mentioned those flat to reduce his tension. But he seemed to be more interested in flat than girl. She didn't like his attitude. Her friend was precious to her. She didn't want to spoil their relation. She began to give second thought to her decision. " Forget her. I feel you can find better with job." He started to look at her confusion. " I don't understand. Are you suggesting I should meet her or not?" " But can you manage to do all on your own efforts?" He looked upset. He was strong enough to do all but his parents also supposed to help him. " I will. After all I don't have wise parents who purchase flat for their son." Her Mom looked hurt. Her Mom went back to her. She decided that she heard enough. If her son was not interested in marrying to that girl. She was not going to push things further. She decided to just ignore it. But when she turned back, Harish sensed his mistake. Harish came near her and started buttering her in his normal way. " Mom you know my Boss." She turned and said angrily " I know your Boss but when your wife come she will not understand. Any way I will find girl with job for you. I don't want you to give me tension for entire life." He said " Sorry." But he was happy. He finally got his purpose. He wanted a woman who could bring influence and money for him. Now with her earning she could at least bring money. He didn't want to remain less than his friends.
      Harish went out to meet his friends after dinner. His all friends stayed in bangalows near beach so they all came for walk with driver and car. Some even needed bodyguards. He was only one who came in Auto. But when he ran out from Auto, they always welcomed him. Same thing happened today. " Where were you Harish? Did your idiot Boss stopped you again?" Another friend " I don't understand why you tolerate him. Join my company I will give you nice salary and we can work together." " Where in club or bar? We all know you are useless. I feel Harish should join my hotel." " Or my printing press." " As what? Press reporter?!! He didn't know even little bit about reporting." " I know but in press we don't need just reporters. I need trust worthy secretary too. " Harish started to get upset. Harish " I want to become something big." " Fine then you have to start some company we will arrange loan!!" Harish was so frustrated. He knew that they could arrange loan. But he had to repay it. If he couldn't then they would repay it too. But it was useless. Since after it he would need to become their slave for entire life. His friends always treated him with respect and he knew that they would never insult him but it felt so insulting to do job under them instead of going above them. Another friend"Don't push him like that. The way you talking I feel you will become more bossy than his present Boss." All started laughing and Harish joined them. " So Harish? What about girlfriend? Did you got one?" " Actually I am searching. Mom was suggesting one girl. But she is simple girl from simple family without job." " So?!!" " I can't marry girl unless she bring money." They all started laughing since they felt that it was joke but when Harish didn't smile they became serious. " Come on Harish if you want girl from influencial family you need to become successful or you need to born in house of right sort of parents." Harish felt so upset. Harish " I feel I am jinxed from birth. I never get anything." " Come on we don't get everything too. Do you feel I like my wife? She is not good looking and don't have any intelligence. But I had to marry her to increase family business." Harish " Come on how honest you are to your wife!! You don't even able to count affairs." " Still I am not happy since I am married to wrong woman." Harish was so irritated by this story. His friend always get drunk and repeat it. They all knew that his marriage was worst one. He didn't love his wife. In fact he didn't want to see her face. But if Harish was in his place, he should be dotting on her. She brought big fortune to his family. She was miracle for family. But his friend didn't care. He just wanted a wife of his choice. He didn't understand his friend. He could marry anyone for money. That friend looked at Harish with hurt look. " Harish you will never understand. You have not fallen in love like me." " Really!! If you are still in love with your first girlfriend how could you keep doing affair?" " I am doing it to hurt my wife. She destroyed my life. I am taking revenge." " But why didn't you say no?" " Do you think I am stupid? I said no. I have even requested to her. If she had denied.." Harish " Then you should have married to that poor sales girl and destroyed your life." His friend screamed " No I could have lived happily. I am educated enough to get job. But that girl chicken out. She married to someone. Since she was scared." " Regarding what?" He started laughing. He spoke sadly " My wife convinced her. I am an evil man. I am good for nothing." " Then why did you married to her?" He began to laugh strange way. Then after sometime he said " Because she is witch and I can't say know to her." Other friends started laughing. But Harish didn't. He was so confused. He knew that witch was fiction. But he saw one woman who did same magic. Harish stopped others. Harish " Did you know a middle age woman who goes to club against my office in costly car with driver?" His friends looked at him in strange way. " Keeping chauffer is common in rich class so it is not new. There might be long list of people who use it." " But I want to know about that specific lady whom they were calling witch." His friend screamed with shock " Witch? Then she must be Aunt of my wife. They have that talent for generations. " Every one started laughing. Another friend " If your wife practiced witchcraft, how could you immune to it? How could you do so many affairs?" His friend started laughing. " Because I am wizard too." He started laughing again. Harish " Stop it. Tell me." "Because I don't believe in it." Then before Harish couldn't ask anything further. His friend screamed. " Enough!! I am going home to my sweetheart. " Harish was so confused. His friend hated his wife so much. Still he was calling her sweetheart. Harish screamed " But you don't like your wife so why are you calling her sweetheart?" " I am not calling my wife sweetheart I call her witch, I am going home where another lady is waiting for me." All friends laughed. One friend " This is too much. Why he doesn't divorce her?" " Because she is scared of him." " What? He is playing some strange game. I saw his wife. She seemed so obidient. Nothing as he discribe. He loved torturing her. If she was witch. She should have burn him long ago." Another friend "He want revenge and he is taking it. " " Did she truly harmed him?" " We don't know. Forget him. Let's talk about something else." Then they started discussing other interesting subjects. Harish started to relax.
      Finally after reaching to mid night Harish started to return home. He was searching for Auto when suddenly that car appeared. He looked at that car in strange way. He always felt so amazed by that car. Until now he never felt so obssessed with any car. Then slowly window glass went down. That woman looked out of window. She gave sweet smile. " So you are friend of Kaustubh?" He nodded. He knew now. She was truly Auntie of his friend's wife. " Come in car. I will drop you home." He was so confused. But before he could answer, driver came out. Then Driver gently pushed him inside car. He landed beside that woman. He didn't like it at all. She was wearing nice perfume. He felt so nice in it. He felt so nice. That car was so wonderful. She was also looking nice. He began to feel strange obssesion in it. She started to give him sweet smile. He knew it was wrong. But he liked her. " So what do you feel about your friend's attitude?" He began to say automatically " He acted wrong way. We need to teach him lesson." She smiled happily. " I have plan, will you help." He nodded without second thought. Then she smiled. " I want you to just call him in this hotel. Will you do it? Please." He nodded. She gave him mobile. He called him. Then he did as per her wish. Then he suddenly asked " Are you married?" She started to blush. " No I am not!!" " Will you marry me?" She was shocked. " But I am so old." " It's fine. I want you." She smiled and said " Okay but we need spend sometime with each other for few days." He nodded. " It's your home." He nodded. He went inside home. Then he sensed that he had proposed such elderly woman. It was disgusting. He was so confused. He didn't understand why did he wanted to do that. But her eyes kept hunting him. He ran to his parents and tell them all. Mom " But why did she want you?" He was so upset. He screamed " Because I am so handsome and attractive." His Dad started laughing. He screamed " Why are you laughing?" " Because you are talking rubbish things out of fiction books." " No I am not." Then his mobile rang. It was his friend Kaustubh. He took call. Kaustubh was crying. " Why did you do this to me?" " What happened?" " She came in with people and they beat me in horrible way. I am in hospital." " I am coming." " No I don't want anyone to see me in this condition. I have call you just to tell you that she isn't going to marry you. She didn't like you." " What? No..no it was her magic spell!!" " Stop it. You fall in love with her or with her money. You harmed me. I never want to see you again." " Fine but just don't give her my number!!" " Sure!! She didn't care." He was so scared. He knew that she was doing some magic on him. He was not in love with her. He went to his parents and told them all. " She is doing something to me!!" " No!!She is doing nothing. Tomorrow we are going to arrange your meeting with a girl. You need a wife." He didn't understand. He was not doing anything wrong. But still he felt as if he was cheating on someone. He felt her witchcraft was still working on him. But he decided that he must meet that girl. "Mom I need to get ready for meeting." Her Mom nodded. She was so scared that he would reject idea. He was totally willing. He started getting ready. She immediately called and arranged meeting. His Dad " I don't feel this is right time. I think he needed to get over that issue." " Are you mad? He couldn't marry that woman. She is of my age." " I know but he needed to decide it. Not you or me." " I know." His Mom started to feel confuse. She stopped. " So you feel I should cancel meeting ?!!" " No..no keep that meeting. It will not harm but don't fix marriage so soon. I can see something is wrong with him." " You are so right!! I don't understand why he is doing these things?" " We don't know and let's not go in that issue. First let's see effect of this meeting." Then on that fix time that girl came with her parents for snacks. She was beautiful girl. He liked her. But they started chatting soon he learnt that she was working in office as clark. She did everything in that office. " I don't consider any work as less. I even showed willingness to do dusting sometimes after all it's our office we need to keep it clean..." After that she just kept talking about herself. He was so bored. Once again he began to remember his friend's Auntie. She had better class. He began to remember her eyes again. He was so lost in her thoughts that he totally forgot that girl who was sitting before him. Then that girl called his name and asked " Are you even listening to me?" He smiled. " Yes. I was." She gave artificial smile. But they both sensed that they were not made for each other. She decided that she tried enough. He didn't dare to say anything. Soon that girl went away with parents. He sensed one thing on that point. Something was wrong with him. He had to meet that lady and make it correct. He didn't know address but he decided that he could find it with club. He took his jacket and immediately started going to that club. His parents looked at him with shock. They kept calling him but he went out without answering.
     Harish was so upset. He took Auto to club. He was frustrated. He just wanted answer. It was too much. He controlled himself. He created artificial smile and then he started to go inside. But still watchman smiled and stopped. " Sir who are you?" He smiled and gave his name. Watchman started searching for it. "Sir your name is not in list of members. " He just wanted to go inside. "Come on can't I order tea in this hotel if I am not remember." Watchman looked at him with anger. Watchman " First this is not hotel. This is private club for few members and their relatives. You can't just come inside without permission." He started to feel tense. " Actually I came last time with a lady who have big black car." " Ohh Madam Shanta from Kamal palace!!" " She owned palace?!!" " Of course. Not actual palace but her house is not less than palace. It is made of shiny marble. It is so beautiful. Just on next lane then you have to take left and right. " Harish smiled. He got what he wanted. Harish " Really?!! She just ordered goods from my shop once. I don't know much about her." Watchman "She is famous Saint." " Saint? But someone said she is witch?!!" "Those are rumours. She is good lady. I know her very well. She helped me in many ways." Harish was confused now. He knew even that waiteress talked about her in great respect. Harish "Actually I want to meet her and discuss my problem." Watchman " I could see it in your eyes. " Harish smiled. Then he gave Harish proper written address. Harish searched that house. He felt shocked when he saw that palace. It was so beautiful and pure. He suddenly began to fall in her love again. He decided that she was doing something to him. He rang door bell. She opened it. She was looking so simple. But he felt strange attraction towards her. He was so frustrated. Harish said in anger " Did you do some magic on me? Why I am so attracted towards you?" That lady blushed. " I have not done anything. Trust me. It's just my beauty." She started coming near him. He suddenly began to feel strange sense of attraction. But then he came to his senses. He took Auto and went away immediately. He entered in his house. He shivered with fear. His parents came out immediately. His Dad " What happened? Why did you run away like that?" He told them all step by step. He smiled sadly. His Mom " May be we should do some rituals?!!" His Dad " No we will go to psychiatrist tomorrow." Harish nodded. Next day that lady appeared at his home. She started asking for him. But his Mom asked her angrily " Look at your age!! Why you are after my son?" " No..no I came here since yesterday he confessed his love." " He was drunk." " No he was not." His Dad screamed " Go away or we will call cops." "What? I didn't do any harm to you." His Dad screamed " Just go away." Harish was shivering inside his room. After that they immediately went to psychiatrist. They waited outside for long time. They just wanted to meet him immediately. Finally they went inside. Harish told all to Psychiatrist without stopping. Harish " So tell me. Did she hypnotized me?" Psychiatrist started laughing. Psychiatrist " You are not interested in her. You are just interested in her money and reputation. Since your childhood you wanted to be rich but you never manage it. But when you saw this rich woman, your heart started to desire her money." Harish screamed " I am not greedy like that!!" Psychiatrist " Really? Then why you went first after her?" Harish became nervous. " Since she had beautiful expensive car." " So it was about money. Please try to accept it." " But I am not greedy man. I don't feel jealous of my friend's financial status. I never wanted to hurt them." Somewhere in his heart began to feel hurt and started regretting visiting this psychiatrist. He was telling that Harish was evil person. Psychiatrist must had sense the way his mind was moving. " Now stop considering yourself as evil. It is not fair. You didn't harm your friend in wrong run. You did right thing. He couldn't survive like that. He would face situation now. He would either live with her or divorce her. Your heart wanted to help him but your conscious mind rejected it since it was scared that you might lose friend. You did it since it was right. But you have desire to become rich too. Your subconscious mind started to suggest you must compromise. While your sensible humble mind rejected it so you are acting two ways because of your two minds." " So what did you feel? What is your advice?" Psychiatrist sat in chair peacefully and said "I advise you don't marry anyone now? Let me do counselling first. Let your mind learn that money is not only thing human need. Then you can decide." " So you feel I am just greedy?!!" " No you are having beginning of disorder. Greedy man didn't feel woman is witch or hypnotizing him if he marry her. He just Marty her and remain happy or sad as you see it. But I feel marriage without love is always invitation to depression. Any way you have mental trouble but we can cure it soon." They all nodded. Then psychiatrist told Harish's parents to go out and began his first session with Harish.
                                                                                     The End                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6952. Spirit of move bring

                        Spirit of move bring  Spirit of move bring new way towards world that start new smile which form new dream in life S...