Saturday, October 6, 2018

Adventure story. 365. Memories of Tarun

                                            Memories of Tarun
Rita started searching for movies. She was so excited regarding watching it. Today their entire family was planning to go on movie. She loved watching movie and it was their lucky day. Her brother Harish was coming with family to stay with them for some days. It was so exciting. He was coming with his family. It was going to be so exciting. Rita began to plan everything when her Mom came out and said " Don't plan too much." " Why?" "Kids are not small now. They didn't need your planning. They are going to create their own plans. And you have to accommodate them." " What?" She started laughing. She felt her Mom was just irritating her. But when her Mom didn't laugh, she sensed truth hidden inside. " Mom why you feel like that? I don't think they have friends here." " These are just your assumptions. I feel they have many friends and many plans too." " Who told you?" " Who else?your brother!! He was telling that they had big plans. They found friends on Facebook and planning to enjoy time with them." Rita was so upset. She couldn't shake away picture of her little nephew and niece from her eyes. She uses to play with them every time. She was so frustrated. Her life was not as promising as she hoped. She married to a man who never loved her. She met him through internet. He looked promising. He was settled in abroad and he belonged to rich family. She chatted with him every day. Slowly she was convinced that she was in love with him. It was so wonderful feeling. She felt that he would catch her whenever she would fall. It was like dream prince was standing before her. Then she told her parents. They agreed to contact his family. Both families were very happy due to this marriage. Then she talked with him personally. He was so nice and he seemed to agreed with her every view. She was so happy. Then they decided to marry. Every thing was decided properly as per rituals. She started to feel so happy. Then they got married. But her husband received one call immediately after marriage. He didn't stop. He just asked his parents to sign some papers. His Dad looked confused. Dad " Now I thought you are going on honeymoon." He said with anger " Honeymoon can wait client of that property would not." His Dad nodded and signed. He immediately went away. She sat there alone. Then they all kept waiting for him. He never appeared. Finally Rita's Dad asked " What did you sign?" His Dad " Promised to give him entire property if he marries nice girl." Rita " What? So he married for property?" " Not just for property. He said he love you too. He told us that he would never meet that Laura again." She was so angry. She lost control of her mind without second thought she just slapped that man. Her entire family started to getting abusive. Finally his entire family and guests from his side vanished. She cried. Then after some days he asked for divorce. She didn't give it. Soon he vanished. She sensed that he didn't need divorce. He was living with that girl without divorce. He was just interested in property and he got it. He didn't appear for long time. Now she was married to him but it was useless. Sometimes she wished that only if she had given divorce to him. Now she was stuck in strange way. But any way it was useless to discuss now. Her Dad would soon sent them legal notice for divorce. But one thing was clear. Her life was no longer simple. She didn't got any thing but blame. Her Dad kept blaming her for choosing wrong boy. It was so frustrating. But when her elder brother Harish came home suddenly everything seemed to change. Her sister-in-law Radhika was not fond of her but since she managed to entertain kids. Radhika could manage to find sometime for herself so she keep showing affection to her. But soon she sensed that this time something was different. "Mom what's wrong? Just tell me." Her Mom looked at her with sad expression. Mom " Your brother managed to contact your husband. He is ready to give divorce. But not alimony."  She was so angry. " But Mom he is so rich!! I must get compensation." " But he said that he was not going to give it. In court he would claim you never accepted him as husband so he wanted divorce." " But Mom that was lie. He cheated  me.." " I know but can we prove it in court?" She was so angry. " So what did Harish want to do?" Her Mom took breath and said " He wanted you to get rid of him as soon as possible. He is planning to sell some of our old land. If he remained your husband he might claim part in it." " This is crazy. He can't do that!! He never stayed with me." " We know but he is claiming. You don't stay with him. Just do as your brother say and it will be over." She wanted to argue but then she felt that it was useless. She just nodded. She threw away newspaper in corner and started crying. It was all her mistake. She had chosen wrong man.
         After chatting with Mom Rita began to feel so scared. She has to go in court and face that man. She knew that it was not going to be easy. She always regretted her decision of marrying him. She was feeling so frustrated. She wanted to curse that man. She shivered with anger. She knew that everything could be stopped only if he was dead. A widow didn't need divorce. She could even get share of his property. She was sure that her in-laws would keep her in home. Then she suddenly started thinking ideas of killing person. She was so angry that she totally lost her logic. She started searching on internet ways of witchcraft or black magic to kill someone. She found many ideas. She had never thought that internet could have them too. It was so frustrating. She knew that it was just lies. Then suddenly she just switched off her computer and went to sleep. Then she suddenly began to dream that she started one ritual which she was told to follow. She did all perfectly. She was at it's end when her Mom started shaking her. Her Mom was smiling. Her Mom " I know that I don't need to laugh but still. Finally he is dead." She jumped up. "Who?" " Your fruad husband!! His parents called us to tell it. They said he had accident and Police called them." " But he was in abroad?" " Yes, but he came here for divorce yesterday." She started to feel confused. She started to confirm that she had not done rituals and soon she confirmed it. She saw nothing was in room as per her dream. She was still confused. " What did those people want?" " They want you to go there identify his body and take life insurance." " Life insurance? Why he kept my name?" Her Mom was confused. Rita " I don't understand what is going on? Why his parents want to involve me? I can't recognise him." Her Mom was so confused. Then her Mom looked around. Mom "Why did you close curtain like that?" Rita was confused. " I don't remember Mom. I was typing on computer and then I fall asleep. I don't even remember coming to bed. " Her Mom took out her new blue dress and asked " When did you went out?" " Mom I never went out." Mom opened curtain and showed her every thing she used for preparing herself. " No. I was not going out." "Stop this. I saw you leaving house. Did you do something to him?!!" " No Mom. I was sleeping before computer." Her Mom was so angry. " Stop lying. Your stupid pet dog bark every time you go out." She was so confused. " Mom what are you talking about? I was sleeping on computer. I was so angry on my husband that I was searching some black magic to kill him." Mom screamed on her in frustration " Black magic didn't kill him. A car killed him and I saw you going out in car." " Mom stop. I don't know how to drive." Her Mom was confused. " But I taught you once." " I know Mom. But person can't learn car driving in one day. Do you feel I learnt it in one day?" Her Mom sounded confused. Mom " Any way your in-laws called us and I feel we better go there as soon as possible." " But don't we need lawyer?!!" " For what?" Her Mom asked her angrily. " Did you drive that car?" She was so confused. She looked at watch. She remembered last time six hours ago. She felt sure that she was sleeping for those hours. But she was not hungry. She remembered that she went to sleep on approximately at 11o'clock. If she was sleeping for such long time then she must had skipped lunch. " Mom did I ate lunch?" " No. When I came in room, you said that you are going. When I asked where, you said that your husband wanted to see you." She went near those clothes. She was so shocked. They were too modern. She looked so bold in them. She couldn't believe that she wore this dress. She never wore that type of dress. It was too bold. She had a purse with it too. She opened it and then she started remembering. When she was on internet, she finished her ritual. She did all according to it. There were even few disgusting things in it too. But she still did it. When she got call from her husband Tarun, Tarun was crying on phone. Tarun told her Laura left him. She was so happy. She decided to go with him. She shivered. " Mom you are right. I went out with him." " And then.." She remembered that she got ready. She started telling her Mom. " He sent me this dress through courier. I opened it. I observed it again and again. It was not my style. But he said that it was gesture of his love. I thought that it was true. I know Mom I was not supposed to believe him. But Mom I wanted a secure life with husband. I don't want Harish and his family to treat me like some cupboard of house which they could shift as per their choice. Mom!! I wanted life so I decided this." Her Mom took her in her arms. " I know sweet heart it was not your mistake. Tell me what happened next?" " He took me to nice hotel. We went in room. We enjoyed our time. I thought that it was over. Finally I am his wife. But then when we started to go back to his house, it all suddenly changed. He took me in his arms while driving. He kissed me and I never understood when he opened door. He gave one sweet smile. " You are pretty and beautiful. I enjoyed you but I need money so rest in peace beautiful." And then he pushed me out of car. I just remember falling on ground. Then it went blank." Her Mom checked her. Mom " You are injured. You must have gone to Doctor. I think this is painkiller." Mom took out that package of medicine. Mom took hold of her hand. " You will sense pain after it's effect vanish. We must go before it to Police. Come on." She was so confused. Her Mom managed to get her dressed. Then they went down. Instead of using car they preferred Taxi that day. Her Mom was trying her best to keep her mind peaceful.
        When Rita came in Police station, her mother-in-law hugged her. She started saying " Thank God. He pushed you before accident." Rita was confused. Rita pulled herself out of her arms and screamed." He was trying to kill me what was so nice about it?" Her mother-in-law looked confused and upset. She began to console her. " He was not killing. His car's brake were damaged so he pushed you to save you." Rita was so confused. She started to remember all. Suddenly she began to remember all those lovely moments. He took her in arms for last time and kissed her. She began to feel that it was possible. He might be protecting her. She started to miss him. She began to cry. Her Mom was so confused. Her Mom " She is injured too. Can I take her home?" Police " Sure but it will be better if she explained all." But her mother-in-law stopped him. " Let her go home. She is so stressed." But Rita cleaned her eyes and said " I am ready." She told Police every thing. Police " Why he mentioned money? Are you sure he said money?" She was confused now. " Actually on that moment I was so shocked. It could be something else." Police " Or it could be insurance money." " Insurance money?!! What insurance?" "Well at time of your marriage. You have taken joint life insurance policy!!" " No I don't. Marriage didn't survive that long." Police took out papers. " Do you recognise these signature?" She saw them. " I can't recognise hand writings! That is not my skill. But it is not my handwriting." " Do you know any Harish?" " Yes. That's my brother!!" " He signed it as witness." She was shocked. She screamed " But it is not my signature. In case of my brother I don't know. " Her Mom came ahead. She was confused. Mom " We can't find signature like that." Police looked convinced. Police turned towards her in-laws. " What do you want to say about your son?" Tarun' s father screamed in anger. " He was curse on us. He never acted in honest way. He always kept demanding money from us. We tried so hard to hide it. We kept pretending that we are broken so that he would not harass us. At beginning when we heard about his affair with Laura. We started insisting on marriage. We told him that we will give property only when he marry a decent girl. It was big mistake. He fooled this poor girl and then he left her. It was horrible." His Mom started crying too. His Mom " Soon we sensed Laura was never existed. He was fooling us. He was never involved with a single woman." Rita was so shocked. She began to feel disgusted. She let that man touch her and let him use her. She thought that he was her husband but in his eyes she was nothing but another girl. She didn't dare what he must be thinking when he used her. His smile began to show different meaning. She screamed " I want to go home." Police looked sad and nodded. " Read this and sign." She gave strange smile and said " After signing on paper of our marriage I lost all. Now I don't have anything to lose." She signed it without second thought. She stood up. Her Mom wanted her to go home. But she screamed " Harish signed it!!" " It must be mistake." They were arguing outside when Tarun's parents came out. Tarun's Mom " Our son is dead now. You are his widow. I know that you hate us for bringing miseries on you. But still we want to compensate for our sin. Come with us and stay like our daughter." She was  confused. She knew that after her marriage Tarun's parents always kept calling her. They kept apologizing for their son's deed. But she never took them seriously. She always thought that was  plan. But today she decided that it was worth taking risk. " If I will come with you." Her Mom screamed " Don't do it. You can't trust them." " Why Mom? What is difference between trusting you or them. I saw Harish's signature on paper. I can recognise them." Mom " Don't act like that sweetheart. Just listen to me." Her Mom took hold of her hand and tried to stop her from sitting in that car. But she didn't care. She pushed her hand away and sat in that car. She was fully determined to become one of them. She sat on seat and relaxed. Then Tarun's Mom started consoling her " Now after our son you are everything for us. He saved you since he loved you than himself. Now you have to accept his death. You must cry." She didn't wanted to cry. Driver saw her from mirror with concern look. Rita knew that Tarun's parents were pretending to save their reputation in society. She felt that they must had lied to every one. She took deep breath and kept looking out of window. Driver was watching her. Then slowly he called watchman " Hello keep everything ready." Then he added in low voice " And also tell housekeeper and cook to remain ready. Something is wrong with our Rita Madam. She is not even crying. Just kept looking out of window." Watchman " It's horrible for her. Bring them." Rita could hear his sympathy. She kept so sad. An unknown driver was showing that sympathy to her which she never got from her family. She started crying suddenly in hysteric way. Tarun's parents were shocked but they were glad too. Since now everything would look natural.
        When Rita came near house, watchman opened door for her. A middle-aged lady came running towards her and started consoling her " It's alright. Now what is use of crying? He is not going to come back. You need to be wrong for your in-laws. He saved you and he truly love you." Rita knew that it was lie but still she nodded. It seemed so wonderful thought. He loved her. Then suddenly another woman came. " Just keep his memories regarding love alive forget all." Rita started crying. She really loved expressing sorrows this way. She felt so relaxed. She was finally a widow instead of deserted wife. She went in room. She was going inside that room for first time. But she began to feel as if she knew it. She went in bathroom. She took shower. She soon sensed that she needed Doctor soon. She was still injured. She decided to wash limited area and then she came out. She called out and immediately cook came. She said " I am hurt." That cook checked wounds. " Madam you need Doctor and dressing." She nodded. Soon Doctor came. He gave her medicine and injection. She began to feel sleepy so she went to sleep. When she fall asleep, Doctor took them out. Doctor started talking to them " She is suffering due to truama of her husband's death. It is common with widow who suffered due to trauma of her husband's loss. She is finding it hard to survive without him. She is suffering mental stress due to his sudden loss. She doesn't know how to adjust without him. " Tarun's parents were confused now. She never spent even one day with their son how could she be attached. But when she woke up, she started talking in strange way as if she had spent her entire life with Tarun. She was talking about those times when they used to spend entire days together in big balcony. She was feeling so happy and pleased while remembering those things. When servants went out, Tarun's Mom came near her and said with tears in eyes. " Enough. You don't need to pretend more." Rita gave strange smile." Mom it was really special when we saw that sunset with voice of tides. He slowly kissed my fingers." She looked at her fingers and started crying. " I still sensed that touch. And when snow storm came, I was so scared!! He put his shoulders around me and protected me. We walked slowly on that path. It was full of snow and I can't see what was ahead in that fog." His Mom screamed " Enough. Stop this." She nodded. " I know his memories must be painful for you." Tarun's Dad screamed " Which memory? You just spent one day with him." Rita looked shocked. She screamed " Why you are lying like that? I spent entire days with him for such long time after marriage." Tarun's Mom " I told you taking her inside home was our biggest mistake. She was to have right on this property. I told you to forget that insurance money. But you don't listen to me." " It could have become our retirement security after suffering so much due to that Tarun. I thought that I deserve at least little bit money from him." Rita " What are you saying? I am his wife and you are his parents!! How could you speak this way about your dead son?" " Because that is truth. Why don't you accept it?" She was so angry now. " Get out. Leave me alone." She was so angry. Suddenly she began to hate everything around her. She started throwing things and began screaming. Tarun's Mom "I think she is mad. We need to call her parents." All servants gathered. Cook " I think she is possessed." " By whom?" " May be her husband? She might wanted to keep hold of his wife?" All servants were whispering this when Tarun's Dad called her parents. Her Mom and Harish came. Harish " She was not mad. You did this to her. How did you manage my signature?" " We don't know Tarun did it. We just wanted some money so used his idea." Harish looked disgusted. Harish " Any way we will convince her and take her with us. But never expect any help from us regarding anything." They nodded. When Harish entered in room, Rita ran in his arms. Rita " My Tarun had died while saving me." She suddenly cleared her eyes. " I know that I am just thinking about myself. He was your bestfriend too. You use to go for fishing whenever you use to come to stay with us in abroad and of course in that pub too. How many times I told you not to go there but you never listen to me?" Harish was shocked and confused. He didn't understand what Rita was talking but he sensed that she felt that all those things had actually happened. She was not lying. Harish " Let's go home." Rita was angry. " This is my home now. I am not leaving it. I need it." " But you need to understand you can't stay here." She pushed him away. Suddenly she took a table lamp. " Go away or I will hit you too. I am not going out of my house. " Her Mom took hold of Harish and pulled him out of that room. Rita immediately closed her door. They both stood outside in shock. Mom " This happened just in two days. She was preparing house for your kids two days ago. Harish patted on Mom's hand slowly.
     Tarun's parents were waiting for Harish and Mom in downstairs. Tarun's Dad " Where is your sister? You are not taking her with you?" " She is not ready to come." Tarun's Dad screamed in anger " She will not stay here. We will not permit." "Really!! What will you do? Call Police and tell them your son's widow want to stay in your house?" Harish pointed towards servants who already started looking at them in accusingly. " No..no we don't want to throw her out. We just want to start her treatment." Harish nodded. " I want to do that too. She is talking about those things which never happened." " So take her with you." Harish " No I will not take her out of this house forcibly. You can take care of her for one day!! I will call Doctor tomorrow then we will manage." Tarun's Mom " But it is risky!!" " Who told you to go in her room? You have big house stay in other rooms." " And what if she harm herself? Who is responsible?" Harish " You are!! You did this all so you are responsible." Tarun's parents shivered. His Mom " Every happened due to your greed." Harish " And regarding insurance money. We can't help in it. Since your son tried to kill my sister and we can't hide it . Can we?" " But we can convince them that she was not in sound mind and you just need to support us." " And land in jail? No thanks. In few days I will take my sister out of this house. This was God's gift to us." Tarun's parents were not convinced but still they nodded. For sometime Rita stayed in room. Then she came out. She started talking like some sorrowful wife. " He loved me so much. We were planning to create family." She gave strange smile. " Two kids!! I want girl but he wanted boy. He wanted to satisfy you." She gave them angry look. " You taught him all. Am I wrong?" " No we don't. We just want him to marry a girl from reputated family and settle down. We don't have to feel such shame before public. Tomorrow every one will come for his funeral. Will you control yourself?" She looked sad. " I have to. I am his wife. If he went away without my touch. He will keep burning without peace. He use to worship me. Every day he used to call me before cracking any business deal to take my blessings. I am not just his wife but his goddess." Then she gave sad look. " I know you are without guidance too. Don't worry I will stay here and guide you now. We will manage." Tarun's parents started to shiver. They sensed that she wanted to turn them in her slave. It was shocking for them. They never thought that she would take such a revenge one day. They started crying. Tarun's Dad " We accept that it's Tarun's mistake but don't take revenge on us this way? We are sorry." She gave strange look and said " I care for you. I am not going to take revenge. " Suddenly Tarun's Dad sensed " You remember all!! You are pretending." He screamed on servants " Throw her out of house." Servant looked at him with shock. " No one was ready to do it. They began to scream on her. Finally they packed their language and moved out of there. But she didn't went out of house. Next day Tarun's body came. She did all funeral arrangements. Every one asked about Tarun's parents. She told them all. " I don't understand why they wanted to throw me out of house. I don't have any other place to go." Relative " From beginning they cheated you and you adjusted all. We are with you. Stay here." She looked like perfect widow. Then Harish came with psychiatrist. He was so shocked. Soon he sensed that Tarun's parents left his sister alone and ran out of house. Every relative was telling him that they would not let his sister to be thrown out of house. He wanted to argue. But psychiatrist stopped him. Psychiatrist " Don't argue now. Let her move ahead in her own way. We will become part of this play for sometime." Harish kept pretending. Then they took away Tarun's body for cremation. Still his parents didn't appear. Harish kept calling them. Finally Rita forced Harish to do funeral. She said " You are his best friend. He liked you like brother so you can do it. " Harish wanted to scream against it. But after looking at condition of his sister he nodded. Then he did all. Finally when he came back, he told her " This is psychiatrist and you need him?" She asked angrily " Why?" Psychiatrist " Since morning to night you just keep talking about your husband do you feel that you will start to move ahead without help." She shivered and agreed. Then they took her in hospital. She got admitted willingly. When she went inside, Harish started crying. But psychiatrist patted on his shoulder and said " Why are you crying? For first time something right is happening in her life. We will turn everything in right way. It's post truamatic symptoms in which she began to think her dreams are reality. Don't worry we will manage it." Harish nodded and cleared tears from eyes and said " Bye." to Rita with smile. Who was going away with nurse. Rita also smiled back and went away.
                                                                                              The End          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6952. Spirit of move bring

                        Spirit of move bring  Spirit of move bring new way towards world that start new smile which form new dream in life S...