Saturday, September 19, 2015

Adventure story 207. Ray of hope

                                                              Ray of hope
Mitali started packing her clothes. She arranged them properly inside bag one by one. She was so scared from heart. She wanted to stay with her Mom. But her Mom just couldn't afford to give them all nice education after her father's death. They were four siblings. She just never understood one thing that why did her Mom gave birth to so many children if she couldn't afford. They were never rich. Even when her father was alive, it was hard to fulfil demands. She just never saw a day when they didn't have financial crisis. Her father never earned enough for them. But they never thought about budget. They just kept moving ahead on everyday. They were taking everything in totally wrong way. Then suddenly one day her father died due to heart attack. She was upset on his death. They all cried. But slowly their tears dried and had to move ahead in life. Their Mom started searching for work which was not easy to find. Their elder sister started taking care of everything which was worst. She hardly knew that how should manage house. So she just kept creating mistake which lead to more spoiling of money and destruction of household. Soon their house started to look like garbage center which needed cleaning. They all started looking worst to them all. She just kept screaming and abusing. She became their worst nightmare. But she was friendly with Mitali at night when Mitali took job of cleaning pot from her to herself. She began to act sweetly with her. One day she told Mitali " Look at me. What our Mom and Dad turned me into? A maid? I want to go to school but Mom told me I can't since I have to take care of house and her kids. My education is free but she want me to work for her. Do you think this is right?" "What?!! Mom took away your name from school?" "Yes, she wanted me to take care of home. She told me that I should be glad that I don't need to work." "But we all go to school." "I know but I can't since I am the elder." "Now this is so wrong." "I am glad you think this way." She hugged her and cried. It was worst for them. Then her Mom one day brought their auntie who didn't had child. Her child was died in few months after birth. She never had any children. But she was so rich by marriage. When she entered in house, she looked disgusted. But she had hidden her feelings. Her Auntie " My god this is worst." Her Mom " So true. And I just can't feed them alone. He just left children and no money to feed them." "You should have planned something." "We never have that much money. I just feel one thing that it will be nice if you give me some financial help. I don't want to burden you but see my situation." She looked around " This is worst. But I can't give you money." Then she just kept sitting there. Her Mom kept pleading. Finally she spoke " I can take one of you daughter. If it could reduce your burden." Her Mom looked glad. She was no longer want to think about her feeling. Her Mom "Sure. Just select." Then she looked around. They all disinterested expect eldest one. She just wanted to get rid of this burden . But she selected Mitali so Mitali was packing things. She had no option but to obey her Mom. But she just wished one thing from her heart only if her Auntie had selected her elder sister. It would be great for them all she was so upset. It would be worst for others.
     Mitali went out. She just never wanted to leave that house. She looked at her elder sister with tears in her eyes. Then suddenly all anger inside her eyes melt she sensed one thing that Mitali didn't want to go. She hugged her and said slowly" Go and try to live your life. If you manage to get something good in future, you can help me and others. Please try your best." Mitali whispered " But I don't want.." She just shut Mitali's mouth. She said " Just don't say it. She is your Mom now. Accept it. Be good to them. You are may only hope. You will help me one day." Mitali looked confused. But Mitali sensed one thing she was ray of hope for her all siblings. She decided that she would act in good way with them. Mitali had her small bag with limited clothes inside. They were nothing. Just four dresses!! She knew that she would more than that after all she was not staying for just one night. But she couldn't demand dresses since they hardly had any money. When she sat in her Auntie's car, she felt that she was making it dirty. She didn't want to damage any thing. Auntie " Just relax. This is your car now. You can do any thing you want in it. Even vomit." Mitali was disgusted by this example as well as shocked. " Ohh don't look shocked. Actually I did that in this car since I was allergetic to traveling too much with car. Do you have that problem?" Mitali moved her head negatively. She knew that her Auntie was trying to relax her but she was just managing to scare her more. Auntie " Now you just relax." Mitali nodded. Mitali began to relax. Slowly she started feeling nice in that car. She sensed one thing. Now she had to act properly that way which would be right for her Auntie. She turned her attention to her Auntie. She started observing her. Her Auntie dressed in perfect way. She had jewellery which was shining but not in cheap way. First time Mitali felt that she didn't dressed with class. She began to feel that she was so inferior. She wanted to return to her home. That Auntie was not like her Mom. She was just busy in her thoughts. She didn't care for Mitali. She noticed that even Auntie was not even looking that much happy. One thing was clear. She started moving ahead in totally wrong way. This Auntie was not happy to have her and she was not even willing to share smile with her. Mitali started remembering every thing. She was so happy at her home. She was poor but still every one loved her. But then she looked at those rich things. She remembered one thing that elder sister had to left school. So if she went back, one day she also had to do same. She might need to take some job just like her Mom told her sister about. Her Mom was keeping her at home to take care of other children. But she didn't need her. Mitali wanted to go to school. She was sure that her Mom soon wanted her to do some job. But if she stayed with her Auntie, she could able to go to school. She remembered her elder sister's last word. She was their ray of hope. She smiled bravely and started sitting properly. She looked at her Auntie and started sitting just like her. After some time her Auntie looked at her, Auntie " You need some clothes. I will drop you in home and then bring some clothes." Mitali nodded. She was glad to get clothes. She never thought about her choice. When her Auntie dropped her in home, Mitali was so glad and shocked to see it that she just kept nodding on each and every thing. She just sat before television. She looked all those programmes which were so great for her.
   Mitali was so happy but she wished from heart that her family was with her. She was so comfortable and she wanted them all to have this all. She just missed them from her heart. But she knew that she was without love. She liked that comfort but she was still missing every part of family. Still she knew that she had to stay here and act in best way. She was hoping in heart that she could convince her Auntie to help her family. She knew that her Mom was never going to manage anything in right way so she just hoped her Auntie did it in right way. Then after some time her Auntie came. Her Auntie started showing gifts to her. She was literally showered with gifts. Mitali was so happy to get them. Her Auntie started showing her each dress. She was so confused. They all were in just one colour black. She knew that they were lovely. But each dress in black it was so strange. It was shocking for her. She never expected all dresses in black. She was so glad to get them. When she touched them, she felt their softness. She started smiling. Mitali " They are lovely." Suddenly her Auntie looked shocked and confused. Auntie " You like this colour black?" Actually once Mitali used to hate it but now when she looked at those dresses, she just loved. Mitali " I like it." Then her Auntie looked frustrated. Her Auntie " My God!! Just bought one colour for you. It look so wrong. I feel I might send you and change them." "NO..No..""No argument. You just go with driver and maid. Then you can exchange them. I will make your room ready by that time." Mitali had to nod. But when she sat with maid, she began to relax. Slowly she started talking Maid whose name was Rama. Rama was so nice. She explained her every thing about shopping. This time Mitali just enjoyed her time. Rama acted more like Auntie than her real Auntie. When Mitali told her about how uncomfortable she was with her Auntie, Rama said "Actually they are rich and we are poor so that this difference. But don't worry slowly you will learn to handle it. Specially when you met Sir, he is nice gentleman. He was always nice with every one. And he just loved kids. He always wanted one. Even Madam wanted. They tried hard but no one could fight with destiny...But now you will manage to bring happiness in life." "Do you feel Auntie love black colour?" "Madam?? Madam never shown that much love for black colour. In fact she avoided it since in good function it will bring bad omen." "Then why did she bought all black dresses?" At first Rama looked confused. Then she smiled. "It must be because she thought that it would look great on your fair complexion. You are so fair. You are lucky." Mitali smiled happily. But in her heart she wanted to tell Rama that fair complexion didn't bring happiness to life. When she got wrong destiny, it just became cause of jealousy. But she knew that it would not help so she said nothing. She just went in shop and started selecting dresses of her choice with Rama as guide. After all she needed to learn what was cheap and what was perfect for her class now. She just wished sometimes that she could buy things without restrictions just because she loved them. But she couldn't. She had to match her class. After all she was now daughter of her Auntie. She acted in her best way whole time. She chose all dresses. Then she returned in her Auntie's house. She went in room which was arranged for her. It was so strange that room was full of games which were outdoor games. In room there were many picture of crickets stars and some were of foot ball player. Mitali just never liked those games. She knew that cricket was famous to all. But she was never fan of it. She just loved dolls and kitchen set etc. But she decided to smile. When her Auntie asked her that if she liked it, she nodded. She wanted to relax in that house. She just decided to accept it.
      Mitali was happy in that house. She decided that she would make herself comfortable. After renovating her room, her Auntie started avoiding her. Mitali began to live by herself. But then after some time her Uncle came, he was very nice and he was happy to have her in house. He announced that she should call him Dad. She loved him. After that her new Dad was always there for her. Auntie kept coming in her room. But her Auntie always managed to bring most hated gifts for her while her Dad bought all those things which she wanted. She sensed one thing. Her Auntie didn't knew any thing about girls. But she just hated whenever she came in her room. It was always some worst moment. She even noticed sometimes that her Auntie was observing her in strange way. But she was so happy with her Dad that she just ignored her. Even Rama was nice to her. One day while talking with Dad she mentioned about her sister and family. Next day when she was eating breakfast, suddenly her Auntie appeared. Her Auntie "I have bought a chocolate pie for you." Mitali was so shocked. First time Mitali was gifted what she liked. Her Auntie opened that box. Then Mitali saw that it was not just pie. It was a beautiful cake. She was so shocked. Her Auntie smiled "Liked my surprise. I know you love it. I had seen you looking at it from glass window many times." There was tears in Mitali's eyes. She wanted it from heart. She just kept looking at it. Then her Auntie gave her a plate, she put piece of cake in it. Mitali smiled and started eating that cake. Then she suddenly felt a pain in stomach. Slowly she felt as if she wanted to vomit, she wanted to stand but she couldn't. She started vomiting there only. She looked at her Auntie with confused expressions. She was smiling happily. It was so strange. Her Auntie was not coming ahead for help. She was just looking at her with disgust. Mitali sensed one thing that her Auntie was not going to help her. She screamed loudly. She just hoped that Rama would heard her. But no one came. She was screaming but no one was there to help her. Her Auntie was laughing. Then suddenly driver came inside. Her Auntie immediately started pretending. Her Auntie called ambulance. In heart Mitali knew that her Auntie was hoping just one thing that she would be dead. She was so shocked. She didn't want to stay with that horrible lady. She slowly lost her sense. When she woke up, she was in hospital. There was doctor with her. Doctor " Are you alright? What happened? " Mitali saw that her Auntie was standing near her. Her Auntie was trying to scare her with eyes. But Doctor noticed some thing was wrong. Doctor "Will you please go out of room? " Her Auntie " But she is my daughter. I am going to adopt her." Doctor " I said go out." As soon as Auntie and Dad went out, she began to cry. She told every thing to Doctor who called Police immediately. When Police entered in hospital, immediately her Auntie ran inside. She tried to hit Mitali but every one stopped her.It was so scaring Mitali started crying by this moment. Mitali's Mom was also standing there. Mitali was so scared.She wanted to go in hands of her Mom. She could clearly heard her Auntie. She was screaming that she had killed her son. Mitali was so confused. Then Police came, they took hold of her Auntie. She was taken away by them. Then a lady Police came near Mitali, she sweetly asked every thing to her. Mitali told each and every thing.
     Finally lady officer turned to her Mom. "Madam this is so wrong. Why did you send her to stay with your sister?" "Now how did I suppose to feed them? She took her in house willingly. Ask her husband." Dad "Yes. She was ready for it. In fact she personally told me that she wanted to have her. Actually Mitali and our son borned on same day. But our son died even after spending of lot of money and Mitali survived without any effort. After that my wife never able to became mother. Slowly she began to blame Mitali for death of her son. I tried to convince her. She was not willing to accept it. But then one day she told me. That she felt sorry for Mitali since her father was dead. I thought that she was telling the truth. Then she started talking about adopting Mitali. I just fall in her trap. I never thought that she wanted to kill her. Actually she just wanted her revenge. She wanted to kill her because her son was dead and she was alive." "My god. It was not her crime. Your wife is mad woman. You should have shown her to psychiatrist." "I have tried but she just didn't seem willing. She was not even ready to go there. I just doubt it if she took those medicine. I just kept insisting. But it seemed that she never understood any thing. She just wanted to increase all her problems. Then she started bringing wrong gifts for Mitali. On that moment I sensed something was wrong. Why should she want to gift just black dresses? When she consider black colour as bad omen and never let any one wear it. I use to like that colours but just due to her. I have give up all my black clothes. But I just didn't understood meaning. Then slowly Mitali told me regarding troubles in her family so I called my sister-in-law and told her that I will pay for education of her children. But my sister-in-law didn't agree to it." Her Mom "My elder daughter have to take care of house. He is not paying my whole expenses." Police lady screamed on her Mom. " He is doing favour on you. He is not paying back your debt. Just stop demanding. " Her Mom looked scared . She just stood in corner. Mitali was so upset. She sensed one thing. Her Mom was never going to give any future to any of them. She had to stay with Dad if she wanted some good future. She was scared of death. But she felt living without education and hope was just like death. Police lady " So what did you said?" "My wife heard my conversation with my sister-in-law. She just said one word " My god!! I have to finish her before evil spread her wings. " I just didn't understood it. So I asked her. But she gave me sweet smile and said that she was repeating some sentence of  Television show. I was convinced by it. I was so upset by rejection that I just lost my mind so I didn't manage to understand her." Then Rama started talking "Then Madam came to me and told me that Mitali Madam loved a chocolate. It is imported so I have to go on another part of town. I just hated it but I have to say yes. Then she told me to bring that cake. I bought it but it was perfect on that moment. I just took it and gave it to Madam. Then I started to going ahead for chocolate. On half way I remembered that I forgot to tell Madam about laundry bill which must be paid. I didn't want to walk all way back. On that moment I saw driver. I told him to remind Madam of that bill and bring money from her. After all he could go easily with car and he.." Then Rama started crying. Police lady " I am sure of one thing. Your wife is mad. She would go to mental hospital." Then she turned to Mitali's Mom "Take back your daughter with you." Her Mom looked shocked. " Mitali will be fine here." That Police lady looked at her with anger. Then she started to going towards Mitali. But Mitali screamed "I am not staying with her. I will stay with Dad. I don't want to work. I want to study." That Police lady looked confused. Her Mom smiled happily even Dad looked relaxed. Police lady " As you wish but you can't adopt her." Dad nodded. Then that Police lady went out of Mitali's room and Mitali's Mom ran out of room as soon as she went out. Mitali cried in Rama's arms for long time. While Dad discussed treatment with Doctor.
                                                                 The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6953. One dream can bring

                            One dream can bring  One dream can bring hope to our mind start new path with direction of life show new way to ...