Thursday, December 1, 2011

adventure story6. Home

                                                           
                                                                  Home
Meeta was so happy in that hostel.But she always missed her house.Her mother had always phoned her.But she could rarely able to talk to her father. She always missed her father.Meeta"You know Tina some times I just don't understand that why does I never allowed to go home in vacations." Tina"Your Mommy And Papa must be busy last time.""And before that?They always give one reason after another.But they never allowed me to come home.""Meeta you are getting suspicious unnecessarily.Why does parents avoid their daughter?" "May be I am a pain for them?They just don't want to see me.""Then why did they take you on holidays?"    "You are right.They just don't want me to come home. But why?"  "This is all imagination.""Come on!!You can also see it as clearly as I. By avoiding you can't solve the   problem.""OK.We can discuss this later. Now we are getting late for class so let's go."After looking at watch Meeta realized that Tina was right so she started collecting her books for class and they both ran to their classroom.
             Before Meeta's friends it was always embarrassing to her.That her family never took her home.They all went to their home every year. When Meeta came near classroom. Rucha called her.Rucha"Are you going home this vacation? If so.Let's share the taxi." Rucha's parents were not that rich so she always tried to save their money.She was attempting to do it by sharing the taxi.But Meeta didn't know that this time would she allowed to come home? so instead of answering Rucha she got angry with her.Meeta"I am not going in taxi.I can always send for car.You know my parent have two cars with driver so there is no need to share a taxi.If you can't effort it.I can take you with me." Tina"Meeta what are you saying ?Are you out of your mind?" Rucha was already running away towards restroom.Tina"How could you insult her like this?""She asked for it.Why did she came to discuss about my vacation.Everyone in the school already knows very well that I never go home.""That's not true.They all think that since you love to travel your parent are taking you various places.But now you will have to say sorry to Meeta." "My Foot.I never says sorry to anyone." and angrily Meeta just stomped out of room.
            Slowly as days went away Meeta's anger towards her parents had started affecting other things.She didn't talk properly with anyone.She always started fighting with her classmates unnecessarily. They all finally complaint to principal about it so principal called Meeta in her room. But instead of being frank with her Meeta just kept quiet throughout the conversation.Then one day when Tina was walking in the corridor, principal called her."Tina will you come in my room?" "Yes mam." Then they went inside.Principal"Meeta Do you know why Meeta is acting this way nowadays?"Tina didn't what say anything behind the back of Meeta.She just hated backbiting.But there was no option. Tina"Actually she is very angry with her parents because they don't take her home.""What?but she always went away in vacations.""Ya.But they always took her on hill stations or resorts.""But what wrong in it? she should more enjoy her vacation that way.""But she wants to go home.""Then she shall have to talk to them about it.""She had done it many times.She had even argued with them.But no use.""Then I will talk to them.""Thank you mam.But please don't mention my name."Principal smiled."Don't worry. I never give away my informer. Trust me."
            Tina was little bit nervous regarding everything. After some days principal called Meeta and Tina in her office.When they entered,she was looking very tense.At first after looking at her face they just wanted to keep quiet.But finally Meeta spoke up."Mam you called us?""Yes.Meeta actually your parents just phoned me yesterday and told me that you are no longer going in resorts.This time you can go home."Meeta smiled very happily. Finally her dream became true.Tina was also happy. But she was little bit upset to see principal's tense face.She was sensing something was wrong.Then she thought may be the problem was not regarding Meeta.
Then Meeta literally started pulling her out of the office.They went outside and started laughing happily.Meeta "Now I will say sorry to Rucha first." Meeta hurried went to Rucha.At first Rucha was very upset to see Meeta.But then Meeta apologized to her.In the beginning Rucha was not ready to listen her.But after many efforts she agreed to forgive her.Then Meeta took them all out as a party.After that slowly everyone forgave her.
            One day Meeta received call from her father.He was talking to her for long time.They even made plans for her vacation.Then she even forced Tina and Rucha to join her.At beginning Rucha was avoiding it. But after lot of persuasion she also agreed to come with them. They were very happy and they were packing their bags and suddenly the principal called Meeta and Tina to her office from class.When they entered their principal's office,they could clearly see sorrow in her eyes.Meeta "What happened mam?" Principal first looked at Meeta."Meeta your father died today."They heard it correctly. But they still didn't believe it.Meeta was so shocked that instead of crying. She just kept looking at principal.Tina was just standing there turned into stone.Then suddenly Meeta started shouting loudly on principal. "What do you think you are?How dare you make a joke like that.Nonsense.I was just talking to my father few hours ago.I will complain to my parents and make sure that you will be sorry for what you are doing to me?..."Meeta continued saying such things to Principal.But instead of getting angry. The Principal's eyes turned wet and she started hiding her tears.Tina had come to her senses and started to calming Meeta. Slowly Meeta started crying.
             When they went back to room,Meeta was not in condition of talking to anyone. Tina was forced to tell everyone. When she told it,each of the friend tried to console her.But consoling was just useless in some times. But Rucha started packing bags for three of them.Meeta "What are you doing?"Rucha "Meeta you must go home now.Your mother needs you at this moment.""I can't believe this nonsense.""Please control yourself. We have to go." After that Meet just kept crying quietly and she began to do those packing which were necessary. Tina and Rucha were finding it hard to see her like this.Their friend who was going home for enjoyment was going home now to just share sorrows.
            When they reached their they were feeling very tried.Tina who always just loved the journey couldn't able to enjoy this one. Then some relative took them inside.After watching the body they all felt scared. Just Meeta didn't want to go inside.But they all forced her.Then her Mom came inside.She was looking very angry.Mom"why did you come here?""I wanted to see my father for last time.Don't I have that right?""You just don't understand.You must go by tomorrow train."They all were shocked to here this.Meeta"Mom why are you acting like this?""Listen to me sweet heart, It is for your own good." Meeta and her mom started arguing and Tina, Rucha just left the room.When they entered the room. They were totally confused by Meeta's Mom reaction. Tina "I just don't understand why did Auntie acting in such strange way?" Rucha "Very odd. Normally mothers want their daughters company on such situations." "May be she wanted to keep her daughter away from sorrows?" "This way she was acting like a mad woman." Then suddenly Meeta stomped in the room."We are leaving now.""Meeta take it easy.Your mother is not in her senses now." "I can't tolerate this.""Come on." Then Meeta started crying."She was not even ready to tell me,how did my father died?""What? this is too much." After that even Meeta's friends were not ready to sympathized with her mother.Rucha"We can't go like this.We must have to investigate cause of your father's death." Tina"Ya.We can't run away like this. We must do this for soul of your father. Meeta!!" "I have already talked to every relative. They were not answering my questions." Tina"Of course they will not answer your questions.Your mother must have warned them against it.Don't you have some servant who can tell you all the things after getting some money." Meeta suddenly relaxed. Meeta " Shyama will tell everything.She is such talkative." Meeta started calling Shyama loudly. But Tina stopped her.Tina "Don't call her loudly your Mother will hear it." Rucha"I will go fetch her. What was she wearing?" "The woman wearing lemon yellow sari who was continuously standing  beside Mom." Then Rucha went to fetch her. After some time Shyama came in to room and her drama started. She began crying loudly. That sound made them sick in stomach. Finally Meeta told her to stop it."Now tell me how did my father died?"Shyama was shocked by this question. But everyone knew that it was her new drama. Shyama"Ohh!! I can't tell you. I have eaten your house's salt. I can't betray your mother. After all she is just like goddess to me."Tina put some cash in her hand and her goddess was changed. Shyama"Beta your father killed himself.""What? But why?" "Some financial crisis. Actually not a big one. This suicides are in your family." "What nonsense?" "Your grandpa killed himself. You knew it is fourth generation." Meeta was very scared now.Meeta " You are lying." "Why should I lie? You can always ask your mother. That was the reason they never let you come here." Meeta received shock of life. She literally started running towards her mother's room. Tina and Rucha were running after her.
                 When she asked her mother.Her mother started crying which told them that all the things were true. Meeta "That means I am also going to do suicide. Ohh!! My god! My life will be taken by me." Rucha "Stop it Meeta. It is your thinking that will lead you there." Tina " Rucha is right. My Uncle is psychiatrist. If Auntie permits us, we can always go to him." "I have already lost my husband. I can do anything to save my daughter." After that every day was stress full to Meeta. Meeta started staying away from every sharp thing.She was not even permitted to use match stick. Her Mom was saying these were precautions. Most surprising thing was even Meeta was not objecting it. Instead of objecting she was accepting every thing faithfully. She was looking tense every moment.It looked as if she was on verge of nervous break down.Each day was hard and painful for her friends.
                     Finally the day of meeting Psychiatrist came. Their hearts were biting loudly.When they told him their problem. First doctor listened to tell attentively. "I think may be their is genetic problem of a depression in her family which lead them to suicide. I think none of them came to doctor. Am I right?" Meeta's mom slowly nodded her head."You are educated people. How do you act like this? and hiding such problem from your daughter too much. I know you want to avoid it so that no one shall gossip about it. But she is part of this problem. If you hide it from her, how does she suppose to be cure?" "Sorry Doctor." "Now Meeta. Listen to me.You can't be forced to suicide like this. If you get depress you can always phone to me or one of your friends. I am not giving you any medicines at this moment because you are just fine now. If any doubt arise in your mind, I am always available on phone. Now I think you shall all go to some vacation to stay away from stress. Meeta you can go home anytime you want. But don't pay attention to gossip. Always remember no one can force you to do suicide. It was just wrong decision taken by your ancestors. Many wrong decisions were taken by our ancestors. We don't follow them now. We have to change them. For example Sati, dowery. So you also don't have to follow them. Just change them." Meeta was relaxed after visiting the doctor. She even used knife.
                 After vacation when they came home,her Mom called her "Meeta help me in preparing the lunch." "Ohh! Mom I can't go near gas.""Why?" "You know it is risky." Her Mom came out side and watched her lighting a campfire. Mom"May be beating will be safe for you?" Meeta looked little bit afraid and hurriedly went in kitchen and her friends started laughing.
                                                                 The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem. 6956. Chapter bring sweet

                        Chapter bring sweet Chapter bring sweet touch to mind that form new brightness to path which create new light to min...